News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It's here, My new Daytona

Started by hemi68charger, June 01, 2009, 12:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGhost

I like the kids repsonse.

"$10 a ride?  Dude, I'd pay that." :lol:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

nascarxx29

Congrats Looks like Dallas TX gave up a daytona .But gained a superbird this week .My friend Ted sold his superbird to lucaslaw on this board from Dalllas
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on June 05, 2009, 04:18:06 PM
...so what is the apropriate morning / grieving time .  You need to change your avitar and your name   :D :D

Well, the avatar is changed as you can see.......... not sure if I'm going to give up the name since I had it so long..................
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

Right choice on the username, afterall you gotta honor the cars that got you where you are now.

GeneralLeeTESH

AWESOME ! Duketona is happy, also !!!   :icon_smile_cool: :drool5: :drool5: :yesnod: ;D :2thumbs: :scratchchin: :lol: :o :o :cheers:
The TESH

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 08, 2009, 07:56:40 AM
...so what is the apropriate morning / grieving time .  You need to change your avitar and your name   :D :D

Well, the avatar is changed as you can see.......... not sure if I'm going to give up the name since I had it so long..................
So whitey and dana are famous car names for you , What will you crisson the daytona with ?

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

maxwellwedge

Quote from: moparstuart on June 08, 2009, 12:05:43 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on June 08, 2009, 07:56:40 AM

So whitey and dana are famous car names for you , What will you crisson the daytona with ?

How about.....Danny Boy?    :naughty:

Sorry Danny   :pity:

hemi68charger

Well, which ever Daytona I end up with, it'll be named simply "'Tona". Julie, my three year old, no more than 5 hours after it was home and cleaned up, was asking me, "Daddy, where are the teys to 'Tona?", I kid you not................

Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 08, 2009, 12:19:22 PM

Ah man Jim, that's cold !!!!!! 
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

maxwellwedge

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 08, 2009, 12:42:34 PM

Well, which ever Daytona I end up with, it'll be named simply "'Tona". Julie, my three year old, no more than 5 hours after it was home and cleaned up, was asking me, "Daddy, where are the teys to 'Tona?", I kid you not................

Hey, I said I was sorry!  :icon_smile_big:

Just kidding Danny....It was laying there - someone had to jump on it!  ;D

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Ghoste on June 08, 2009, 08:41:00 AM
Right choice on the username, afterall you gotta honor the cars that got you where you are now.
:iagree:

What a cool sight to see! Finally your very own 'Tona in your very own garage!! :icon_smile_cool: :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

hemi68charger

Quote from: Charger_Fan on June 08, 2009, 02:21:24 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on June 08, 2009, 08:41:00 AM
:iagree:

What a cool sight to see! Finally your very own 'Tona in your very own garage!! :icon_smile_cool: :cheers:

When I look at it I still think, that's a nice clone......... Then I pinch myself,,,,it IS real, an XX29 car.....   :boogie:
Troy

moparstuart

Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 08, 2009, 01:34:06 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on June 08, 2009, 12:42:34 PM

Hey, I said I was sorry!  :icon_smile_big:

Just kidding Danny....It was laying there - someone had to jump on it!  ;D
wow    that was a  :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick:   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

hemi68charger

OK everyone,,, don't rag on me................... You're going to see it on ebay and it's because,, as some of you already know, I'm going after Doug's boat-tow'in 4-speed.........   :icon_smile_big:

Regardless of any outcome, I'll have a Daytona..................
Troy

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 08, 2009, 02:33:54 PM
OK everyone,,, don't rag on me................... You're going to see it on ebay and it's because,, as some of you already know, I'm going after Doug's boat-tow'in 4-speed.........   :icon_smile_big:

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:   hope you get the boatona   :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on June 08, 2009, 02:52:28 PM

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:   hope you get the boatona   :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I like that.. Bo'Tona............ 
Troy

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 08, 2009, 02:54:42 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on June 08, 2009, 02:52:28 PM

I like that.. Bo'Tona............ 
bo tona    needs a rebel flag on top   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

69_500

I think you should call it Danny boy. That has a nice ring to it. Oh wait, that was a poke at me wasn't it? OH well, one of these days I too will get one. Maybe by the time I grow up I can eat at the big boy table at Thanksgiving too. JK.

Congrats once again Troy. It must be awsome to open up the garage and see a wing peeking back at you, I can only imagine.

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

notabird

Congrats Troy.When we got ours I would go out to the garage in the middle of the night and look at it.I just couldnt believe it was ours.
Brent

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

maxwellwedge

Troy - Word of advice - Keep your reserve where you want it but have your starting bid a lot lower - you will drag more people in.  :cheers:

hemi68charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 08, 2009, 08:55:33 PM
Troy - Word of advice - Keep your reserve where you want it but have your starting bid a lot lower - you will drag more people in.  :cheers:

Jim, yeah, I thought that same thing earlier, but it was too late and well, if someone wants it, they'll have to bid higher.. Hopefully I won't have to do it again......

Thanks for the advice...
Troy
Troy

maxwellwedge

We are here for you!  :cheers:   Free advice is worth exactly what you pay for it!  :lol:

hemi68charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 08, 2009, 09:32:57 PM
We are here for you!  :cheers:   Free advice is worth exactly what you pay for it!  :lol:

Good,, what's the easiest technique for opening up Daytona hoods.. Man, when the fit is good between the hood, fenders and nose, there's not much room to get your fingers into to lift up the hood... Also, any pics of the hood pin bezel area? The lanyards on my Daytona are screwed to the fenders, improper position. I understand from Geno they are attached to the inboard screw of the bezel and the screw is a different one without the bevel.

Did I say "my Daytona"?, I still can't get over it.. I'm in amazement as I gaze at it from under the nose and see how it's all put together...   ;D

Troy
Troy

maxwellwedge

There seems to be some different lanyard mounting screw locations depending who you talk to and who has seen what car. I'll check my pics and let you know what I have mostly seen. I am sure every one was not the same and variations exist. You will develop a system for opening the hood without even thinking about it.....unless you sell yours off and I buy Dougs and recapture the "Daytona Bastard" crown!  :nana:

Just kidding!  :lol: