News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

If you were offered to sell your baby ( Charger ) would you?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 06, 2009, 06:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

I was at a stop light today when a guy in a new pick up truck pulled up to me and said, would you be interested in selling your Charger?  I said no thanks.  He said , come on everyone has a price.  I said No, I'm happy with it and took off.  If I was approached at a show it may of been different, but with a few seconds to answer the answer is no.  I still have things I want to complete in the car and I love owning it.  But had I had the time to explain what needs to be finished and he still said I'll give you 50,000.00 ( Yes, that is what it would take ) I may think harder about it.  I would spend 25,000.00 on another Charger and restore it like this one , and then have siding done to the house with the other 25,000.00

What would you do if someone offered you the magic number?
I have no regrets saying no thanks as my logic is it will always be valuable and wanted by someone with loot.  So for now I plan on continuing to enjoy it.  I worked to hard to pass it up.  But 50,000.00!  :scratchchin:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

General_01

When I drove the Bee alot about 15-18 years ago, I had a guy at a stoplight ask me. I said no. He kept bugging me. I flashed him all 10 fingers for $10,000. He shook his head no so I shrugged my shoulders and said "Sorry, that's what it will take" and drove away. It would take a bit more than that today to do it. Probably alot more than the car is worth, but if someone offered me my number I would probably do it.

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

tan top

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 06, 2009, 06:35:08 PM
Quote from: tan top on June 06, 2009, 06:32:26 PM
nope   ;D
How about everyone posting a picture of their " nope " or " yep " car?

:thumbs:   still nope :icon_smile_approve:  ..... :icon_smile_big:

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Chad L. Magee

The simple answer is: No, money alone will not buy them (I have to have a better replacement in place before that would be possible).  I usually tell them that after years of collecting, I only have Chargers that I intend on keeping.  But if they are nice in asking, I try to give them hints to help lead them in the way of finding their own...
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Charger-Bodie

Yes! Everything I own has a price except my wife and kids(which I obviously dont own)......ask me again tommorrow about the wife , that's subject to change.

PS Youve seen enough pics of my Charger. :nana:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Just 6T9 CHGR

I had mine sold in '05 for 50k to a guy in CA....went as far as opening  a separate account for the money transfer....guy backed out at the last minute....thankfully so ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

UFO

Quote from: Khyron on June 06, 2009, 07:56:26 PM
Depends how much is offered.

I thought that too.
Even thou the head said sell,the heart said no.

Magnumcharger

Had a similar thing happen the other day. I was driving my truck, with my Charger on the car trailer behind me.
A couple of guys in a pickup rolled up next to me. The guy on my side made that "money" sign by rubbing his fingers together. I shook my head "no".
Then he pulled ahead, then pulled over.
I drove past him, and he pulled out behind me then followed for a few miles. He then pulled along side again, and put his hands together in the "I'm begging you" kind of way...then the money sign, then open hands. Again I shook my head. They roared past, pulling over again.
As I passed him the final time, the driver had his window down and was trying to motion me to pull over.
Which I DID NOT!

Just the latest in a VERY long line of potential buyers!!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

UFO

Quote from: Magnumcharger on June 06, 2009, 09:47:23 PM
Had a similar thing happen the other day. I was driving my truck, with my Charger on the car trailer behind me.
A couple of guys in a pickup rolled up next to me. The guy on my side made that "money" sign by rubbing his fingers together. I shook my head "no".
Then he pulled ahead, then pulled over.
I drove past him, and he pulled out behind me then followed for a few miles. He then pulled along side again, and put his hands together in the "I'm begging you" kind of way...then the money sign, then open hands. Again I shook my head. They roared past, pulling over again.
As I passed him the final time, the driver had his window down and was trying to motion me to pull over.
Which I DID NOT!

Just the latest in a VERY long line of potential buyers!!

Whatza matter, you didn't want to meet some "interesting people"?

Brock Samson

i have alot of guys impulsivly offer to buy it,.. then get a wide eyed expression when i say the dollor amount it would take...
                       :o
  I've related alot of these encounters over the years here,.. but i havent had any offers in the last year...
I suspect the economy being depressed has alot to do with it...
And of course the Battle Star is up for sale at $16K.. alot of folks want pictures but noone has called back...  :shruggy:

hotrod98

Bottom line is they don't want to buy your car, they want to steal it. I get tired of idiots that think that you're an ass if you say no and an idiot if you actually want what it's worth. I always say "no, I like driving the car and I don't need the money so what would be the point of selling it".  Since I started driving the 69 runner with the wing on it every day, I get this on almost a daily basis.
And, when they ask me what I think it's worth, I tell them that I've seen Superbirds go for six figures before at Barrett-Jackson. That usually shuts them up. Obviously they have no clue that my car is not a Superbird, I didn't say that my car was a Superbird, so what harm has been done?  :icon_smile_big:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlackDodge

My Charger is not near as nice as some of you guys.....................which is why I get all the yahoo's who think they buy my car for a couple hundred bucks. A drivbale Charger for 500 bucks.........  :rotz:

One time I was offered a 'thousand' for it...........wow. :icon_smile_big:

I usaully tell them to make me a 'insane offer' I can't refuse...........they never do.

BBD

maxwellwedge

I have cars that would only be available at my "Estate Sale" and others, for a stupid amount would have the buyer having just a bloody stump left where he was holding the money.  :icon_smile_big:

Then I would buy a couple more with the proceeds.  :yesnod:

Silver R/T

Im sure everyone would sell at certain price....just to buy ANOTHER Charger
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

I made the mistake once of selling without another car to take the place and I wouldn't do it again.  If someone made an insanely stupid offer I would of course but not just to some joker cold calling me on the street.  And it isn't that I like the car so much I would never part with it, it's just that I have to have that other rise in place first and then I will be the one who presents it for sale.
So my answer is a qualified yes or a qualified no depending on how you look at it.

69bronzeT5

I'd never sell any of my cars especially the Charger or Duster...why? The sentimental value is worth more than any amount of money to me :)

Rob, I'd say keep your car. You've put way too much work into it and you finally have it where you want it, why sell. :Twocents:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

MoparManJim

Well, my car has a price tag on it but it is way way up there though :D , if you want to know.. I think you should be settin down in a nice chair, maybe have some fans on as well because you might need them.  :lol: plus maybe a nurse standing by. 

Rolling_Thunder

I would sell mine with no problem...      would be a high number though    :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

69_500

Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 06, 2009, 10:26:22 PM
I have cars that would only be available at my "Estate Sale" and others, for a stupid amount would have the buyer having just a bloody stump left where he was holding the money.  :icon_smile_big:

Then I would buy a couple more with the proceeds.  :yesnod:

Any way to get an invitation to this Estate Sale when it happens? I couldn't afford anything, but there are a few of them that I would want to find out where they wind up.

As far as my car goes, it is always for sale if its enough to get me into a project Daytona.

Belgium R/T -68

I would never sell mine when it's finished because nobody overhere ( a few exceptions but they don't buy restored cars) understands
the costs of a FULL restoration. I think if I wanted to sell it I should try to sell it back to US.
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

BROCK

I finished up college in this ol original 70 A35 Special Edition R/T oh 25 years ago. 
If I had a dollar for every person that wanted to buy it.........

Perhaps I'm rude (dunno) cause nobody has ever actually thrown out a $$
amount. :rofl:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world