News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Alley, June 7th, 2009" *Photos!!*

Started by Dans 68, June 02, 2009, 04:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dans 68

Anyone going this year? Besides me, that is?  :icon_smile_wink:  I'll probably bring the '73, and will be wearing one of my cool "Dodge Charger.Com" t-shirts with a black Mopar baseball cap. Very stylish. Let me know.  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Neal_J

70sixpkrt

I won't be able to attend since I'm going to the one at Infineon the day before.

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

Neal_J

I wonder how the predicted rain this weekend will affect these two shows...

Dans 68

Negatively, I'd imagine.  :D  Any weather at all and I will not attend Infineon (3 hours round trip), and probably only a short hike about Ohlone on Sunday to look for parts. Too bad... :P

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Neal_J

Indeed.  Sears Point is a bit far for me & the kiddies even in good weather. I but I've always enjoyed Ohlone & don't recall anything but bright sunshine in 15+ years attending. 

Dans 68

Neal,

Sears Point looks to be a chance of showers saturday, with Ohlone College on sunday having more sun than clouds so that is great. :2thumbs:

Dan

Brock Samson

thanks for the reminder i forgot all about it..  :eek2:

here's me last yr..

and here you go...

i just gassed up the muther maybe i'l cruise it again... but i haven't had the charger in the show in several years now,...  :scratchchin:

here's the real time radar loop update it to get real time Satt. Views of parcipitation...

http://images.intellicast.com/WxImages/RadarLoop/rno_None_anim.gif

Dans 68

Brockster,

By the plate on that '68 I assume it is one of the XP 4-speeds? Whose is it? Nice looking car.  :drool5:  Thanks, and I'll look for ya at the show. If you bring the motor home be sure to bring the blender. :2thumbs:

Dan

mopar-or-no-car

Dan ,
I'll be there with my Blue 71 chally look for me in the "under construction area!! it is in BAD need of a paint job so I figured that was the class for me!! it has ladies etched in the window so you can't miss it!! (thanks to an "ex" boyfriend of mine!!  ::)  ) I look forward to finally meeting you!!! hopefully it will be a great show!!   :cheers:

Rachelle   :2thumbs:
Real WOMEN drive MOPARS!!!!!

crusty440

I forgot about it too, I guess i could get a late entry at the gate.

Dans 68

Quote from: mopar-or-no-car on June 05, 2009, 02:36:23 PM
Dan ,
I'll be there with my Blue 71 chally look for me in the "under construction area!! it is in BAD need of a paint job so I figured that was the class for me!! it has ladies etched in the window so you can't miss it!! (thanks to an "ex" boyfriend of mine!!  ::)  ) I look forward to finally meeting you!!! hopefully it will be a great show!!   :cheers:

Rachelle   :2thumbs:

Very cool! See you then. I'm not planning on bringing any cars this year...just my daughter and camera.  :angel:

Dan

Neal_J

Dave:

Any chance you'll bring the RR?  I saw it on CL earlier...with the custom stripes.

Neal

mopar-or-no-car

Quote from: crusty440 on June 05, 2009, 03:03:42 PM
I forgot about it too, I guess i could get a late entry at the gate.

Or if you wanted to call the club putting it on the number to pre-reg and save $5.00 is (408) 356-4752 or (408) 981-3326 and that way you will know you are guaranteed a spot!! not that I would think you would have to worry! but just in case!
Real WOMEN drive MOPARS!!!!!

Brock Samson

just don't get there late, after 9:00 you can't get in the show..
i don't know fundage being a problem i may just bring the M and park in the lot, i swear though the cars in the parking lot are often the highlight like last year when the all orig. '69 500 showed up on the trailer,.. if you go be sure to walk over to the lot on the south side of the show as there are usually a dozen cars to drool over there too..
the RR is still down the Distrib. I got was loose when mounted and i had to send it back... it hasn't been running in about two mos. now but should be soon.
if i ever get through to the dune buggy owners i'll try to stop in there to check it out... at this point i'm betting it's sold by the time i get ahold of them..

Neal_J

SFRT

its 6 am and im fixing to go on over there..taking the scow....
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brock Samson

welp,  :eek2: i had a hard time sleeping last night and awoke at 8:00 with a headache and finally now that I've taken two Asprin and two Tylenol I'm feeling somewhat normal.. hope you had a great time and I await pictures...

Dans 68

I just got back, and took a few pictures.  :rofl:  I'll post later (after I get back from my daughter's horse riding lesson).

Dan

In the meantime here is one photo of one of my favorites, taken with my iphone.

SFRT

I had a great time. weather was cool and overcast, found some junk I needed at the swap meet..including an awesome 1 1/2 ton cherry picker and met Dan68. LOTS of super-sick cars!

my favorite was this Hurst Scrambler..it was beyond perfect

I also really dug this wagon:

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Neal_J

Always a great show & today was no different.  Weather was overcast but the tempreature was ideal.  Lots of stuff in the swap area today, more than usual.  I picked up a batch of vintage Mopar magazines. 

Dans 68

I agree, Neal. I picked up a few "on the watch list" items from the swap area...I got a great buy! Photos of the day, and items, to follow a bit later, after the BBQ....  :coolgleamA:

Dan

Dans 68

I found two items at 7:30 am this morning at the swap meet area; one was a correct 2-snorkel air cleaner for my early build '68 383 4-bbl 4-speed car. I already have one but it was "ventilated" by a previous owner and needed a lot of work to make whole. Part of my plan to restore the car as it came from the factory (or close to it  :P) "This" one is whole except for the missing short stub out of the snorkel for the crankcase hose.

After I smugly picked up the air cleaner off of the ground, and very pleased with my good fortune, I spied a carburetor that was lying next to it. I have been on the lookout for the correct (and rare) 4-bbl manual carb for my '68, a Carter AVS 4426S (I have a 4401S which is proper for a 383 4-bbl auto), so I thought "what the hell, I'll just take a look". Needless to say I was astounded. And very happy. Now to negotiate with the seller.... :scratchchin:

We settled for $122 for both after a bit of bickering. Could have been easily $200 for both (I probably would have paid it). Not a bad start to a great day of looking at old Mopars.... :2thumbs:  Now I need to restore.... ;)  Show photos to follow....  :cheers:

Dan

Dans 68

Photos....

Dans 68

More...