News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone make 70 Charger rubber bumper extention strips?

Started by b5blue, June 03, 2009, 07:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

My 70 Charger has rubber strips on the over riders in front...are they available anywhere?  :shruggy:

BROCK

The guy I found that reproduces them retired.  Hope someone else steps up to fill the void :scratchchin:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

b5blue

Thanks BROCK, yeah maybe someone will see this topic?  ::)

Charger_Fan

I'm sort of surprised that one of the aftermarket companies haven't started making these. It's definitely a needed item.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Dodge Don

Not sure if this is thye guy that retired but this ad has been running in MCG forever

1970 Charger front rubber for bumperettes $75/set + shipping. Bob 734-429-2918

Can't hurt to call.

You'd think PG Classics/BE&A would repop these.

BROCK

Had a long conversation with Bob when he called to say mine are ready. 
That has been close to a year ago.  Yes, It's the same guy.  He coulda
just been hoping to retire or help the sell - I just know what he told me. 
Couldn't hurt to call as he is a great guy to talk MoPar with!

hemi-hampton

I don't think the Bumperettes are the same thing, Bumperettes are for the Bumper Guards I thought? LEON.

b5blue

Dodge Don

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 05, 2009, 12:16:47 AM
I don't think the Bumperettes are the same thing, Bumperettes are for the Bumper Guards I thought? LEON.

Leon...I was confused as well. No idea what an over rider is  :shruggy:  assumed he was talking about the bumper guards.

hemi-hampton

Now I'm confused, I missed that over rider part the first time around, I thought he meant that peice around front of fender between bumper :scratchchin: :shruggy: LEON.

b5blue

Over-rider the 2 little chrome bumpers that come down from main bumper...sorry to confuse anyone...."bumper guard" in "your term". My 70 has rubber strips on them in the front so they would then be bumper guard...bumper guards? :lol:

BROCK

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: b5blue on June 06, 2009, 04:22:30 PM
Over-rider the 2 little chrome bumpers that come down from main bumper...sorry to confuse anyone...."bumper guard" in "your term". My 70 has rubber strips on them in the front so they would then be bumper guard...bumper guards? :lol:

bumper guard cushions... thats the right therm.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

b5blue

maxwellwedge

Did anyone ever hear about the controversy ......70 R/T Chargers did not have the rubber on the guards? I know original literature shows them. Any one have any opinions?

BROCK

Mine's a SE R/T & has the rubber on them.  I've seen SE parts over-ride R/T trim parts before.  So, sorry if this
muddies the waters.

maxwellwedge

Nah - I just hear about this every year at Carlisle among the NOS vendors and threw it out there for fun.

Dodge Don

Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 08, 2009, 09:29:33 PM
Did anyone ever hear about the controversy ......70 R/T Chargers did not have the rubber on the guards? I know original literature shows them. Any one have any opinions?

Never heard of that one. My 70 R/T had front bumper guards with the rubber. Never seen one without them. They are probably thinking of 69 Chargers. The bumper guards for 70 are unique. Mine was an early build car so wasn't a case of using up old 69 parts.

b5blue

Nacho-RT74

arent't later 69 guards crossing ABOVE the bumper istead sitting below ? why would 70s fit the earlier 69 style instead laters ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

b5blue

That's what he meant...they do not...a 70 year model made in late 69. (The new car model comes out in Sept. instead of Jan.)

Ghoste

Nacho, I believe the short 69 style are the same as the 68 ones but they are not the same as the 70 ones.

BROCK

Dodge Don

Quote from: b5blue on June 09, 2009, 10:44:48 AM
That's what he meant...they do not...a 70 year model made in late 69. (The new car model comes out in Sept. instead of Jan.)

August actually but who's counting  ;)