News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Idle speed for '69 HP 383 4bbl.....>>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, June 06, 2009, 09:24:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny SixPack

Wasn't sure if the HP 383s are set differently than the non-HP 383s so figured I'd add that info.

Also, it's a 727 car.

Right now it's @ 1300 RPM when in park/neutral, 800 RPM in drive with the brakes applied.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Ghoste

Factory spec is 1700 fast and 650 normal.

maxwellwedge

You should have added the link for the new motor and trans mounts.  :lol:

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Ghoste

Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 06, 2009, 11:40:11 AM

:lol:   Yeah, I didn't say it was where I would set it, just that it was the factory spec.  My own is about 1000 in neutral and 750 in drive. (which isn't right either but it seems to be where it runs best)

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Ghoste on June 07, 2009, 10:04:21 AM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 06, 2009, 11:40:11 AM

:lol:   Yeah, I didn't say it was where I would set it, just that it was the factory spec.  My own is about 1000 in neutral and 750 in drive. (which isn't right either but it seems to be where it runs best)

I turned it down to 1100/neutral 800-ish/drive.

Seems to run well, but the car shakes like an unbalanced washing machine.

I know that's an exaggeration, but there's definitely been an increase in vibration.
Johnny's Herd:

Ghoste

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Ghoste on June 07, 2009, 10:55:46 AM
Stock cam?

Pretty sure it's not.

Previous owner added it, so don't know the specs.

A buddy said it might be a MoPar purple shaft?

Johnny's Herd:

Ghoste

If it's a Purple Shaft then a lopey idle is something you'll have to live with.