News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART - MY STOLEN 69 RT

Started by 70 Charger RT, June 04, 2009, 08:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r_biccum

Quote from: bull on June 04, 2009, 09:37:23 AM
Everybody says this but I really don't understand how someone could do that. It makes no sense to a sane, logical mind.

You gotta remember we are mopar guys. Chevy, Ford, and the general new age rice rocket punks dont give a $hit about our dedication, time, money and love involved with these cars.
1969 Dodge Charger SE 383 727 #'s matching with original 8 track
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
2003 Hummer H2

Hemidoug

OMG that is awful! Karma is a bitch...they will get what's coming to them...bastards!
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

NYCMille

Oh man.. Dude, SO sorry about that... f*ckin' cowards...  :flame:

Hemidog

RECHRGD

Bastards!!!!!  Make a list of everyone who knew that the car was stored there and start making some calls.  Someone must have a clue.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Charger_Fan

I have absolutely nothing nice to say at all. :flame:
Although I will say that you seem to be much more calm than I would be. I'm glad your insurance will cover it & I hope they catch the bastards...QUICK!

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

nh_mopar_fan

WTF!

Good to know you're covered but this is beyond words.

MoparManJim

Well kids now days have no f-ing respeck for nothing almost  :flame:

Man, I hope to god that you find out who it was that did that crap to the charger and you can make them pay dearly for it  :RantExplode:. Maybe take and torch there car  :scratchchin: and leave them see how it feels. 

But if it was me,  :flame: I would tie them to a back of a truck bumper, and drag them down a dirt road not very fast but at a good speed where it would hurt them then take them out onto a hard road and and just step on it alittle more. Then after that take a dirt road again. Then after that if they are still walking I would brake there arms and kick them in the grinds. I know it's brutal but look what they did to your car man it was also brutal.

Mike DC

Yeah, they torched it to avoid leaving evidence.  (Damn all those CSI re-runs.)

What a crock. 
I'm glad you're taking it so well.

I agree - if you had it stored in a moderately safe/remote place, then start adding up who knew it was there.  It might not lead to anything but then again it might.  Get on the issue right now while the memories are all fresh. 

There will probably be a pretty good list of names who knew about it, and who they might have told or heard it secondhand.  But the list of names who both could have known about it, AND were actually capable of doing it . . . that will be a much shorter list.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 04, 2009, 02:36:26 PMI agree - if you had it stored in a moderately safe/remote place, then start adding up who knew it was there.  It might not lead to anything but then again it might.  Get on the issue right now while the memories are all fresh. 

There will probably be a pretty good list of names who knew about it, and who they might have told or heard it secondhand.  But the list of names who both could have known about it, AND were actually capable of doing it . . . that will be a much shorter list.

And maybe put out a $500 reward for any information.  Thats a lot of money to some kids.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Just 6T9 CHGR

That was the car you were trying to sell last year for 60k right? :scratchchin:

Waste of perfectly good iron :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BB1

Delete my profile

tan top

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :cryin: :cryin: :cryin: :bawling: :bawling: :cryin: :cryin: :no: :no: :bawling: :bawling:  

aww man can't believe it ..... those ***********   ....  damn awesome charger dead :'(
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jaak

Man, sorry to hear about that. It takes a low life piece of shit to do something like this.... I mean what did they gain from it????

Jason

Neal_J

Unbelieveably sad.   I'm sorry for your loss.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mopar73

Catch them, choke them to death, revive them, choke them, revive them.  You get the idea :flame: :flame: :flame:

teamroth

You sure you didn't have any enemies? Damn, they sure did a number on your baby. Did the ins money cover as much as you thought it would, or was it an agreed value policy.
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Foreman72

man i can't believe that...i really don't kno what would make someone do something like that...do you or the police have any leads on who might have done this
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Landonsrt

Quote from: r_biccum on June 04, 2009, 11:34:40 AM
Quote from: bull on June 04, 2009, 09:37:23 AM
Everybody says this but I really don't understand how someone could do that. It makes no sense to a sane, logical mind.

You gotta remember we are mopar guys. Chevy, Ford, and the general new age rice rocket punks dont give a $hit about our dedication, time, money and love involved with these cars.

Hey now, I am a Chevy man too! I have a new silverado! And love it!. My first project was a 66 C10 pick up that was turned into a show truck. Ive had 7 GM's and 3 mopars. Not all chevy guys are haters!

And back to the original topic,  That totally sucks! hope your insurance comes through! Get it back and rebuild it!!!!!!!

mikesbbody

Quote from: r_biccum on June 04, 2009, 09:08:39 AM
:cryin: That was a gorgeous car. Unfortunately, the reason the little punks torched it is so there would be no prints, so they wont get caught. Even if someone saw them driving the car, its hearsay. But at least you had insurance on it. Shame shame shame.  :eek2:

I agree, the torching was to cover themselves no prints, a bit over the top? maybe not if your a known criminal.
Hang them by the Balls and Torch them I say.

General_01

Man that sucks!! :rotz:

Sorry about the car. I hope the criminals who did this can be caught.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

tvandmoviecars

that sucks.... sadly, it could have been a stranger.... 3 months ago my garage was broken into and tools were stole, and a tire on m Charger was slashed... (along with 4 tires on my car trailer in front of the garage, 2 tires on my durango, and a tire on my utility trailer..)  little jerks were caght, before I knew my stuff was messed with... and they were strangers... but they still got to my car... INSIDE my garage... hopefully insurance will be enough to make things "ight" as they can... :Twocents:

vancamp

moparheater

:icon_smile_angry:
Boooooo! That should be a federal offense!
Sorry man.