News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART - MY STOLEN 69 RT

Started by 70 Charger RT, June 04, 2009, 08:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparManJim

If it was me and I find out who ever the dirt bags was that did that,  :flame: I would find out what kind of vehicle they drive and some how in the middle of the night it would catch on fire  :scratchchin: 

But why they didn't strip it of it's parts for? well something is leading me to think they are ricer people and have no idea what the parts was worth. 2) they was stupid. 3) They was scared that maybe someone would recognize the parts and who they belong to.

Hemidoug

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on June 05, 2009, 05:36:05 PM
Quote from: Hemidoug on June 05, 2009, 10:45:29 AM
Quote from: TUFCAT on June 05, 2009, 09:58:38 AM
Very sad.  :'(

From the way it looked (completely burned) those low-life punks probably dumped $10 worth of gas on the car... THAT FIRE MUST HAVE BEEN EXTREME!

I guess they must have been prepaired......I know I don't carry around that much fuel in my back pocket..... :scratchchin:

Ha :iagree:

I have done....err....seen things like that done here in NYC lots of times....  :D :scratchchin:

The east side highway can be murder..... :o car fires all the time....
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

skip68

How did they hot wire the car ?   Maybe the fire was because of the hot wire job they did.   :shruggy:   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

FLG

Fire looks too intense to just be from there hot wiring...dont take much to get these cars started. Run a wire from the battery to the ballast resistor, jump the starter relay and bam your good to go. On the later chargers we have a steering column lock, but im sure if you put enough into it you can probably break it. You can probably even just jam a screwdriver in the ignition and get it to turn, either way you really need more theft deterrent features on these rides. I remember when i parked mine on the street i would disconnect the battery, and take the coil wire with  me. Not fool proof, but who carries an extra col wire with them these days??

Buzzit1

I feel for you.  Hope the insurance company settles real soon so you can find a suitable replacement.

Jim

Ghoste

I haven't been able to collect my thoughts on this waste since you first posted it and I still can't.  I know it isn't on the same level as war or starvation but the pictures of what the thieves did to your car just leave me disgusted and saddened.
I see you are on the northwest edge of Edmonton so I guess the city is big enough for you to have the usual form of losers that turn up in urban areas.  Although everyone is blaming kids, it could also be adult jerkoffs who did it too.  Assholes whatever age they are.
I am sorry this happened to you.

Steve P.

I have a buddy that stores his Vette in a barn full of other rods and muscle cars. A few years back a car was stolen from there and found later. They caught the thieves due to the cops noticing NO TAGS on the car. My buddy called and told me of this and asked for ideas on how to keep his from being stolen. Here are a few things I remember telling him off the top of my head.

Remove the rotor from the distributor.

Remove the coil from the HEI.  This became putting a dead coil in an old cap that he puts on when it goes to storage.

Install a fuel shut off valve back near the pick up and shut it off when stored.

Remove the battery.

Remove the tags.

He says it's a pain in the ass to do and undo this, but he has been storing his car for the winter since 1986 and the only thing stolen was his "T" tops the ONE year he didn't put it away and was in his yard. It's been back to storage every winter since...

Along with pulling the battery and taking it home with you, take the negative cable. It's easy and yet another thing that would take time.

A dead coil is great due to them spending lots of time on other things that are more obvious. Then when it WILL NOT START they will probably just move on...

Another buddy here in Florida has signs all around his car lot with pictures of cameras and saying, " THIS LOT IS WATCHED 24/7 BY MULTIPLE CAMERAS". He's never had any trouble and doesn't even HAVE a camera...  :D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

MoparManJim

Hey Steve P. if I was you bud I would edited your last post and take out the last buttom line part.  :scratchchin: 

dukeboy320

Massively Over Powerd And Respected

Steve P.

Quote from: MoparManJim on June 06, 2009, 12:20:49 PM
Hey Steve P. if I was you bud I would edited your last post and take out the last buttom line part.  :scratchchin: 

Why? Would you take the chance that someone DOESN'T have cameras after multiple signs saying they do??  Not me......  Besides, I know another car lot that has a van parked in the lot with cameras pointing in every direction. He has lotttts of signs too and never had a problem..

My new shop will have a brand new sign that reads: INSURED BY SMITH AND WESSON  ..... The old sign is a bit sun bleached.  :D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

MoparManJim

Quote from: Steve P. on June 06, 2009, 01:43:43 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on June 06, 2009, 12:20:49 PM

Why? Would you take the chance that someone DOESN'T have cameras after multiple signs saying they do??  Not me......  Besides, I know another car lot that has a van parked in the lot with cameras pointing in every direction. He has lotttts of signs too and never had a problem..

My new shop will have a brand new sign that reads: INSURED BY SMITH AND WESSON  ..... The old sign is a bit sun bleached.  :D

What I meant was this, for all we know, we might have someone on here planing on doing the same thing to somthing else. They could be in his area and they see this post and wam bam they will know then when they see your last line in your earlier reply above. You have no idea who all is watching this board and with what was said above would help them out! :shruggy: 

Plus who ever did the crime to the charger in this thread might be watching this thread as well for all we know bud. This to them would probly boost there egos more.

I don't want to see your friend have somthing like this happen to him also bud.

Steve P.

Jim, I think you've been watching too many movies. Trust me when I say BOTH of these places are well armed. Or I made them both up. Or they also have some very vicious dogs.  Again, are you going to take a chance cutting locks and breaking into cars where there are signs all over the place TELLING YOU there are many cameras watching you??

If someone WANTS to take that chance, more power to them. It will be that many more people locked up or dead that we won't have to worry about... I would even come right back on here and tell you all that IT WORKED....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

MoparManJim

Quote from: Steve P. on June 06, 2009, 03:00:22 PM
Jim, I think you've been watching too many movies. Trust me when I say BOTH of these places are well armed. Or I made them both up. Or they also have some very vicious dogs.  Again, are you going to take a chance cutting locks and breaking into cars where there are signs all over the place TELLING YOU there are many cameras watching you??

If someone WANTS to take that chance, more power to them. It will be that many more people locked up or dead that we won't have to worry about... I would even come right back on here and tell you all that IT WORKED....

Well where did you think they probly got the idea at in the first place? probly watching tv or movies LOL. Did you ever see the original Gone in 60 Seconds? :lol: as this thread almost reminds of that movie. I don't know if you are making them up or not, I don't care, I just don't want to hear about your friend having something like this happenafter reading this is all bud. Some folks out there would take a chance like that but me? He!! no!! 

But like you said, if they want to take that chance more power to them though but I hope your friend can get them before they get to the goods though.

Steve P.

Ok Jim. For now on I'll use a secret code.  :smilielol:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

MoparManJim

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

r_biccum

1969 Dodge Charger SE 383 727 #'s matching with original 8 track
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
2003 Hummer H2

mopar73

I've had a tool box stolen from me 20 years ago and that really sucked.  :flame: I can only imagine how depressing it must have been for you when you first realized it was gone and worse yet when it was found  >:( >:(

Just 6T9 CHGR

I hope there wasnt any police involved.....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Hemidoug

71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Dodgecharger74

My garage is proctected by smith & wesson and some crazy guy that lives in the garage. If dorrs rattle at night watch out!!
74 charger se
82 dodge PU fleetside short box 440
05 magnum 5.7 Hemi
04 rumble bee hemi