News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cool new Chargers in the wild.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 09, 2009, 06:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

I agree and posted about this on the Carlise post and people disagreed.  :shruggy:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Brock Samson

i had forgotten about this thread... not a lot of activity in three yrs.. i caught this one at the santa cruz cruise last Yr. and liked it, showed some tasty owner done Mods..

68RT4ME

Here's my 2008 after adding some VIPER reproduction wheels a couple months ago.

Also had the tail lights painted to match and tinted too

Bought it New off the showroom in Feb '08 and have had ZERO issues with it. Didn't like them when they came out that it until I drove it and the car changed my mind. Fast as HELL and smooth as silk.
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

terrible one

Quote from: 68RT4ME on August 22, 2011, 03:33:00 PM
Here's my 2008 after adding some VIPER reproduction wheels a couple months ago.

Also had the tail lights painted to match and tinted too

Bought it New off the showroom in Feb '08 and have had ZERO issues with it. Didn't like them when they came out that it until I drove it and the car changed my mind. Fast as HELL and smooth as silk.

WOW! That looks killer! By far the best of the new Chargers that I've seen at least. The wheels really make it.  :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Silver R/T on July 26, 2009, 01:21:17 PM
Only good product that DCX still makes is their Ram trucks. Only one product that made it on top 20 list of best sellers
http://autos.aol.com/gallery/best-selling-cars

That's only because they are 40 percent cheaper than the Fords or Chevy Trucks. :Twocents:

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 26, 2009, 09:47:17 PM
"Enforcer" was the name they were designed under..  :shruggy:

Here's a mock up I did using that monicker:

Based off what I believe was a SEMA Charger:

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

1969chargerrtse

So my 7 year old and I are in the charger heading home.  We stop at a stop sign and a silver plain new Charger drives by us.  I say to him.  That's the new charger.  He replies, dad that's not a Charger?  That's just a car.  Classic.  :icon_smile_wink:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

ACUDANUT

1969chargerrtse

I laughed out loud because it was so fitting to those of us that know what a real 2dr Charger is.  To him my Charger is special, and that was " just a car "

twodko

Quote from: Drache on August 09, 2011, 12:44:18 AM
Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on August 17, 2009, 04:20:21 PM
Do dealerships and car shows count as being in the wild?

Maybe it's just a pet peeve but I've been to numerous carshows and it seems stupid for people that have bone stock brand new cars at the car show. The local carshow had a white 4 door Charger and there was nothing even done to it. It wasn't some special limited production model, just straight off the dealership lot.

If it's a limited edition model that you might not see normally or customized in some way then I guess I can understand.

I agree. These new sedans have no place at pre 1976 car shows. Same thing with ricers. There is nothing special about them and they are still BUTT ugly IMO (except the new Challys). At this years Mopar Alley show there must have been 20+ new Dodge sedans and some new gen Challengers. The owners of these rides should start their own club and hold their own shows. People come to vintage car shows to see vintage cars, not these news wannabes.  :Twocents:

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

mauve66

does the car show advertise as a "vintage/classic car show" or just a "car show" that would make a difference between a "new sedan" thats been modified, even slightly or a bone stock one
IMO a car show is for vehicles that have been taken "special care" of whether they are new or old doesn't matter
and those car groups do have their own clubs and gatherings, sometimes they even raise money for charities, but unless its labeled as a "vintage/classic" car show then.................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

68RT4ME

Quote from: mauve66 on August 28, 2011, 02:37:18 PM
does the car show advertise as a "vintage/classic car show" or just a "car show" that would make a difference between a "new sedan" thats been modified, even slightly or a bone stock one
IMO a car show is for vehicles that have been taken "special care" of whether they are new or old doesn't matter
and those car groups do have their own clubs and gatherings, sometimes they even raise money for charities, but unless its labeled as a "vintage/classic" car show then.................

That's true. Just yesterday there was a show in Jacksonville Fl. that was put on at a Dodge dealership sponsored by a club I know up there known as "J.A.M. Jacksonville Automotive Muscle" which is more of a Modern Muscle car club but is open to all makes, models and year cars. It was their first show and had nearly 100 cars attend. They managed to raise about $2000.00 for the Homeless Vets Charity. They are a great group of people that range in age from their 20's to late 60's or older and all love their cars and put allot of time and effort into them. they are also respectful of the old school cars and appreciative of them as much as anyone.
You know, this thread was started as a showcase of new Chargers. No one asked for it that I can see but it was started anyway. The haters can't help but jump in here and spew their sarcasm and crap yet again about how the car is not this or that Blah, blah :blahblah: :stirthepot:. For the life of me, why bother looking if you're not interested? One thread verses all the others about the older models and they have to piss and moan. we get it, you don't like/hate the car. Fine, go away then and leave the thread alone. You are no more a fan of the older cars then the rest of us. Just less open minded.
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

1969chargerrtse

This isn't cool.  Seem Chargers still catch on fire.

super77se

one of the coolest things about the chargers in the beginning to around the mid 80s was the fact mother mopar never intended for the dodge charger to appear as a four door and thus not a single one was built. same goes for the E bodies as not one challenger or cuda appeared as a four door, even today, the challenger has been reborn as a 2 door model and i wish dodge had stuck to that design with the charger as i may have considered buying one . there used to be a belief that if you could buy your make/model in a four door version that it wasnt a true muscle car ,but as we all know, in most applications (at least with chrysler corp) that our four door models were the exact same platform as the 2 door versions and could accept any of the same engine/drivetrain combos ,but in my book that still doesnt make it muscle car IMO. there are folks out there still trying to get 5-7k for rusty, bent up,100,000 mile, running 383 automatic 66 coronet and 70 satellite four doors believing they rare and somehow worth a chunk of cash. now a factory 440 six pack 4 speed dana 69 coronet wagon might be cool.......

Ponch ®

Quote from: twodko on August 27, 2011, 11:51:31 AM
The owners of these rides should start their own club and hold their own shows. People come to vintage car shows to see vintage cars, not these news wannabes.  :Twocents:

heh...unless it's specifically a pre-197x car show, I don't see why not. We/they are just as much car enthusiasts as the classic car guys. If you don't want to look at them, don't. It's that simple. It's like having a family reunion bbq but not letting any of the younger kids come in. At this weekend's [shameless plug]Chrysler Performance West Fall Fling MOPAR car show at Woodley Park in Van Nuys, CA starting at 10:00 am[/shameless plug] (and at the Spring Fling), we welcome all types of MOPARS, including the new Chargers/300s/Magnums and even K-Cars and PT Cruisers.  

There are dozens of modern MOPAR clubs all over country...specifically the LX's. In fact, come down to SoCal in March of next year for the LX Spring Festival....last year there were almost 1000 cars. And it's free...none of that paying $25 just to show your car. It's put on by enthusiasts for enthusiasts (with a little help from Chrysler and other sponsors...it does cost $ to do one of these things, after all).
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

dodgedarren

Quote from: Sublime69 on July 26, 2009, 11:27:48 AM
I still don't know about these cars, and they've been out for several years now.

When they first came out I hated the look. Now, that they have some cool packages, sometimes I like them depending on the angle of the car I'm looking from. They are pretty quick though.

I guess I don't like the raping of classic badges that Chrysler did with these cars. Super Bee? R/T? Daytona?  :rofl:

I can maybe see R/T on one that's fast, but nothing Super Bee or remotely  Daytona.  :slap:

I think Chrysler screwed up when they went from the good looking 4 door that really looked like a Charger, to this thing. It still looks good from certain angles, but I'd rather pass on buying one until they make it a little more Charger looking.

What they should have built AND could have:

As much as I do agree with you I was not thrilled by the concept version of the charger. I think it looks to much like a 90s camero

R6red4spd69RT

Chrysler execs have stated on the record that the only thing in common with the new Charger and the previous Chargers is the name. They have also said that they gave it that name in order to increase sales of the new sedan.

That's it, that's how it relates to the Charger of the past.

Period.

dodgedarren

If I was ever to buy a sedan I would make it a Charger because #1 is a Dodge and #2 well the same as #1

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sniff...miss my Daytona....sniff, sniff  :(

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chris G.

Quote from: R6red4spd69RT on October 11, 2011, 07:05:50 PM

Which Charger? The '84 2+2? Maybe the '78?  :shruggy:

R6red4spd69RT

Quote from: Chris G. on October 11, 2011, 08:09:03 PM

There wasn't a Charger made after '74 so I think that narrows it down.

Orange_Crush

Quote from: R6red4spd69RT on October 11, 2011, 09:44:09 PM
Quote from: Chris G. on October 11, 2011, 08:09:03 PM

There wasn't a Charger made after '74 so I think that narrows it down.

Yeah there was!  Here is a '77 and an '87...hey, they are both 2-doors!  Must be "real" chargers!  Even the 95 horsepower Fwd one!
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Brock Samson

wow,. i hadn't realized this thread was about a pissing match on the newer Sedans..  :scratchchin:

twodko

Quote from: Ponch ® on October 11, 2011, 12:17:56 PM
Quote from: twodko on August 27, 2011, 11:51:31 AM
The owners of these rides should start their own club and hold their own shows. People come to vintage car shows to see vintage cars, not these news wannabes.  :Twocents:

heh...unless it's specifically a pre-197x car show, I don't see why not. We/they are just as much car enthusiasts as the classic car guys. If you don't want to look at them, don't. It's that simple. It's like having a family reunion bbq but not letting any of the younger kids come in. At this weekend's [shameless plug]Chrysler Performance West Fall Fling MOPAR car show at Woodley Park in Van Nuys, CA starting at 10:00 am[/shameless plug] (and at the Spring Fling), we welcome all ty
of MOPARS, including the new Chargers/300s/Magnums and even K-Cars and PT Cruisers

There are dozens of modern MOPAR clubs all over country...specifically the LX's. In fact, come down to SoCal in March of next year for the LX Spring Festival....last year there were almost 1000 cars. And it's free...none of that paying $25 just to show your car. It's
put on by enthusiasts for enthusiasts (with a little help from Chrysler and other sponsors...it does cost $ to do one of these things, after all).

Ponch I agree with you, if a car show is advertised as 1976 and older that's pretty clear it's not for cars beyond  1976. If no qualification is given the intent is for any year cars to enter.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Road Dog

I don't put my 11 Challenger or my 69 charger in car shows though there may be cars in the show comparable to them. I have an Idea of what should be in a show and my stuff ain't it. Even though folks see me parking away from the show cars ask me why I'm not in there. :shruggy:
If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.