News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

carlisle question

Started by Peters02, June 07, 2009, 07:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peters02

First time heading to the show.
Looking to find parts for the 72. 
Anyone have a way to find what vendors will be there?  I called and looked at the site - no joy.  Hoping to order some parts and avoid shipping.

Thanks
Peter

moparjohn

The vendor area is HUGE, say 50 acres or so (chime in if I'm wrong) most are car guys sellin surplus/ parted out cars ect. Then there is proffesional vendors like Year I , Mcguires, restoration firms.  You WILL find it at Carlisle- just bring good footwear!!
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

Nacho-RT74

year one and paddock only bring up BIG TRUCKS  FULL OF CATALOGS!!!! :eyes:
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Peters02

Great info - thanks.  I will make some calls around to see if I can find a list of more vendors. 

Appreciated.
Peter

resq302

Normally Eastwood shows up but from what I have heard, they stopped going to ALL shows this year.
Mega parts, A&M High Tech Auto (Bill Alphin-member here) Bill Rollik enterprises, R/T specialties, are just some of the ones I know who bring parts out there.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

41husk

Can you rent a golf cart?  How much bigger is this than say Monster Mopar in St. Louis?  I am starting to get cold feet about driving the Charger the 12 hours.  I had a linkage come apart  for the tranny a couple weeks back.  Yeserday I had to change the alternator.  Those worries to go with no AC  :scratchchin: Maybe I can  trailor a car.  If I do get a trailor I may take the 73.  Any input would be great.  I'm just not sure what to do :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparjohn

Come any way you can, trust your car (I do) and be ready for the best Mopar show on the East Coast.
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

resq302

Quote from: 41husk on June 08, 2009, 05:58:02 PM
Can you rent a golf cart?  How much bigger is this than say Monster Mopar in St. Louis?  I am starting to get cold feet about driving the Charger the 12 hours.  I had a linkage come apart  for the tranny a couple weeks back.  Yeserday I had to change the alternator.  Those worries to go with no AC  :scratchchin: Maybe I can  trailor a car.  If I do get a trailor I may take the 73.  Any input would be great.  I'm just not sure what to do :shruggy:

Could always do what Wes and John does, bring spare parts with you when you go on abnormally long drives.  Typical parts such as alternator, starter, distributor, ECU (if you have one), ballast resistor, and maybe even a water pump.  I had an instance driving my charger about 2 1/2 hrs away out ot Lancaster, PA one year where the one nut came loose for the shifter rod and once I got to the traffic light, I could not shift out of first gear.  Needless to say, I went to a local shop that was just a block up the road and thankfully, they were into old mopars and were more than glad to help me out.  It took a while for me to get my confidence in my charger up to take it out on long distance shows again.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

jobbless

still dont have a charger to tell a story about but i drive all my cars very long distances they seem to do better on highway travel than around town,, a friend of mine was just in ca he is in the air force while there he found a 68 barracuda fast back 318 auto rust free.. non op for the last few years paid $3200 and drove it more than 3k miles home without any problems at all i love mopars
68 charger parts needed.
Radio bezel
Tail panel trim
4 speed console
Tail lights

FJ5WING

im pretty sure golf carts are a no-no at carlisle, but they rent and allow you to use electric scooters.

Eastwood will definetly not be there, yes they did cancel their show schedule for the entire year.

B/E&A usually has a great set up.

lots of the "big" used parts vendors are there.

I'm not sure you can get a vendor list before hand?
wingless now, but still around.

Just 6T9 CHGR

IIRC the vendor list is always printed out in the catalog handed out at the gate.

I wonder why Eastwood cancelled?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

FJ5WING

I'm not far from Eastwood headquarters and stop in quite often. They didnt come out and say it but hinted that it wasnt cost effective for them to travel.

wingless now, but still around.

resq302

FJ5- 

I heard the same thing about the cost effectivenes that they could do the same amount of sales over the internet and phone.  Seems kinda stupid though especially when you can see the actual product and color samples in person.  I know thats how I got turned onto them first was at the Hershey, PA fall national AACA show.
Brian

hemigeno

Quote from: 41husk on June 08, 2009, 05:58:02 PM
How much bigger is this than say Monster Mopar in St. Louis?

Way bigger...  MMW has, what, 700+/- showcars plus alll the dragstrip cars?  Correct my numbers here guys, but I think Carlisle has between 2,000 and 2,500 showcars.  No drag action, but several dragstrip-oriented cars still set up on the show field.

It is worth the trip, even if you have to hitchike.  Speaking of which, when are you headed east, Allen?  I'll probably spend the 9th on the road travelling to PA.  Let me know if that's anywhere close to your travel schedule.

41husk

Thanks Geno, I will pm you went we get a little closer.  As you can see I'm still not sure what I am taking.  If I trailor one of the cars, I will end up spending more money having room in the back of the truck for parts :scratchchin:  I have not seen any thing.  might you be unvailing the Daytona at Carlisle?
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

hemigeno

Quote from: 41husk on June 09, 2009, 07:13:44 PM
Thanks Geno, I will pm you went we get a little closer.  As you can see I'm still not sure what I am taking.  If I trailor one of the cars, I will end up spending more money having room in the back of the truck for parts :scratchchin:  I have not seen any thing.  might you be unvailing the Daytona at Carlisle?

Allen, the swap meet at Carlisle beats anything (Mopar-oriented) I've seen.  The 'Nats isn't too shabby either, but Carlisle is not one to miss.  Bring the truck & trailer, as that will just save you having to figure out how to ship all of your swap meet finds back to Illinois.  :P

The Daytona won't be making the trip to PA this year - it will not be done by then.  Back in 2002 when the deal to buy my car was taking shape, I had said I wanted it to be done by Talladega 2009 (October)... never thinking for a moment that I'd be stretched to make even that deadline.  Oh well.

Peters02

To let you know, I called the Carlisle website phone number.  They said they would post a vendor list in a week or so.  They were compiling it "now".

Peter

flmopars

We G&D Musclecarparts will be there selling parts so if you need any parts send us a list and we will see what we have......If you PRE-PAY for parts we will deliver them there for FREE

TomW

Are there many Chargers actually on sale at these shows?

flmopars

it varies every year as to what cars people have for sale and what they bring

41husk

Do they let you sell items if your in the show field?  I have a set of BFG radials on 14" rallyes with new centers and trim rings, I would love to get them out of the garage, but don't want to haul them to PA if I'm not supposed to sell them.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Troy

Quote from: 41husk on June 19, 2009, 11:08:02 PM
Do they let you sell items if your in the show field?  I have a set of BFG radials on 14" rallyes with new centers and trim rings, I would love to get them out of the garage, but don't want to haul them to PA if I'm not supposed to sell them.
Nope. I'm not sure if it's spelled out anywhere but it's definitely frowned upon. Maybe one of the other members could stick them in their swap space for you?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Just 6T9 CHGR

On their show field registration form it states no "For Sale" signs on vehicles....I have seen some "hidden" signs placed near cars touting parts for sale though.....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T