News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cool new Chargers in the wild.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 09, 2009, 06:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Though I'm not a huge new style Charger fan, I do love seeing some of them all decked out.  Whether It be a 2.2 or 426 Hemi, 2 doors or 4, a charger is a Charger to me and I love seeing the badge name still out there after over 40 years.

I pulled into a Walmart and saw this sweet bronze new Hemi R/T in the lot.  I had always wanted to start a picture thread of these powerful cars but just haven't. 

I came outside to find it gone but this blue one close by in the same lot and decided now was the time. 

Please feel free to post pictures of your new Charger or those you see, just like our Mopars and chargers in the wild thread.  Please don't bog this down with negative comments if you're not a fan, lets just post pictures.  :2thumbs:  and happy comments  :icon_smile_big:

P.S  I saw a lime green hemi Charger the other day that really screemed, CHARGER!!!!!!!!!!!!

:popcrn:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

jb666

A buddy of mine took these at a car show a couple of weeks ago, I thought they were pretty cool...

:cheers:  There are some people on the (other) Charger forum that have done a TON of work to their cars. It's pretty impressive what some of them will do (track time).

1969chargerrtse

Let me tall ya, either one of those nasty looking steroid power machines pulled up to me ( racing their engines ) in my old 440, I'd say please you go first.  :icon_smile_wink:  Nice stuff.  :drool5:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

68charger383

The b5 blue and green one just looked riced, but the black with red striped SRT-8 looked very much my style
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Silver R/T

Paint is the only thing I like on those
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

1969chargerrtse

And you guys thought I forgot about this thread.  

G-man

Your right!

A Charger IS a Charger.... and that there my friend AINT NO CHARGER  :slap:

1969chargerrtse

Boy the hatred runs deep? I understand. Still a decent Mopar, but I truley understand.

terrible one

I like the blue one. Is that paint missing at the rear door or a bird load? The green one looks much too tacky for me.

mauve66

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 09, 2009, 06:06:22 PM

Please don't bog this down with negative comments if you're not a fan, lets just post pictures.  :2thumbs:  and happy comments  :icon_smile_big:

we already know some of you don't like the new charger, this is just for pics of modified cars out there, sort a like the 50's guys who hated the thought of the Belvidere name on a square looking car in the late 60's early 70's

and i don't see how the blue STOCK superbee SRT, looks "riced out", in my opinion the SRT hood actually makes the car acceptable in the looks department but again this thread is just for pics of the new version
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

G-man

Id understand if it remotely looked like a charger but it doesnt. May aswell get charger badges andstick them on a nissan skyline what the hells the difference (other than the fact a skyline is a 2 door and this charger is a family sedan with a good motor)

The car good/performs/comfortable? Sure - its a good from that perspective and definately something you would buy as a family performance car. Is it a charger? Not even close.

Carry on.

Sublime69

I still don't know about these cars, and they've been out for several years now.

When they first came out I hated the look. Now, that they have some cool packages, sometimes I like them depending on the angle of the car I'm looking from. They are pretty quick though.

I guess I don't like the raping of classic badges that Chrysler did with these cars. Super Bee? R/T? Daytona?  :rofl:

I can maybe see R/T on one that's fast, but nothing Super Bee or remotely  Daytona.  :slap:

I think Chrysler screwed up when they went from the good looking 4 door that really looked like a Charger, to this thing. It still looks good from certain angles, but I'd rather pass on buying one until they make it a little more Charger looking.

What they should have built AND could have:
1969 Charger 440
1968 Satellite 318 Future Road Runner Clone
1989 Diplomat Ex-Cop Car Winter Beater
1985 Chevy C-10 400 SB Winter Project
2004 Honda Civic Daily Driver

Silver R/T

those just do not belong with classics at all

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

OldGuy

Sublime 69:  I agree with you about the concept car being the one they should have built.  I saw the actual concept car at the Seattle Auto show in 1999.  It was really an attractive and beautiful car.  Unfortunately, it occurred under the control of Damlier-Chrylser and we got stuck with the boxie Mercedes look.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

69bronzeT5

Every thread about the new Chargers has people talking shit about them and saying how they aren't real Chargers. Just my opinion but can we not have ONE thread about them where there is not negativity against them? :Twocents: Like Rob said....

" Please don't bog this down with negative comments if you're not a fan, lets just post pictures. :2thumbs: and happy comments :icon_smile_big:"
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Ghoste

I agree.  It's not a secret that I don't care for the styling but I'd sure rather look at pics of these than Civics or Suburus.
The sooner they outsell the Camry the better in my opinion.

Silver R/T

Quote from: Ghoste on July 26, 2009, 12:06:45 PM
The sooner they outsell the Camry the better in my opinion.

That'll be the day lol

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

If you aren't racing to win, then you are doomed to lose.

Silver R/T

Only good product that DCX still makes is their Ram trucks. Only one product that made it on top 20 list of best sellers
http://autos.aol.com/gallery/best-selling-cars

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

Which may be why we need to hate less and love more.  The latest version of Chrysler may have little (okay, nothing) to do with the version we all like but I still would rather it exist than not.  They have supported a lot of Mopar shows in recent years and various motorsports.  Not to mention their dabbling (sometimes to the detriment) in the reproduction market.
Yes, they make a lot of mistakes but who wants to be an orphan like Pontiac or Olds?

So bring on some new Charger SRT pics!  :2thumbs:

bull

69bronzeT5

I took these pictures back in January at my local dealer....the Charger is still there. The Challenger was there for a while, then got sent off to a dealership in Langley where me and my dad test drove it. Then it ended up back here where it was for a while and then disappeared.

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

G-man

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on July 26, 2009, 12:03:14 PM
Every thread about the new Chargers has people talking shit about them and saying how they aren't real Chargers. Just my opinion but can we not have ONE thread about them where there is not negativity against them? :Twocents:

Sure. When a thread starts about a "decent family sedan performance vehicle" not "charger" so that we have to correct the focus of the mind so people dont wonder of thinking "maybe it is a real charger". :D

elanmars

Hows about we just refer to the "new" so-called Chargers as Coronets?

If my significant other ends up buying a Charger (since she's looking for a car), I'd sooooo love to replace the emblems just for kicks.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

Brock Samson

"Enforcer" was the name they were designed under..  :shruggy:

Sublime69

Here's some pics of what the new "Charger" may look like:

=> http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/charger-2010.html

If this is all Chrysler can come up with in 5 years, then I could really care less if they build anymore of these or not.
They know what we want, even if it is 4 doors, but they refuse to deliver. Except for the Challenger that every dealer wants to rape you on.  :rotz:
1969 Charger 440

G-man

:rofl:

Id rather an RX7 or a skyline over that thing, even over these Enforcer cars badged with charger.

Brock Samson

Sublime69

I'm still waiting for some pictures of a good looking new "Charger"  :smilielol:
1969 Charger 440

Brock Samson

Quote from: Sublime69 on July 26, 2009, 10:13:27 PM
Here's some pics of what the new "Charger" may look like:

=> http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/charger-2010.html

If this is all Chrysler can come up with in 5 years, then I could really care less if they build anymore of these or not.
They know what we want, even if it is 4 doors, but they refuse to deliver. Except for the Challenger that every dealer wants to rape you on.  :rotz:

this was all covered here a couple Mos ago... I'll go dig up the thread...
that is not the revised Charger...

ya know, after searching and reviewing all the threads with the word FIAT in them I just can't bear to go on...  :eek2:

:leaving:

G-man

o well

As long as it makes ours worth more and look better/more desired, keep building shit. From the new worthless junker... charger to a 4 door clown project challenger. I wont be caught dead in any of them. Last thing i need is 2 be a charger/challenger wannabe with this pov imitation of a bad idea car they designed. Name it something else and i wont complain. Now im gonna see ppl running around saying I GOT A CHARGER, or  I GOT A CHALLENGER. Yeah suuuuuuure u do buddy, go sit over there

1969chargerrtse

This thing is sweet.  I think #708 of 1,000 built.

grdprx

GREEN684SPD

heres 1

ChgrSteve67

Do dealerships and car shows count as being in the wild?

E5 Charger

I like the hoods on the SRTs. Has anyone grafted one on an old Charger?

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on August 17, 2009, 04:20:21 PM
Car shows.  Not sure about Dealerships?  Matter of Opinion I guess.  If I saw a neat one at a Dealership, I'd post it.  Why not.

ChgrSteve67

To me "in the wild" means being driven down the street on an ordanary day.

As for the dealership, no one owns it yet and most have never seen the open road or freeway.

Now if the dealer had one that was hydrogen powered that just turned 200+ at the salt flats I might be more understanding.

mauve66

i thought the wild was anything outside a closed garage??

mine hasn't been in the wild for more than a day since 1999.............................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

ChgrSteve67

There you go thinking again.  LOL   Sorry I couldn't resist.

Shouldn't you be working on getting that on the road again?

1969chargerrtse

Total disrespect for the new Charger.  :slap:

71charger

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on August 06, 2011, 06:05:50 PM

Hell I wouldnt even sit on the new so called "chargers" there just a sports seden that stole the name charger
I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I'm all out of bubble gum.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 71charger on August 06, 2011, 06:12:37 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on August 06, 2011, 06:05:50 PM

Hell I wouldnt even sit on the new so called "chargers" there just a sports seden that stole the name charger
Gotta admit it doesn't look anything like the one in my garage.

70sixpkrt

Those are not Chargers. They are Magnum Sedans.

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

WhiteLightninn

Typical typical.

If these Chargers disgust you why don't you just leave the thread?  And lets admit, compared to all the modern cars, these Chargers are the most badass out of em all.

MaximRecoil

Quote from: elanmars on July 26, 2009, 09:38:14 PM
Hows about we just refer to the "new" so-called Chargers as Coronets?

If my significant other ends up buying a Charger (since she's looking for a car), I'd sooooo love to replace the emblems just for kicks.

They are too ugly to be a Coronet. I think "St. Regis" is more fitting.

UH60L

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 26, 2009, 09:47:17 PM

Interesting.......

I don't know if there is any historical use of that name, but I am willing to bet they would have had little to no backlash for calling the 2006 sedan "enforcer". 

I have personally suggested the name coronet, simply because coronets (in the '60s) were big powerfull cars, were offered in a 4 door, and.....were what the charger was based off of....thus setting up the possibility of releasing a two door version (retro of course) called charger.

Yes, this might have meant no new challenger, but hey, I think it could have worked.  Still could work as a future marketing plan.  I get told a lot by the "pro 4 door" people that "times change and so do cars".  Well, maybe this one needs to change more drasticlly with the next redesign.  In doing so, you get two new vehicels to "release" to the public (coronet sedan, charger coupe), perhaps ending challenger production at the same time (making them more "rare").

(I often get accused of trolling or arguing concerning this topic (or being old, out of touch, and yes, even living in my mom's basement eating cheetos with no life...), but, you'll notice I'm not just complaining here, but offering possible, feasable solutions....)

I think it was kind of two-faced for chrysler execs to publicly trash people that complained about the 2006-2010 sedan, specifically saying it wasn't meant to be a muscle car like the old ones, then marketed such things as a "daytona edition" "super bee edition" and "heritage muscle car colors" etc etc.  I would be curious to know the statistics of how these marketing campaigns affected overall sales.

Ghoste

I wondered some of those things myself.  We'll never know for sure because the spin from any corporation will always be positive.

HOTROD

The Yellow one looked like shit  :smilielol: the side pipes came out the rear Hello  :brickwall: !!
What the Hell-Dumass !

Drache

Maybe it's just a pet peeve but I've been to numerous carshows and it seems stupid for people that have bone stock brand new cars at the car show. The local carshow had a white 4 door Charger and there was nothing even done to it. It wasn't some special limited production model, just straight off the dealership lot.

If it's a limited edition model that you might not see normally or customized in some way then I guess I can understand.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

1969chargerrtse

I agree and posted about this on the Carlise post and people disagreed.  :shruggy:

Brock Samson

i had forgotten about this thread... not a lot of activity in three yrs.. i caught this one at the santa cruz cruise last Yr. and liked it, showed some tasty owner done Mods..

68RT4ME

Here's my 2008 after adding some VIPER reproduction wheels a couple months ago.

Also had the tail lights painted to match and tinted too

Bought it New off the showroom in Feb '08 and have had ZERO issues with it. Didn't like them when they came out that it until I drove it and the car changed my mind. Fast as HELL and smooth as silk.
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

terrible one

Quote from: 68RT4ME on August 22, 2011, 03:33:00 PM
Here's my 2008 after adding some VIPER reproduction wheels a couple months ago.

Also had the tail lights painted to match and tinted too

Bought it New off the showroom in Feb '08 and have had ZERO issues with it. Didn't like them when they came out that it until I drove it and the car changed my mind. Fast as HELL and smooth as silk.

WOW! That looks killer! By far the best of the new Chargers that I've seen at least. The wheels really make it.  :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Silver R/T on July 26, 2009, 01:21:17 PM
Only good product that DCX still makes is their Ram trucks. Only one product that made it on top 20 list of best sellers
http://autos.aol.com/gallery/best-selling-cars

That's only because they are 40 percent cheaper than the Fords or Chevy Trucks. :Twocents:

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 26, 2009, 09:47:17 PM

Here's a mock up I did using that monicker:

Based off what I believe was a SEMA Charger:

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

1969chargerrtse

So my 7 year old and I are in the charger heading home.  We stop at a stop sign and a silver plain new Charger drives by us.  I say to him.  That's the new charger.  He replies, dad that's not a Charger?  That's just a car.  Classic.  :icon_smile_wink:

ACUDANUT

1969chargerrtse

I laughed out loud because it was so fitting to those of us that know what a real 2dr Charger is.  To him my Charger is special, and that was " just a car "

twodko

Quote from: Drache on August 09, 2011, 12:44:18 AM

Maybe it's just a pet peeve but I've been to numerous carshows and it seems stupid for people that have bone stock brand new cars at the car show. The local carshow had a white 4 door Charger and there was nothing even done to it. It wasn't some special limited production model, just straight off the dealership lot.

If it's a limited edition model that you might not see normally or customized in some way then I guess I can understand.

I agree. These new sedans have no place at pre 1976 car shows. Same thing with ricers. There is nothing special about them and they are still BUTT ugly IMO (except the new Challys). At this years Mopar Alley show there must have been 20+ new Dodge sedans and some new gen Challengers. The owners of these rides should start their own club and hold their own shows. People come to vintage car shows to see vintage cars, not these news wannabes.  :Twocents:

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

mauve66

does the car show advertise as a "vintage/classic car show" or just a "car show" that would make a difference between a "new sedan" thats been modified, even slightly or a bone stock one
IMO a car show is for vehicles that have been taken "special care" of whether they are new or old doesn't matter
and those car groups do have their own clubs and gatherings, sometimes they even raise money for charities, but unless its labeled as a "vintage/classic" car show then.................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

68RT4ME

Quote from: mauve66 on August 28, 2011, 02:37:18 PM
does the car show advertise as a "vintage/classic car show" or just a "car show" that would make a difference between a "new sedan" thats been modified, even slightly or a bone stock one
IMO a car show is for vehicles that have been taken "special care" of whether they are new or old doesn't matter
and those car groups do have their own clubs and gatherings, sometimes they even raise money for charities, but unless its labeled as a "vintage/classic" car show then.................

That's true. Just yesterday there was a show in Jacksonville Fl. that was put on at a Dodge dealership sponsored by a club I know up there known as "J.A.M. Jacksonville Automotive Muscle" which is more of a Modern Muscle car club but is open to all makes, models and year cars. It was their first show and had nearly 100 cars attend. They managed to raise about $2000.00 for the Homeless Vets Charity. They are a great group of people that range in age from their 20's to late 60's or older and all love their cars and put allot of time and effort into them. they are also respectful of the old school cars and appreciative of them as much as anyone.
You know, this thread was started as a showcase of new Chargers. No one asked for it that I can see but it was started anyway. The haters can't help but jump in here and spew their sarcasm and crap yet again about how the car is not this or that Blah, blah :blahblah: :stirthepot:. For the life of me, why bother looking if you're not interested? One thread verses all the others about the older models and they have to piss and moan. we get it, you don't like/hate the car. Fine, go away then and leave the thread alone. You are no more a fan of the older cars then the rest of us. Just less open minded.
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

1969chargerrtse

This isn't cool.  Seem Chargers still catch on fire.

super77se

one of the coolest things about the chargers in the beginning to around the mid 80s was the fact mother mopar never intended for the dodge charger to appear as a four door and thus not a single one was built. same goes for the E bodies as not one challenger or cuda appeared as a four door, even today, the challenger has been reborn as a 2 door model and i wish dodge had stuck to that design with the charger as i may have considered buying one . there used to be a belief that if you could buy your make/model in a four door version that it wasnt a true muscle car ,but as we all know, in most applications (at least with chrysler corp) that our four door models were the exact same platform as the 2 door versions and could accept any of the same engine/drivetrain combos ,but in my book that still doesnt make it muscle car IMO. there are folks out there still trying to get 5-7k for rusty, bent up,100,000 mile, running 383 automatic 66 coronet and 70 satellite four doors believing they rare and somehow worth a chunk of cash. now a factory 440 six pack 4 speed dana 69 coronet wagon might be cool.......

Ponch ®

Quote from: twodko on August 27, 2011, 11:51:31 AM
The owners of these rides should start their own club and hold their own shows. People come to vintage car shows to see vintage cars, not these news wannabes.  :Twocents:

heh...unless it's specifically a pre-197x car show, I don't see why not. We/they are just as much car enthusiasts as the classic car guys. If you don't want to look at them, don't. It's that simple. It's like having a family reunion bbq but not letting any of the younger kids come in. At this weekend's [shameless plug]Chrysler Performance West Fall Fling MOPAR car show at Woodley Park in Van Nuys, CA starting at 10:00 am[/shameless plug] (and at the Spring Fling), we welcome all types of MOPARS, including the new Chargers/300s/Magnums and even K-Cars and PT Cruisers.  

There are dozens of modern MOPAR clubs all over country...specifically the LX's. In fact, come down to SoCal in March of next year for the LX Spring Festival....last year there were almost 1000 cars. And it's free...none of that paying $25 just to show your car. It's put on by enthusiasts for enthusiasts (with a little help from Chrysler and other sponsors...it does cost $ to do one of these things, after all).
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

dodgedarren

Quote from: Sublime69 on July 26, 2009, 11:27:48 AM
I still don't know about these cars, and they've been out for several years now.

When they first came out I hated the look. Now, that they have some cool packages, sometimes I like them depending on the angle of the car I'm looking from. They are pretty quick though.

I guess I don't like the raping of classic badges that Chrysler did with these cars. Super Bee? R/T? Daytona?  :rofl:

I can maybe see R/T on one that's fast, but nothing Super Bee or remotely  Daytona.  :slap:

I think Chrysler screwed up when they went from the good looking 4 door that really looked like a Charger, to this thing. It still looks good from certain angles, but I'd rather pass on buying one until they make it a little more Charger looking.

What they should have built AND could have:

As much as I do agree with you I was not thrilled by the concept version of the charger. I think it looks to much like a 90s camero

R6red4spd69RT

Chrysler execs have stated on the record that the only thing in common with the new Charger and the previous Chargers is the name. They have also said that they gave it that name in order to increase sales of the new sedan.

That's it, that's how it relates to the Charger of the past.

Period.

dodgedarren

If I was ever to buy a sedan I would make it a Charger because #1 is a Dodge and #2 well the same as #1

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sniff...miss my Daytona....sniff, sniff  :(

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chris G.

Quote from: R6red4spd69RT on October 11, 2011, 07:05:50 PM

Which Charger? The '84 2+2? Maybe the '78?  :shruggy:

R6red4spd69RT

Quote from: Chris G. on October 11, 2011, 08:09:03 PM

There wasn't a Charger made after '74 so I think that narrows it down.

Orange_Crush

Quote from: R6red4spd69RT on October 11, 2011, 09:44:09 PM
Quote from: Chris G. on October 11, 2011, 08:09:03 PM

There wasn't a Charger made after '74 so I think that narrows it down.

Yeah there was!  Here is a '77 and an '87...hey, they are both 2-doors!  Must be "real" chargers!  Even the 95 horsepower Fwd one!
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Brock Samson

wow,. i hadn't realized this thread was about a pissing match on the newer Sedans..  :scratchchin:

twodko

Quote from: Ponch ® on October 11, 2011, 12:17:56 PM
Quote from: twodko on August 27, 2011, 11:51:31 AM
The owners of these rides should start their own club and hold their own shows. People come to vintage car shows to see vintage cars, not these news wannabes.  :Twocents:

heh...unless it's specifically a pre-197x car show, I don't see why not. We/they are just as much car enthusiasts as the classic car guys. If you don't want to look at them, don't. It's that simple. It's like having a family reunion bbq but not letting any of the younger kids come in. At this weekend's [shameless plug]Chrysler Performance West Fall Fling MOPAR car show at Woodley Park in Van Nuys, CA starting at 10:00 am[/shameless plug] (and at the Spring Fling), we welcome all ty
of MOPARS, including the new Chargers/300s/Magnums and even K-Cars and PT Cruisers

There are dozens of modern MOPAR clubs all over country...specifically the LX's. In fact, come down to SoCal in March of next year for the LX Spring Festival....last year there were almost 1000 cars. And it's free...none of that paying $25 just to show your car. It's
put on by enthusiasts for enthusiasts (with a little help from Chrysler and other sponsors...it does cost $ to do one of these things, after all).

Ponch I agree with you, if a car show is advertised as 1976 and older that's pretty clear it's not for cars beyond  1976. If no qualification is given the intent is for any year cars to enter.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Road Dog

I don't put my 11 Challenger or my 69 charger in car shows though there may be cars in the show comparable to them. I have an Idea of what should be in a show and my stuff ain't it. Even though folks see me parking away from the show cars ask me why I'm not in there. :shruggy:
If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

TK73

Seattle Mopars Unlimited opened an LX class, along with a Dakota and Neon class.  Brings more car people together...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

ACUDANUT

Okay, but who go's to a show wanting to look at "LX series, Dakota's and Neon's.   Not me. :Twocents:

Darkman

I do not go to car shows to see factory restored cars (Chargers or otherwise), nor would I go to see a plain production car (unless I want to see what is new on the market). I go to see modifications and personal touches put on "individual's" cars. Shows like Show and Shines, Street Machines etc

I like the new Chargers more now than I did a year ago. Certain things just seem to grow on you. It is called change, if you don't accept it, you will be left behind (or you're just a grumpy old person  :nana: )
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

1969chargerrtse

The pictures don't do this car justice.  It's really a cool looking car.  I ended up meeting the owner.  Listen to this.  He used to own a 70 Hemi Challenger back in the 70's.  I love talking to original Hemi owners.  He used to drive it on the street with fat rear tires that were like slicks but had fine thread in them to be street.  He raced it on the track also.  He said his ladder bars messed up the floor or frame so he had to weld them on.
On the newer Charger he had the rear rims cut in half and 4" added to them.  One cool dude ( his friends call him, cool dude )and car. He's gonna check out this site so be nice.  :icon_smile_big: