News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

More intake questions...

Started by paulgrr63, June 03, 2009, 06:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulgrr63

Sorry for all the stupid questions but I need help again. I got the new intake on (318 with M1 dual plane). There is no hole for the heater hose nipple and I was told that the fitting with 3 tubes is not used but that is the only thing that will fit in the hole. Any ideas?

The red arrow is where I think the fitting with 3 tubes goes. The blue arrow is pointing to a hole and Ihave no idea what goes in it.

PS: Excuse the filthy engine. It will be getting a makeover in about a month.

paulgrr63

The red arrow is pointing at the fitting with 3 tubes. The blue arrow is pointing at the nipple.

b5blue

Since your not using the stock emission system I wouldn't worry about the thermal vacuum switch...just adapt what you need for the heater and plug the extra hole, it looks like you have a temp. sending unit in already.   

paulgrr63

Quote from: b5blue on June 04, 2009, 08:24:06 AM
Since your not using the stock emission system I wouldn't worry about the thermal vacuum switch...just adapt what you need for the heater and plug the extra hole, it looks like you have a temp. sending unit in already.   

So I should plug the smaller hole and use the larger hole for the heater?

firefighter3931

Quote from: paulgrr63 on June 04, 2009, 10:18:34 AM

Yes, or you can move the water temp sensor to the hole next to the thermostat housing and plug the hole that it's currently installed into. I'd rather have the water sensor next to the thermostat housing anyway.  :Twocents:

The larger threaded hole is definately for a heater hose outlet. You just need to source the correct nipple for the heater hose diameter.

Did you hear anything back from Mancini yet Paul ? If need be they can just pull an M1 off the shelf and match up the correct parts you need....shouldn't be that difficult.  :P

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

paulgrr63

Quote from: firefighter3931 on June 04, 2009, 10:41:58 AM

Yes, or you can move the water temp sensor to the hole next to the thermostat housing and plug the hole that it's currently installed into. I'd rather have the water sensor next to the thermostat housing anyway.  :Twocents:

The larger threaded hole is definately for a heater hose outlet. You just need to source the correct nipple for the heater hose diameter.

Did you hear anything back from Mancini yet Paul ? If need be they can just pull an M1 off the shelf and match up the correct parts you need....shouldn't be that difficult.  :P

Ron

Ron, I was at graduation practice today and they don't open until 9 :yesnod: :yesnod: I sent them an email yesterday and I haven't sent me anything back yet. I am going to give them a call now. I'll keep you posted :cheers:

paulgrr63

Ron

Ok I just got off the phone with them. Apparently there are 2 versions of the M1 intake. The one I have needs parts for engines 1979 and later. The thermostat for this intake only comes in 195* as well. They don't carry heater hose nipples for my intake so I need to go to a hardware store and buy it. Do you think I will be ok with a 195* stat? I was hoping to get a 180.

firefighter3931

Quote from: paulgrr63 on June 04, 2009, 11:06:44 AM

Ron

Ok I just got off the phone with them. Apparently there are 2 versions of the M1 intake. The one I have needs parts for engines 1979 and later. The thermostat for this intake only comes in 195* as well. They don't carry heater hose nipples for my intake so I need to go to a hardware store and buy it. Do you think I will be ok with a 195* stat? I was hoping to get a 180.

Glad that's worked out !  :P What the heck is MP doing making 2 manifolds for the same application using different accessories....Jesus H Christ !  :brickwall:

Ok, so now you know what will work and what won't...at least that's a step in the right direction.  :yesnod:

Try the 195 stat and see how it works. If the car runs too hot you can modify a 180* stat to fit the housing. Or better yet, once you get the stat housing bring it to a parts store and try different thermostats to see which one comes closest to fitting. If you have to grind a little off the stat's outer ring to fit the housing it's no big deal.

Paul, sorry to hear you're having these issues....these things should not happen in a perfect world.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Oh, and congrats on your upcoming graduation !!  :cheers:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

paulgrr63

I went to advanced Auto Parts and found a heater hose nipple that fits. Mancini is sending me the correct stat housing and stat so it looks like Im good to go. I'll keep you posted :cheers:

firefighter3931