News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

will any 727 work?

Started by metcoll, June 06, 2009, 02:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metcoll

70 dodge charger with built 440...my tranny is slipping very badly was just wondering if any 727 that i find in a wrecking yard would be a good canidate to rebuild for performance...don't want to use my original as i don't want too much down time on my car...thx for any replies....

mikepmcs

I'll make it even easier.  Since you are going to build one anyway.  You need to contact Jamey(RD) on this site.  He will build you one and ship it to you and it will be a heck of a lot cheaper and better than getting built somewhere else. I imagine he would want the core but I bet you can work something out. You can discuss what you want and he will build it. 

Here's his profile.  Send him a PM.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=27

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Ghoste

And as an answer to your question, not just any 727 will work, there are small block and short tailstock ones.  The good news is that most of the ones you will find will work.

RD

thanks mike! metcoll, contact me via pm or email: racedodge@hotmail.com  i am doing two trans right now for two members on this site, going to get them hot tanked tomorrow for assembly tomorrow evening.

let me know what you want to do.  prices are on the link mike posted.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander