News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

If you were offered to sell your baby ( Charger ) would you?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 06, 2009, 06:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnumcharger

Quote from: UFO on June 06, 2009, 10:00:08 PM
Quote from: Magnumcharger on June 06, 2009, 09:47:23 PM
Had a similar thing happen the other day. I was driving my truck, with my Charger on the car trailer behind me.
A couple of guys in a pickup rolled up next to me. The guy on my side made that "money" sign by rubbing his fingers together. I shook my head "no".
Then he pulled ahead, then pulled over.
I drove past him, and he pulled out behind me then followed for a few miles. He then pulled along side again, and put his hands together in the "I'm begging you" kind of way...then the money sign, then open hands. Again I shook my head. They roared past, pulling over again.
As I passed him the final time, the driver had his window down and was trying to motion me to pull over.
Which I DID NOT!

Just the latest in a VERY long line of potential buyers!!

Whatza matter, you didn't want to meet some "interesting people"?

Not in QUEBEC!!! :icon_smile_big:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

CB

my answer is yes, ...for the right cash!

I doubt it that I would buy a 2nd gen Charger again so I would look out for a lower value Mopar.

Pic in signature below ;)
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: mikesbbody on June 07, 2009, 02:17:41 AM
Everthing has a price  :Twocents:
Gotta disagree with that.  I had a 57 nomad for 7 years.  For 7 years I was asked if I wanted to sell it by this one person, and for 7 years I said no untill I was ready to move on when I was ready.  I had the same logic back then in 1975.  I can sell it anytime it's a collectable and now is not the time.  The problem with selling this car and buying another is I would miss the SE option and all the power options the car has, because to replace it I would look for a 69 R/T 4 speed car with the basics.

I love that picture of your car CB.  :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Daytona R/T SE

dodgecharger-fan

At one time, I would have said, "no." Emphatically.
However, I'm so upside down on this project, if someone wanted the shell that's being worked on right now and I could get what I've got in to it, I'd say, "yes" and turn around and get another 69 Charger.

However, I know I'd never get what I've got in to it, and I wouldn't settle for anything less unless my situation really forced me to sell... even then, it doesn't makes sense in my mind to lose money when you need money.

The attached picture is probably the best representation of its current state, although some more has been done since this was taken.

bsakal

I don't think anyone would want my Charger right now - see avatar  :smilielol:
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

dodgecharger-fan

Ya never know. The last time my Charger was in about the same state is now, someone offered me (through the guy doing the work) $10K "as it is right now" when they saw the work being done.

If only I had known then what I know now.  :'(

68coronetGLwannabe

I would sell my 70 so I can do the 69. In fact the 70 GL is for sale but nobody calls, maybe the price is to high but thats what its gonna take to sell it.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

autodynamics

1970Moparmann

My 70 RT - probably not.

My 68 Coronet RT Rag, probably. ::)

My 72 you betcha... Look at the for sale ad :2thumbs:

So, as for the topic of "Charger", no can do right now.  May change though when I get my 68 Done. :scratchchin:

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

NYCMille

Simply answer is no... and it has nothing to do with money. It has to do with my history with the car. I've done SO much with and had SO many wonderful experiences because of it that I just couldn't do it. I've been offered big bucks and each time turned them down. Can I build another Charger... sure, but it wouldn't THAT Charger, and that's what counts. Plus, I have a 5 year old nephew who has first dibs on it.  :yesnod:

chargerjy9

everything has a price, but my Charger is paid for and I cant see selling it, Ive had many offers but when they ask me how much would I take I tell them what it was insured for and that usually stops the conversation.  everybody thinks they can get it for 5 k or less, they just dont know...One guy saw my car on line he persisted on my selling it to him, he wouldnt take no for an answer, I just quit answering his emails. it would take at least 2x what it is worth, because to find one and restore it to my Chargers condition and pedigree  and make it worth my time and effort would take that much
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

BrianShaughnessy

Just say no...   as impolitely as possible.  I get tired of talking how much I have into it, what would I sell it for, what's the most I was offered, etc. etc. etc. blah blah blah.  The other week I told some azzclown to just shut the F up about 6 times.

Some chevy guys (my friends included) do not understand the sweat and good times that I've got into it and why I just wouldn't sell it off like the next clown who gets bored with their ride after 2 years.    At least the Ford guys I know are better than that.   

Anyway that's my philosophy.   For those that would bail out... well maybe you just haven't bonded with your cars because they're not done and for some folks...  most likely never will be.   I'm gonna have to fall down the food chain a long way before I pull the plug but so far so good.  :icon_smile_cool:

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

69*F5*SE

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on June 07, 2009, 08:15:14 AM
At one time, I would have said, "no." Emphatically.
However, I'm so upside down on this project, if someone wanted the shell that's being worked on right now and I could get what I've got in to it, I'd say, "yes" and turn around and get another 69 Charger.

However, I know I'd never get what I've got in to it, and I wouldn't settle for anything less unless my situation really forced me to sell... even then, it doesn't makes sense in my mind to lose money when you need money.

:iagree:

MoparManJim

R6red4spd69RT

I've had mine for 20 years now and it's been restored for 10 so there's some history with this car.

I was tempted last year but came to my senses and realized I would probably not own another muscle car if I did sell it because anything else for me would be less than what I've got.

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: autodynamics on June 07, 2009, 11:02:33 AM
i would take 150k for mine

But your car is easily worth that Pete     :yesnod:     If I was to sell mine when she is done (I've already been asked) I said $100K -
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Sublime/Sixpack

I had my Charger at a show one day and a guy approached me about buying it. I told him no I wasn't interested in selling it, and I doubted that I ever would be. He said come on, everything has its price! I told him that it wasn't a matter of money, period. He just didn't get it! I doubt that this guy has ever connected with a car of his own, maybe because he has always bought them restored, who knows. :shruggy:
Some cars just can't be replaced not only because of their rarity, but because of the memories created while owning and driving them, and the connection that some of us feel with the car after investing blood, sweat and tears, as well as considerable expense in restoring them. :Twocents:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

tan top

Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on June 07, 2009, 03:15:49 PM
I had my Charger at a show one day and a guy approached me about buying it. I told him no I wasn't interested in selling it, and I doubted that I ever would be. He said come on, everything has its price! I told him that it wasn't a matter of money, period. He just didn't get it! I doubt that this guy has ever connected with a car of his own, maybe because he has always bought them restored, who knows. :shruggy:
Some cars just can't be replaced not only because of their rarity, but because of the memories created while owning and driving them, and the connection that some of us feel with the car after investing blood, sweat and tears, as well as considerable expense in restoring them. :Twocents:

true  :yesnod: :yesnod: :icon_smile_approve:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

maxwellwedge

Quote from: 69_500 on June 07, 2009, 12:30:57 AM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 06, 2009, 10:26:22 PM
I have cars that would only be available at my "Estate Sale" and others, for a stupid amount would have the buyer having just a bloody stump left where he was holding the money.  :icon_smile_big:

Then I would buy a couple more with the proceeds.  :yesnod:

Any way to get an invitation to this Estate Sale when it happens? I couldn't afford anything, but there are a few of them that I would want to find out where they wind up.

As far as my car goes, it is always for sale if its enough to get me into a project Daytona.

Well - If it's my Estate Sale that would mean I kicked.....OK - I'll give you a standing invite now....  :lol:

Green71R/T

I was at a show a few years ago and someone expressed interest in buying my charger.I gave him an outragous price and my then 13 year old daughter informed me that the car was going to be hers.So I guess it is not for sale.

HollyWoodCharger

I sold my Original one in April of 2001, and I wish I never did now....

My recently acquired Charger will be Light Years beyond what it was in a couple of years...

Brock Samson

Yep, that is one of the most often heard comments folks tell me,..
(after they say My dad. brother, uncle, cousin friend or whomever... had one just like that!)  I hear -

"I wish we had never gotten rid of it, sold it, crashed it, traded it in on an Omni"....