News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bulge Hood

Started by Purple440, June 05, 2009, 07:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple440

A friend of a friend said he can sand and paint our bulge hood ('71 charger) for $750.  Is that a reasonable price?  It needs some sand blasting underneath but it's find on the surface.

- Doug

hemi-hampton

Does that include any black out in bulge? Any Body work like bondo or heavy duty priming & blocking or just a scuff & paint blow & go? Single stage or BC/CC?  LEON.

BROCK

$5000 for the whole car to be painted is typical these days.  I do agree that the blackout
should be included though.

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Purple440

No black out, it'll be one solid color.  There is some rust on the bottom so he'll have to do some sanding, but overall it's in descent shape.  I don't think any/much bondo will be needed. He has to strip the current paint.

hemi-hampton

Might sound about right but many variables, Like is paint included & is it getting wet sanded & rubbed, ect, ect. I just had a Friend with a 71 RT Charger ask me how much to paint his black Ram Truck hood since all the paint is flaking off. I give him the buddy discount & tell him $200 but tell him no paint materials included or rubbing. I dont hear back from him after a month goes by because I know the tightwad figured $200 was way to much. So I tell him I can give him a low budget job for a lousy $50 & he say's this sounds more like it but wants to know if I'm including the paint for that Price. :RantExplode: :brickwall: Yeah, I'm suppose to buy $100+ worth of paint, cash out of my Pocket, Spend hours sanding flaking paint, Then Paint. Then collect the big $50 for my time & effort & paint :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :brickwall: :brickwall:  LEON.

Purple440

No problem on the estimate LEON, it's too hard to tell without seeing it.  I lied, there actually is that black part on the bulge that he's removing.  It will be solid purple like the rest of the car.  I guess he has to sandblast the bottom because of all the rust, but there are no holes in it.

$50 - $100 = um...-$50   And he was serious?  :brickwall:

- Doug

hemi-hampton

I never told him how much the paint was. Plus paint cost depends on if you go with Base coat clear coat or cheap omni, shop line, nasson, single stage. I was going to go the cheap single stage route. Most people have no Idea how much paint is or materials. I like to let them buy it, Then they can see. LEON.