News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Clutch Question....UPDATE LOOK

Started by jaak, May 23, 2009, 12:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaak

Im new to the world of mopar 4-speeds... so here's my problem, My car has been running driving good with no problems, took it for a spin today, and all of a sudden the clutch got real hard to push in (the pedal) so I get it home, and now it will not go into any gear, and takes alot of effort to get clutch pedal to floor. (It feels like something is "Binding").
What could be the culprit? I tried adjusting on the linkage a little (rod that goes from z-bar to fork) still no luck.
By the way its a 73 Charger with a 360.
Any help/advise greatly appreciated.

Jason

John_Kunkel

Remove the dust cover from the bottom of the bellhousing and have someone sit in the car and operate the clutch pedal while you observe the pressure plate, could have broken a finger pivot bolt. Check to see that all of the pressure plate fingers contact the throwout bearing evenly.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

jaak

Well finally got it all apart, think I found the culprit, would this cause the Hard Pedal I described?

Also I noticed my bellhousing is cracked, is it repairable?

Jason

Chryco Psycho

Cool Pix
Yes that would cause the problem , yet another reason I do not buy over priced C force clutches
if the bel is alum & it looks like it is it can be welded or Brewers has new ones for $299

jaak

Thanks John_Kunkel  and Chryco Psycho

Jason