News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Making the wife happy /20th wedding annv. this year in sept.

Started by moparstuart, June 01, 2009, 09:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

Quote from: moparstuart on June 02, 2009, 07:20:22 PM
Quote from: Foreman72 on June 02, 2009, 05:22:15 PM
i hope i have a wife that digs cars as presents for important dates... :2thumbs:
she could care less about the mopar part , The top goes down ,or comes off  thats all she cares about LOL

Is that "her" top...or the cars?   :scratchchin:

vancamp

FJMG

That sounds like a great gift Stuart but I am not a very good judge of that since my 17th anniv. was last saturday and you KNOW where I was! BTW was there not one of those cars at the show?

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69_500

20 years of marriage congrats Stuart. Car looks pretty nice too.

mikepmcs

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on June 01, 2009, 10:40:59 PM

Our 15th is later on this month.  What are U supposed to get the better half for 15 years?

Traditional gift is crystal, modern gift is a watch.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on June 07, 2009, 12:27:37 AM
20 years of marriage congrats Stuart. Car looks pretty nice too.
thanks car is not really that nice but bcan be made nice pretty easy , rust is the worst problem plus windshields and a right hlp are expensive .

Lifsgrt

Our 23d anniversary was Feb 14 this year.  My wife has wanted a convertible 2 seat Mercedes since before we were married.  She was insistent that she wanted one for her 50th birthday.  I was shopping craigslist the night before our anniversary and found a 2005 Mercedes SLK 350 in Nashville.  The car was like new with just under 30k miles.  I took her to see it, and she was so excited she was a little queezy... we bought it and I haven't seen her smile this much in 23 years of marriage!!  Thanks me on a regular basis with a big smile on her face.  Since it's a Daimler Chrysler product, it fits right in, and with the 268hp V6, it was pulling strong as I passed 130mph, I just ran out of road!!  Highly recommend something like this (if it's what she likes) over more jewelry or "traditional gifts".
Best time 11.07@121

69_500

Was the red paint on the hood starting to fade as well Stuart? I had 2 1990 Daytona's both red, and both had the paint fading on the hoods and roofs as well as the deck lids. Then the 1992 IROC R/T I had did the same thing. But the green IROC R/T I had didn't have any problems with the paint fading.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on June 07, 2009, 12:22:19 PM
Was the red paint on the hood starting to fade as well Stuart? I had 2 1990 Daytona's both red, and both had the paint fading on the hoods and roofs as well as the deck lids. Then the 1992 IROC R/T I had did the same thing. But the green IROC R/T I had didn't have any problems with the paint fading.
no the deck lid is loosing it's clear , but the top and hood (dings in hood )  looks good so far . I think we can save the paint on the lid and reclear it .

mikepmcs

oh, and by the way, happy anniversary to ya'll! :2thumbs:
Forgot to say that in my last post. :icon_smile_cool:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?