News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

If you were offered to sell your baby ( Charger ) would you?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 06, 2009, 06:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68charger383

I think when someone walks up to a classic, it's almost a part of the conversation that they ask if it's for sale and then how much.

I'd sell for the right price-more than it's worth.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

mikesbbody

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 07, 2009, 05:33:35 AM
Quote from: mikesbbody on June 07, 2009, 02:17:41 AM
Everthing has a price  :Twocents:
Gotta disagree with that. 

Not even if someone offered you the kind of $ that would buy 5-10 cars? its nice to say "Id never sell" but I think there's a point where most of us would  :Twocents: (key word being "most")

Supercharged Riot

Yes.

I'd sell for at least 10 times more than what its worth....then Id buy more Chargers for that money.  :icon_smile_big:

Mike DC

I just hate it when guys get all indignant & act like you OWE it to them sell the car any time somebody offers you the car's value. 

As if the entire world of vintage cars is operating in some giant "Claimer class" or something. 

bull

TheGhost

Never say never.

I thought I would never sell my Barracuda.

Now I'm Mopar-less.

Although, I miss the hell out of that car...
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

WM23N1G1

I'd say Yes, she deserves a better owner than me...  :'(

dads_69

I've owned over 44 mopars to date, half of them were chargers, 2nd gen style. I only miss one of them, '69 SE 383 car my dad bought me when I was 14 for my birthday.
It's in Seattle area now somewhere but I can't find it still.
All I'm going to say is, don't do something you'll regret later on in life, even though we all do things like so everyday. Sure, a car is just a material item, but theres something to be said for sentimental value, and money can't put a price on that IMO.
Best quote I ever heard from my dad that I never listend to is: Never fall in love w/a car, to bad I didn't listen and keep the car he bought me at age 14 now w/o him knowing years later how much I'd miss him and the car.
That's my  :Twocents:

Mark

P.S. No, I don't own a mopar right now. There was  thread a few months back asking *if you didn't own a charger would you still come here*. I answered: yes.
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

kcederwall08

I'd say yes. As long as the price it sells for is greater than the amount of money that has been put into it.

My car has a lot of sentimental value, and lots of hard work has been put into it, but it is very difficult to put a price on that. I think about this fairly often, and how much I would actually sell the car for. But so far no one has made any offers that would be worth considering, so I don't think I have to worry about it too much.

For reference my car is the one in my signature.

RAC95054

There is a price for everything, I believe.  I'm thinking of at least 50% over what it would get on the regular market.  A nice R/T SE 4-speed goes for what these days?  $40K?  More?  So at least $60K.  Not that I wouldn't miss it, but I think I could replace it with something else nice with $60K.  :yesnod:
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

richRTSE

If I really was desperate for money I'd sell. I've had a few people ask me to sell. Just last month at the gas station a guy asked if it was for sale. I told him no, but he insisted on asking me to name a price. I said I'd never really thought about it, and he said "What if I offered you $40k for it?" So I said I guess I'd have to think about it. He gave me his number, and I added it to the 3 or 4 other numbers I have in case I ever do decide to sell. For now, I'll just keep enjoying it, and hopefully I never really need the money.

hemi68charger

Everything has a price, but by the same token, do you want to be without? I would maybe search for something that you would prefer over this one, i.e, 4-speed versus auto, color combination,, year model, etc........ Then, if you find something and he's willing to wait,, go for it.

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

73chgrSE

I couldn't sell it unless it was a life emergency or something. Too much sentimental value. I've been offered alot more than i thought these cars were worth, and turned it down both times. I hope I'm never in a position where i have to sell it.

UFO

Quote from: 73chgrSE on June 10, 2009, 01:56:45 PM
Too much sentimental value.

Exactly why I didn't let mine go.Maybe if the plan at the beginning was to restore it then let it go for a profit.

chargerboy69

I would take the money and run if you even are thinking of selling it.  I am looking for another 69 and $50,000.00 for your car is real good money right now, real good.  I have seen several very nice RT/SE cars getting $24000.00-$37,000.00 on E-Bay. If the guy is stupid enough to pay that much, I would take it.  In todays market you could probably find two nice ones for $50,000.00.

This guy here has listed this RT/SE a few times, and can not get a opening bid for $34,000.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Charger-R-T-SE-77k-miles-s-matching-Docs-Rare_W0QQitemZ140325557003QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item20ac0e130b&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12|39%3A1|72%3A317|240%3A1308
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Dodge Don

I suppose we all deal with this.

I have no intention of selling mine. I plan on keeping her forever. I've got too many years of my life invested in her and there is defintely a connection.

I've had a couple of guys driving by stop when they see me out in the garage (when the shell was there). They'd chat and ask questions and when they understood the level of the restoration I was doing they would eventually ask how much I'd sell it for when it was done. I reply that it's not going to be for sale but they always pull out the "everything has it's price" statement. I tell them $90k US. The look on their faces is priceless...."90k! Holy S*#t".......well, I'm the guy WITH the Charger aren't I?

Given how much I have invested in my Charger I'm going to bump up my "Everything has it's price" amount to $110k.

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: tan top on June 06, 2009, 07:19:00 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 06, 2009, 06:35:08 PM
Quote from: tan top on June 06, 2009, 06:32:26 PM
nope   ;D
How about everyone posting a picture of their " nope " or " yep " car?

:thumbs:   still nope :icon_smile_approve:  ..... :icon_smile_big:

Sister cars!
I also used this car to bring both my sons home from the hospital in and it was also used in the wedding party of my first marriage (not that that is so big a deal now but still memories...)
Possibly but likely not! It would take a lot of cash as I have a lot of time (owning and restoring) plus about $40000 in bills by the time it will be done!

Tan top you werer asking about mudflaps earlier and this car had them.

1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

lisiecki1

for 25K as it sits, in pieces, being restified, with no motor or trans.

if you want the motor and trans....eh, 32.5K

it's a '73 model original 318 2bbl/904 8.25 rear.....nothing special

so that gives you an idea of how outlandish my "price" is.
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

Neal_J

In a word, yes, for the right price.  Mine's a nicely-restored 318 '69 Charger.  I'm listening if the price is over $25K.   Likely?  No, but that wasn't part of the question.  I have other car projects and other interests. 

At some point, it's just a hunk of metal to me.  Sorry.  Let the flaming posts begin...

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

tan top

Quote from: mopar_nut_440_6 on June 12, 2009, 12:02:39 PM
nope   ;D

Sister cars!
I also used this car to bring both my sons home from the hospital in and it was also used in the wedding party of my first marriage (not that that is so big a deal now but still memories...)
Possibly but likely not! It would take a lot of cash as I have a lot of time (owning and restoring) plus about $40000 in bills by the time it will be done!

:coolgleamA: good picture ... nice charger :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:  , yep i see them mud flaps   :scope:   were they dealer oem stuff  :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: tan top on June 12, 2009, 03:52:54 PM
Quote from: mopar_nut_440_6 on June 12, 2009, 12:02:39 PM
nope   ;D

I am not sure if they were dealer or not but they look as if they could have been!

Sister cars!

:coolgleamA: good picture ... nice charger :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:  , yep i see them mud flaps   :scope:   were they dealer oem stuff  :scratchchin:
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

b5blue

I get asked just about every day...my answer...WHAT WOULD I DRIVE THEN?  :coolgleamA:

Manfred318

I get asked all the time if mines for sale. Most of the time I say no and move on. I will get these ass-hats the want to argue with me after I tell them no so most of the time if that happens I will throw out some random price in the $30k-$50k price range and that usually shuts them up real quick. My Charger is nothing "special" in Charger terms. Its just a base '68 318 car that didnt have any options what so ever, but I wouldnt get rid of it for nothing. Now my '75 Swinger I would sell tomorrow if someone offered me the right price.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.