News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cool new Chargers in the wild.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 09, 2009, 06:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Though I'm not a huge new style Charger fan, I do love seeing some of them all decked out.  Whether It be a 2.2 or 426 Hemi, 2 doors or 4, a charger is a Charger to me and I love seeing the badge name still out there after over 40 years.

I pulled into a Walmart and saw this sweet bronze new Hemi R/T in the lot.  I had always wanted to start a picture thread of these powerful cars but just haven't. 

I came outside to find it gone but this blue one close by in the same lot and decided now was the time. 

Please feel free to post pictures of your new Charger or those you see, just like our Mopars and chargers in the wild thread.  Please don't bog this down with negative comments if you're not a fan, lets just post pictures.  :2thumbs:  and happy comments  :icon_smile_big:

P.S  I saw a lime green hemi Charger the other day that really screemed, CHARGER!!!!!!!!!!!!

:popcrn:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

jb666

A buddy of mine took these at a car show a couple of weeks ago, I thought they were pretty cool...

:cheers:  There are some people on the (other) Charger forum that have done a TON of work to their cars. It's pretty impressive what some of them will do (track time).

1969chargerrtse

Let me tall ya, either one of those nasty looking steroid power machines pulled up to me ( racing their engines ) in my old 440, I'd say please you go first.  :icon_smile_wink:  Nice stuff.  :drool5:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

68charger383

The b5 blue and green one just looked riced, but the black with red striped SRT-8 looked very much my style
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Silver R/T

Paint is the only thing I like on those
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

1969chargerrtse

And you guys thought I forgot about this thread.  

G-man

Your right!

A Charger IS a Charger.... and that there my friend AINT NO CHARGER  :slap:

1969chargerrtse

Boy the hatred runs deep? I understand. Still a decent Mopar, but I truley understand.

terrible one

I like the blue one. Is that paint missing at the rear door or a bird load? The green one looks much too tacky for me.

mauve66

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 09, 2009, 06:06:22 PM

Please don't bog this down with negative comments if you're not a fan, lets just post pictures.  :2thumbs:  and happy comments  :icon_smile_big:

we already know some of you don't like the new charger, this is just for pics of modified cars out there, sort a like the 50's guys who hated the thought of the Belvidere name on a square looking car in the late 60's early 70's

and i don't see how the blue STOCK superbee SRT, looks "riced out", in my opinion the SRT hood actually makes the car acceptable in the looks department but again this thread is just for pics of the new version
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

G-man

Id understand if it remotely looked like a charger but it doesnt. May aswell get charger badges andstick them on a nissan skyline what the hells the difference (other than the fact a skyline is a 2 door and this charger is a family sedan with a good motor)

The car good/performs/comfortable? Sure - its a good from that perspective and definately something you would buy as a family performance car. Is it a charger? Not even close.

Carry on.

Sublime69

I still don't know about these cars, and they've been out for several years now.

When they first came out I hated the look. Now, that they have some cool packages, sometimes I like them depending on the angle of the car I'm looking from. They are pretty quick though.

I guess I don't like the raping of classic badges that Chrysler did with these cars. Super Bee? R/T? Daytona?  :rofl:

I can maybe see R/T on one that's fast, but nothing Super Bee or remotely  Daytona.  :slap:

I think Chrysler screwed up when they went from the good looking 4 door that really looked like a Charger, to this thing. It still looks good from certain angles, but I'd rather pass on buying one until they make it a little more Charger looking.

What they should have built AND could have:
1969 Charger 440
1968 Satellite 318 Future Road Runner Clone
1989 Diplomat Ex-Cop Car Winter Beater
1985 Chevy C-10 400 SB Winter Project
2004 Honda Civic Daily Driver

Silver R/T

those just do not belong with classics at all

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

OldGuy

Sublime 69:  I agree with you about the concept car being the one they should have built.  I saw the actual concept car at the Seattle Auto show in 1999.  It was really an attractive and beautiful car.  Unfortunately, it occurred under the control of Damlier-Chrylser and we got stuck with the boxie Mercedes look.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

69bronzeT5

Every thread about the new Chargers has people talking shit about them and saying how they aren't real Chargers. Just my opinion but can we not have ONE thread about them where there is not negativity against them? :Twocents: Like Rob said....

" Please don't bog this down with negative comments if you're not a fan, lets just post pictures. :2thumbs: and happy comments :icon_smile_big:"
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Ghoste

I agree.  It's not a secret that I don't care for the styling but I'd sure rather look at pics of these than Civics or Suburus.
The sooner they outsell the Camry the better in my opinion.

Silver R/T

Quote from: Ghoste on July 26, 2009, 12:06:45 PM
The sooner they outsell the Camry the better in my opinion.

That'll be the day lol

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

If you aren't racing to win, then you are doomed to lose.

Silver R/T

Only good product that DCX still makes is their Ram trucks. Only one product that made it on top 20 list of best sellers
http://autos.aol.com/gallery/best-selling-cars

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

Which may be why we need to hate less and love more.  The latest version of Chrysler may have little (okay, nothing) to do with the version we all like but I still would rather it exist than not.  They have supported a lot of Mopar shows in recent years and various motorsports.  Not to mention their dabbling (sometimes to the detriment) in the reproduction market.
Yes, they make a lot of mistakes but who wants to be an orphan like Pontiac or Olds?

So bring on some new Charger SRT pics!  :2thumbs:

bull

69bronzeT5

I took these pictures back in January at my local dealer....the Charger is still there. The Challenger was there for a while, then got sent off to a dealership in Langley where me and my dad test drove it. Then it ended up back here where it was for a while and then disappeared.

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

G-man

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on July 26, 2009, 12:03:14 PM
Every thread about the new Chargers has people talking shit about them and saying how they aren't real Chargers. Just my opinion but can we not have ONE thread about them where there is not negativity against them? :Twocents:

Sure. When a thread starts about a "decent family sedan performance vehicle" not "charger" so that we have to correct the focus of the mind so people dont wonder of thinking "maybe it is a real charger". :D

elanmars

Hows about we just refer to the "new" so-called Chargers as Coronets?

If my significant other ends up buying a Charger (since she's looking for a car), I'd sooooo love to replace the emblems just for kicks.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

Brock Samson

"Enforcer" was the name they were designed under..  :shruggy: