News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

If you were offered to sell your baby ( Charger ) would you?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 06, 2009, 06:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

I was at a stop light today when a guy in a new pick up truck pulled up to me and said, would you be interested in selling your Charger?  I said no thanks.  He said , come on everyone has a price.  I said No, I'm happy with it and took off.  If I was approached at a show it may of been different, but with a few seconds to answer the answer is no.  I still have things I want to complete in the car and I love owning it.  But had I had the time to explain what needs to be finished and he still said I'll give you 50,000.00 ( Yes, that is what it would take ) I may think harder about it.  I would spend 25,000.00 on another Charger and restore it like this one , and then have siding done to the house with the other 25,000.00

What would you do if someone offered you the magic number?
I have no regrets saying no thanks as my logic is it will always be valuable and wanted by someone with loot.  So for now I plan on continuing to enjoy it.  I worked to hard to pass it up.  But 50,000.00!  :scratchchin:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

General_01

When I drove the Bee alot about 15-18 years ago, I had a guy at a stoplight ask me. I said no. He kept bugging me. I flashed him all 10 fingers for $10,000. He shook his head no so I shrugged my shoulders and said "Sorry, that's what it will take" and drove away. It would take a bit more than that today to do it. Probably alot more than the car is worth, but if someone offered me my number I would probably do it.

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

tan top

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 06, 2009, 06:35:08 PM
Quote from: tan top on June 06, 2009, 06:32:26 PM
nope   ;D
How about everyone posting a picture of their " nope " or " yep " car?

:thumbs:   still nope :icon_smile_approve:  ..... :icon_smile_big:

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 

Chad L. Magee

The simple answer is: No, money alone will not buy them (I have to have a better replacement in place before that would be possible).  I usually tell them that after years of collecting, I only have Chargers that I intend on keeping.  But if they are nice in asking, I try to give them hints to help lead them in the way of finding their own...
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Charger-Bodie

Yes! Everything I own has a price except my wife and kids(which I obviously dont own)......ask me again tommorrow about the wife , that's subject to change.

PS Youve seen enough pics of my Charger. :nana:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Just 6T9 CHGR

I had mine sold in '05 for 50k to a guy in CA....went as far as opening  a separate account for the money transfer....guy backed out at the last minute....thankfully so ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

UFO

Quote from: Khyron on June 06, 2009, 07:56:26 PM
Depends how much is offered.

I thought that too.
Even thou the head said sell,the heart said no.

Magnumcharger

Had a similar thing happen the other day. I was driving my truck, with my Charger on the car trailer behind me.
A couple of guys in a pickup rolled up next to me. The guy on my side made that "money" sign by rubbing his fingers together. I shook my head "no".
Then he pulled ahead, then pulled over.
I drove past him, and he pulled out behind me then followed for a few miles. He then pulled along side again, and put his hands together in the "I'm begging you" kind of way...then the money sign, then open hands. Again I shook my head. They roared past, pulling over again.
As I passed him the final time, the driver had his window down and was trying to motion me to pull over.
Which I DID NOT!

Just the latest in a VERY long line of potential buyers!!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

UFO

Quote from: Magnumcharger on June 06, 2009, 09:47:23 PM
Had a similar thing happen the other day. I was driving my truck, with my Charger on the car trailer behind me.
A couple of guys in a pickup rolled up next to me. The guy on my side made that "money" sign by rubbing his fingers together. I shook my head "no".
I drove past him, and he pulled out behind me then followed for a few miles. He then pulled along side again, and put his hands together in the "I'm begging you" kind of way...then the money sign, then open hands. Again I shook my head. They roared past, pulling over again.
As I passed him the final time, the driver had his window down and was trying to motion me to pull over.
Which I DID NOT!

Whatza matter, you didn't want to meet some "interesting people"?

Brock Samson

i have alot of guys impulsivly offer to buy it,.. then get a wide eyed expression when i say the dollor amount it would take...
                       :o
  I've related alot of these encounters over the years here,.. but i havent had any offers in the last year...
I suspect the economy being depressed has alot to do with it...
And of course the Battle Star is up for sale at $16K.. alot of folks want pictures but noone has called back...  :shruggy:

hotrod98

Bottom line is they don't want to buy your car, they want to steal it. I get tired of idiots that think that you're an ass if you say no and an idiot if you actually want what it's worth. I always say "no, I like driving the car and I don't need the money so what would be the point of selling it".  Since I started driving the 69 runner with the wing on it every day, I get this on almost a daily basis.
And, when they ask me what I think it's worth, I tell them that I've seen Superbirds go for six figures before at Barrett-Jackson. That usually shuts them up. Obviously they have no clue that my car is not a Superbird, I didn't say that my car was a Superbird, so what harm has been done?  :icon_smile_big:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlackDodge

My Charger is not near as nice as some of you guys.....................which is why I get all the yahoo's who think they buy my car for a couple hundred bucks. A drivbale Charger for 500 bucks.........  :rotz:

One time I was offered a 'thousand' for it...........wow. :icon_smile_big:

I usaully tell them to make me a 'insane offer' I can't refuse...........they never do.

BBD

maxwellwedge

I have cars that would only be available at my "Estate Sale" and others, for a stupid amount would have the buyer having just a bloody stump left where he was holding the money.  :icon_smile_big:

Then I would buy a couple more with the proceeds.  :yesnod:

Silver R/T

Im sure everyone would sell at certain price....just to buy ANOTHER Charger
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

I made the mistake once of selling without another car to take the place and I wouldn't do it again.  If someone made an insanely stupid offer I would of course but not just to some joker cold calling me on the street.  And it isn't that I like the car so much I would never part with it, it's just that I have to have that other rise in place first and then I will be the one who presents it for sale.
So my answer is a qualified yes or a qualified no depending on how you look at it.

69bronzeT5

I'd never sell any of my cars especially the Charger or Duster...why? The sentimental value is worth more than any amount of money to me :)

Rob, I'd say keep your car. You've put way too much work into it and you finally have it where you want it, why sell. :Twocents:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

MoparManJim

Well, my car has a price tag on it but it is way way up there though :D , if you want to know.. I think you should be settin down in a nice chair, maybe have some fans on as well because you might need them.  :lol: plus maybe a nurse standing by. 

Rolling_Thunder

I would sell mine with no problem...      would be a high number though    :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

69_500

Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 06, 2009, 10:26:22 PM
I have cars that would only be available at my "Estate Sale" and others, for a stupid amount would have the buyer having just a bloody stump left where he was holding the money.  :icon_smile_big:

Any way to get an invitation to this Estate Sale when it happens? I couldn't afford anything, but there are a few of them that I would want to find out where they wind up.

As far as my car goes, it is always for sale if its enough to get me into a project Daytona.

Belgium R/T -68

I would never sell mine when it's finished because nobody overhere ( a few exceptions but they don't buy restored cars) understands
the costs of a FULL restoration. I think if I wanted to sell it I should try to sell it back to US.
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

BROCK

I finished up college in this ol original 70 A35 Special Edition R/T oh 25 years ago. 
If I had a dollar for every person that wanted to buy it.........

Perhaps I'm rude (dunno) cause nobody has ever actually thrown out a $$
amount. :rofl:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Magnumcharger

Quote from: UFO on June 06, 2009, 10:00:08 PM
Quote from: Magnumcharger on June 06, 2009, 09:47:23 PM
Which I DID NOT!

Whatza matter, you didn't want to meet some "interesting people"?

Not in QUEBEC!!! :icon_smile_big:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

CB

my answer is yes, ...for the right cash!

I doubt it that I would buy a 2nd gen Charger again so I would look out for a lower value Mopar.

Pic in signature below ;)
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: mikesbbody on June 07, 2009, 02:17:41 AM
Everthing has a price  :Twocents:
Gotta disagree with that.  I had a 57 nomad for 7 years.  For 7 years I was asked if I wanted to sell it by this one person, and for 7 years I said no untill I was ready to move on when I was ready.  I had the same logic back then in 1975.  I can sell it anytime it's a collectable and now is not the time.  The problem with selling this car and buying another is I would miss the SE option and all the power options the car has, because to replace it I would look for a 69 R/T 4 speed car with the basics.

I love that picture of your car CB.  :2thumbs:

Daytona R/T SE

dodgecharger-fan

At one time, I would have said, "no." Emphatically.
However, I'm so upside down on this project, if someone wanted the shell that's being worked on right now and I could get what I've got in to it, I'd say, "yes" and turn around and get another 69 Charger.

However, I know I'd never get what I've got in to it, and I wouldn't settle for anything less unless my situation really forced me to sell... even then, it doesn't makes sense in my mind to lose money when you need money.

The attached picture is probably the best representation of its current state, although some more has been done since this was taken.

bsakal

I don't think anyone would want my Charger right now - see avatar  :smilielol:
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

dodgecharger-fan

Ya never know. The last time my Charger was in about the same state is now, someone offered me (through the guy doing the work) $10K "as it is right now" when they saw the work being done.

If only I had known then what I know now.  :'(

68coronetGLwannabe

I would sell my 70 so I can do the 69. In fact the 70 GL is for sale but nobody calls, maybe the price is to high but thats what its gonna take to sell it.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

autodynamics

1970Moparmann

My 70 RT - probably not.

My 68 Coronet RT Rag, probably. ::)

My 72 you betcha... Look at the for sale ad :2thumbs:

So, as for the topic of "Charger", no can do right now.  May change though when I get my 68 Done. :scratchchin:

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

NYCMille

Simply answer is no... and it has nothing to do with money. It has to do with my history with the car. I've done SO much with and had SO many wonderful experiences because of it that I just couldn't do it. I've been offered big bucks and each time turned them down. Can I build another Charger... sure, but it wouldn't THAT Charger, and that's what counts. Plus, I have a 5 year old nephew who has first dibs on it.  :yesnod:

chargerjy9

everything has a price, but my Charger is paid for and I cant see selling it, Ive had many offers but when they ask me how much would I take I tell them what it was insured for and that usually stops the conversation.  everybody thinks they can get it for 5 k or less, they just dont know...One guy saw my car on line he persisted on my selling it to him, he wouldnt take no for an answer, I just quit answering his emails. it would take at least 2x what it is worth, because to find one and restore it to my Chargers condition and pedigree  and make it worth my time and effort would take that much
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

BrianShaughnessy

Just say no...   as impolitely as possible.  I get tired of talking how much I have into it, what would I sell it for, what's the most I was offered, etc. etc. etc. blah blah blah.  The other week I told some azzclown to just shut the F up about 6 times.

Some chevy guys (my friends included) do not understand the sweat and good times that I've got into it and why I just wouldn't sell it off like the next clown who gets bored with their ride after 2 years.    At least the Ford guys I know are better than that.   

Anyway that's my philosophy.   For those that would bail out... well maybe you just haven't bonded with your cars because they're not done and for some folks...  most likely never will be.   I'm gonna have to fall down the food chain a long way before I pull the plug but so far so good.  :icon_smile_cool:

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

69*F5*SE

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on June 07, 2009, 08:15:14 AM
At one time, I would have said, "no." Emphatically.
However, I'm so upside down on this project, if someone wanted the shell that's being worked on right now and I could get what I've got in to it, I'd say, "yes" and turn around and get another 69 Charger.

However, I know I'd never get what I've got in to it, and I wouldn't settle for anything less unless my situation really forced me to sell... even then, it doesn't makes sense in my mind to lose money when you need money.

:iagree:

MoparManJim

R6red4spd69RT

I've had mine for 20 years now and it's been restored for 10 so there's some history with this car.

I was tempted last year but came to my senses and realized I would probably not own another muscle car if I did sell it because anything else for me would be less than what I've got.

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: autodynamics on June 07, 2009, 11:02:33 AM
i would take 150k for mine

But your car is easily worth that Pete     :yesnod:     If I was to sell mine when she is done (I've already been asked) I said $100K -
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Sublime/Sixpack

I had my Charger at a show one day and a guy approached me about buying it. I told him no I wasn't interested in selling it, and I doubted that I ever would be. He said come on, everything has its price! I told him that it wasn't a matter of money, period. He just didn't get it! I doubt that this guy has ever connected with a car of his own, maybe because he has always bought them restored, who knows. :shruggy:
Some cars just can't be replaced not only because of their rarity, but because of the memories created while owning and driving them, and the connection that some of us feel with the car after investing blood, sweat and tears, as well as considerable expense in restoring them. :Twocents:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

tan top

Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on June 07, 2009, 03:15:49 PM
I had my Charger at a show one day and a guy approached me about buying it. I told him no I wasn't interested in selling it, and I doubted that I ever would be. He said come on, everything has its price! I told him that it wasn't a matter of money, period. He just didn't get it! I doubt that this guy has ever connected with a car of his own, maybe because he has always bought them restored, who knows. :shruggy:
Some cars just can't be replaced not only because of their rarity, but because of the memories created while owning and driving them, and the connection that some of us feel with the car after investing blood, sweat and tears, as well as considerable expense in restoring them. :Twocents:

true  :yesnod: :yesnod: :icon_smile_approve:

Charger Stuff 

maxwellwedge

Quote from: 69_500 on June 07, 2009, 12:30:57 AM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 06, 2009, 10:26:22 PM

Any way to get an invitation to this Estate Sale when it happens? I couldn't afford anything, but there are a few of them that I would want to find out where they wind up.

As far as my car goes, it is always for sale if its enough to get me into a project Daytona.

Well - If it's my Estate Sale that would mean I kicked.....OK - I'll give you a standing invite now....  :lol:

Green71R/T

I was at a show a few years ago and someone expressed interest in buying my charger.I gave him an outragous price and my then 13 year old daughter informed me that the car was going to be hers.So I guess it is not for sale.

HollyWoodCharger

I sold my Original one in April of 2001, and I wish I never did now....

My recently acquired Charger will be Light Years beyond what it was in a couple of years...

Brock Samson

Yep, that is one of the most often heard comments folks tell me,..
(after they say My dad. brother, uncle, cousin friend or whomever... had one just like that!)  I hear -

"I wish we had never gotten rid of it, sold it, crashed it, traded it in on an Omni"....

68charger383

I think when someone walks up to a classic, it's almost a part of the conversation that they ask if it's for sale and then how much.

I'd sell for the right price-more than it's worth.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

mikesbbody

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 07, 2009, 05:33:35 AM
Quote from: mikesbbody on June 07, 2009, 02:17:41 AM
Everthing has a price  :Twocents:
Gotta disagree with that. 

Not even if someone offered you the kind of $ that would buy 5-10 cars? its nice to say "Id never sell" but I think there's a point where most of us would  :Twocents: (key word being "most")

Supercharged Riot

Yes.

I'd sell for at least 10 times more than what its worth....then Id buy more Chargers for that money.  :icon_smile_big:

Mike DC

I just hate it when guys get all indignant & act like you OWE it to them sell the car any time somebody offers you the car's value. 

As if the entire world of vintage cars is operating in some giant "Claimer class" or something. 

bull

TheGhost

Never say never.

I thought I would never sell my Barracuda.

Now I'm Mopar-less.

Although, I miss the hell out of that car...
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

WM23N1G1

I'd say Yes, she deserves a better owner than me...  :'(

dads_69

I've owned over 44 mopars to date, half of them were chargers, 2nd gen style. I only miss one of them, '69 SE 383 car my dad bought me when I was 14 for my birthday.
It's in Seattle area now somewhere but I can't find it still.
All I'm going to say is, don't do something you'll regret later on in life, even though we all do things like so everyday. Sure, a car is just a material item, but theres something to be said for sentimental value, and money can't put a price on that IMO.
Best quote I ever heard from my dad that I never listend to is: Never fall in love w/a car, to bad I didn't listen and keep the car he bought me at age 14 now w/o him knowing years later how much I'd miss him and the car.
That's my  :Twocents:

Mark

P.S. No, I don't own a mopar right now. There was  thread a few months back asking *if you didn't own a charger would you still come here*. I answered: yes.
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

kcederwall08

I'd say yes. As long as the price it sells for is greater than the amount of money that has been put into it.

My car has a lot of sentimental value, and lots of hard work has been put into it, but it is very difficult to put a price on that. I think about this fairly often, and how much I would actually sell the car for. But so far no one has made any offers that would be worth considering, so I don't think I have to worry about it too much.

For reference my car is the one in my signature.

RAC95054

There is a price for everything, I believe.  I'm thinking of at least 50% over what it would get on the regular market.  A nice R/T SE 4-speed goes for what these days?  $40K?  More?  So at least $60K.  Not that I wouldn't miss it, but I think I could replace it with something else nice with $60K.  :yesnod:
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

richRTSE

If I really was desperate for money I'd sell. I've had a few people ask me to sell. Just last month at the gas station a guy asked if it was for sale. I told him no, but he insisted on asking me to name a price. I said I'd never really thought about it, and he said "What if I offered you $40k for it?" So I said I guess I'd have to think about it. He gave me his number, and I added it to the 3 or 4 other numbers I have in case I ever do decide to sell. For now, I'll just keep enjoying it, and hopefully I never really need the money.

hemi68charger

Everything has a price, but by the same token, do you want to be without? I would maybe search for something that you would prefer over this one, i.e, 4-speed versus auto, color combination,, year model, etc........ Then, if you find something and he's willing to wait,, go for it.

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

73chgrSE

I couldn't sell it unless it was a life emergency or something. Too much sentimental value. I've been offered alot more than i thought these cars were worth, and turned it down both times. I hope I'm never in a position where i have to sell it.

UFO

Quote from: 73chgrSE on June 10, 2009, 01:56:45 PM
Too much sentimental value.

Exactly why I didn't let mine go.Maybe if the plan at the beginning was to restore it then let it go for a profit.

chargerboy69

I would take the money and run if you even are thinking of selling it.  I am looking for another 69 and $50,000.00 for your car is real good money right now, real good.  I have seen several very nice RT/SE cars getting $24000.00-$37,000.00 on E-Bay. If the guy is stupid enough to pay that much, I would take it.  In todays market you could probably find two nice ones for $50,000.00.

This guy here has listed this RT/SE a few times, and can not get a opening bid for $34,000.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Charger-R-T-SE-77k-miles-s-matching-Docs-Rare_W0QQitemZ140325557003QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item20ac0e130b&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12|39%3A1|72%3A317|240%3A1308
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Dodge Don

I suppose we all deal with this.

I have no intention of selling mine. I plan on keeping her forever. I've got too many years of my life invested in her and there is defintely a connection.

I've had a couple of guys driving by stop when they see me out in the garage (when the shell was there). They'd chat and ask questions and when they understood the level of the restoration I was doing they would eventually ask how much I'd sell it for when it was done. I reply that it's not going to be for sale but they always pull out the "everything has it's price" statement. I tell them $90k US. The look on their faces is priceless...."90k! Holy S*#t".......well, I'm the guy WITH the Charger aren't I?

Given how much I have invested in my Charger I'm going to bump up my "Everything has it's price" amount to $110k.

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: tan top on June 06, 2009, 07:19:00 PM
nope   ;D

Sister cars!
I also used this car to bring both my sons home from the hospital in and it was also used in the wedding party of my first marriage (not that that is so big a deal now but still memories...)
Possibly but likely not! It would take a lot of cash as I have a lot of time (owning and restoring) plus about $40000 in bills by the time it will be done!

Tan top you werer asking about mudflaps earlier and this car had them.

1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

lisiecki1

for 25K as it sits, in pieces, being restified, with no motor or trans.

if you want the motor and trans....eh, 32.5K

it's a '73 model original 318 2bbl/904 8.25 rear.....nothing special

so that gives you an idea of how outlandish my "price" is.
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

Neal_J

In a word, yes, for the right price.  Mine's a nicely-restored 318 '69 Charger.  I'm listening if the price is over $25K.   Likely?  No, but that wasn't part of the question.  I have other car projects and other interests. 

At some point, it's just a hunk of metal to me.  Sorry.  Let the flaming posts begin...

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

tan top

Quote from: mopar_nut_440_6 on June 12, 2009, 12:02:39 PM
nope   ;D

Sister cars!
I also used this car to bring both my sons home from the hospital in and it was also used in the wedding party of my first marriage (not that that is so big a deal now but still memories...)
Possibly but likely not! It would take a lot of cash as I have a lot of time (owning and restoring) plus about $40000 in bills by the time it will be done!

:coolgleamA: good picture ... nice charger :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:  , yep i see them mud flaps   :scope:   were they dealer oem stuff  :scratchchin:

Charger Stuff 

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: tan top on June 12, 2009, 03:52:54 PM
Quote from: mopar_nut_440_6 on June 12, 2009, 12:02:39 PM
nope   ;D

I am not sure if they were dealer or not but they look as if they could have been!

Sister cars!

:coolgleamA: good picture ... nice charger :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:  , yep i see them mud flaps   :scope:   were they dealer oem stuff  :scratchchin:
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

b5blue

I get asked just about every day...my answer...WHAT WOULD I DRIVE THEN?  :coolgleamA:

Manfred318

I get asked all the time if mines for sale. Most of the time I say no and move on. I will get these ass-hats the want to argue with me after I tell them no so most of the time if that happens I will throw out some random price in the $30k-$50k price range and that usually shuts them up real quick. My Charger is nothing "special" in Charger terms. Its just a base '68 318 car that didnt have any options what so ever, but I wouldnt get rid of it for nothing. Now my '75 Swinger I would sell tomorrow if someone offered me the right price.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

69_500

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 12, 2009, 03:21:04 PM
Yes  :yesnod:  Give me enough money and its all yours!

So ho much is enough for that nice /6 car you have Paul? I'll make it easy on ya and offer ya $10 and I'll even come pick up the turd car. JK.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69_500 on June 13, 2009, 07:42:28 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on June 12, 2009, 03:21:04 PM
Yes  :yesnod:  Give me enough money and its all yours!

So ho much is enough for that nice /6 car you have Paul? I'll make it easy on ya and offer ya $10 and I'll even come pick up the turd car. JK.

No way, i'm keeping the hillside hemi if the car sold.  Too much emotional attachment.   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

crusty440

I was at a small car show in ca., a guy came up and asked me if I'd sell my 69 R/TSE.  After looking over the car for awhile he asked me to name my price, I thru out a number, 45000.00.  He then asked for my phone no. and said he'd be in touch.  After 4 months he called back and I couldn't do it.  Come on, how often do you come across a car like this.