News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It's here, My new Daytona

Started by hemi68charger, June 01, 2009, 12:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WINGR

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 08, 2009, 09:38:21 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 08, 2009, 09:32:57 PM
We are here for you!  :cheers:   Free advice is worth exactly what you pay for it!  :lol:

Good,, what's the easiest technique for opening up Daytona hoods.. Man, when the fit is good between the hood, fenders and nose, there's not much room to get your fingers into to lift up the hood... Also, any pics of the hood pin bezel area? The lanyards on my Daytona are screwed to the fenders, improper position. I understand from Geno they are attached to the inboard screw of the bezel and the screw is a different one without the bevel.

Did I say "my Daytona"?, I still can't get over it.. I'm in amazement as I gaze at it from under the nose and see how it's all put together...   ;D

Troy

Yes Troy, that's exactly why I got rid of my Tona and got a C500. It's much easier to open the hood, right?  :icon_smile_big:

Actually, I really don't think there is an easy way. You just have to use your fingers and lift it a little then pull the safety catch back as your lifting the rest of the way. Of course it's well worth the extra effort.

WINGR/Steve

F6Daytona

RAC95054

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 08, 2009, 09:28:48 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 08, 2009, 08:55:33 PM
Troy - Word of advice - Keep your reserve where you want it but have your starting bid a lot lower - you will drag more people in.  :cheers:

Jim, yeah, I thought that same thing earlier, but it was too late and well, if someone wants it, they'll have to bid higher.. Hopefully I won't have to do it again......

Thanks for the advice...
Troy

Congrats again, Troy.   You just got it, and already your selling!  Shesh!  :P  Some more advice for you listing... take as may hi res pictures as you can, and add them to the listing.  For that kind of money, people want to see more details.  And give as much history about that you car as you can.  For me, for the way you have it now, I'd be a little turned off because the pictures don't show much.  Just my  :Twocents:  -Russ
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

hemi68charger

Quote from: RAC95054 on June 08, 2009, 11:20:45 PM
Troy - Word of advice - Keep your reserve where you want it but have your starting bid a lot lower - you will drag more people in.  :cheers:

Jim, yeah, I thought that same thing earlier, but it was too late and well, if someone wants it, they'll have to bid higher.. Hopefully I won't have to do it again......

Thanks for the advice...
Troy

Congrats again, Troy.   You just got it, and already your selling!  Shesh!  :P  Some more advice for you listing... take as may hi res pictures as you can, and add them to the listing.  For that kind of money, people want to see more details.  And give as much history about that you car as you can.  For me, for the way you have it now, I'd be a little turned off because the pictures don't show much.  Just my  :Twocents:  -Russ

I agree with ya... I'll see your :Twocents: and raise you :Twocents:

I'll more than likely follow these words of wisdom and pull 'Tona out today after work and take some pictures......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

FJ5WING

We are here for you!  :cheers:   Free advice is worth exactly what you pay for it!  :lol:

Did I say "my Daytona"?, I still can't get over it.. I'm in amazement as I gaze at it from under the nose and see how it's all put together...   ;D

Troy

:shruggy: finding it hard to feel the love when its already up for sale. :icon_smile_blackeye:
wingless now, but still around.

hemi68charger

Quote from: FJ5WING on June 09, 2009, 08:38:21 AM

Troy

:shruggy: finding it hard to feel the love when its already up for sale. :icon_smile_blackeye:

Then you fail to see the big picture.......... Regardless of this, there will still be a Daytona in my garage and I'm hoping for it to be a 4-speed version, what's wrong with that?  Have I fallen into the realm of a, God-forbid, flipper? naaaaaaaaaaa,
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

BB1

Just dogging ya man.  :smilielol:  :nana:
Delete my profile

hemi68charger

Troy

hotrod98

If all else fails, you could convert this one to a 4-speed. It's not like it couldn't be converted back some day.
Of course if you were old like me, the 4-speed thing is not as exciting as it once was. I get a little tired of rowing. This past weekend, we took two cudas to a car show in central Arkansas and I made my brother drive the 4-speed car.  :D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hemi68charger

Quote from: hotrod98 on June 09, 2009, 10:49:52 AM
If all else fails, you could convert this one to a 4-speed. It's not like it couldn't be converted back some day.
Of course if you were old like me, the 4-speed thing is not as exciting as it once was. I get a little tired of rowing. This past weekend, we took two cudas to a car show in central Arkansas and I made my brother drive the 4-speed car.  :D

Maybe I've been SO used to Dana that putting the gear selector handle into "Drive" seemed so boring..........  :lol:
Troy

maxwellwedge

Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 08, 2009, 09:53:05 PM
There seems to be some different lanyard mounting screw locations depending who you talk to and who has seen what car. I'll check my pics and let you know what I have mostly seen. I am sure every one was not the same and variations exist. You will develop a system for opening the hood without even thinking about it.....unless you sell yours off and I buy Dougs and recapture the "Daytona Bastard" crown!  :nana:

Just kidding!  :lol:

How did you let this one slide?  :scratchchin:  :icon_smile_big:

hemi68charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 09, 2009, 10:59:57 AM
There seems to be some different lanyard mounting screw locations depending who you talk to and who has seen what car. I'll check my pics and let you know what I have mostly seen. I am sure every one was not the same and variations exist. You will develop a system for opening the hood without even thinking about it.....unless you sell yours off and I buy Dougs and recapture the "Daytona Bastard" crown!  :nana:

Slide? Slide? Feeling a little left out there Jimmy?
Never !!!!! I will retain the DB award.........  You know you want mine and not Doug's.............
Troy

69_500

Troy, I have photo's of plenty of lanyards on Daytona's. Seems that they are 2 different screws depending on the car. Jim (3Daytona's) green car is one of the ones with it on an odd screw in comparison to the rest of the cars.

hemi68charger

Quote from: RAC95054 on June 08, 2009, 11:20:45 PM

Thanks for the advice...
Troy

Hey Russ,,, took some more pics of 'Tona....

Quote from: 69_500 on June 09, 2009, 03:29:54 PM
Troy, I have photo's of plenty of lanyards on Daytona's. Seems that they are 2 different screws depending on the car. Jim (3Daytona's) green car is one of the ones with it on an odd screw in comparison to the rest of the cars.

Hey Danny, made the mod's to the hood pin lanyards like OEM.. Thanks man...  :2thumbs:
Troy

maxwellwedge

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 09, 2009, 11:14:15 AM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 09, 2009, 10:59:57 AM

Slide? Slide? Feeling a little left out there Jimmy?
Never !!!!! I will retain the DB award.........  You know you want mine and not Doug's.............

:rofl:    ....You should be in sales...... :icon_smile_big:

petercharger

nice car...whoever buyes it will hopefully love it more :yesnod: :drool5:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

hotrod98

Troy, that looks a lot like my in-laws neighborhood north of Champions Forest.

Charles Addams

hemi68charger

Quote from: petercharger on June 09, 2009, 08:54:07 PM
nice car...whoever buyes it will hopefully love it more :yesnod: :drool5:

for me, more = 4-speed....... But, no one should belittle my thrill to own this Daytona. I had a blast driving it today.
Troy

hemi68charger

Thought I'd post a link to the youtube video I did on my first drive out on the streets.. It's pretty tame for now...  Can ya tell I'm excited and still in awe.

My maiden drive in my new Daytona, click here

Troy
Troy

hotrod98

:2thumbs:
Looks cool.
I'm going to go out and jump in the wingrunner and go get some breakfast. I like looking at the wing in the rear view mirrors.

Charles Addams

BB1

4.10s in a Daytona? Wow, I would need 2.76 and a overdrive trans.  :coolgleamA:
Get that nose and wing working.

zoom zoom
Delete my profile

Mr. 4-Speed

Fits you like a glove, Troy !

69*F5*SE

Congrats on getting your Daytona.  I love the video.  Made me feel like I was taking a ride too.   :cheers:

RAC95054

Very nice, Troy.  I hope the 4-speed Daytona you are looking to get is done as nicely as this one.  If only I had a bigger garage... and more money... and more time...  :icon_smile_big:
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

nascarxx29

On your newly acquired daytona  :2thumbs:. Also I had this saved from 2007.
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701