News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

American Hamburger what is your fav?

Started by BB1, June 01, 2009, 07:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where do you go to get a good burger?

I make the best burgers at home
17 (37%)
Friends -n- family
0 (0%)
Fast Food junky
6 (13%)
National restaurant chain
3 (6.5%)
Specialty regional burger
19 (41.3%)
I don't like hamburgers at all
1 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 46

BB1

Food is a good subject.

My favorite burger is IN-N-OUT, unfortunately I can't get them out here in the Midwest.   :rotz:

I like a double patty with American cheese, tomatoes, and real onions, a little catsup, hold the pickles. I count this as a specialty regional burger, because you can only get it in the Southwest.

If you have a good recipe or you know of where to get the best burger around, share it with us.

Please don't mention the Big Mac, you obviously have no understanding of the subject here.  :nana:
Delete my profile

69DodgeCharger

Bacon cheeseburger.....with extra cheese and extra bacon!
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

moparjohn

Hambers, fresh ground beef, done med-well with bacon, mushrooms and blue cheese salad bressing.  If you have fresh blue cheese add it to the ground beef B/4 cooking YUMM!
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

BB1

mmm love blue cheese. I'll have to try it.

Thanks
Delete my profile

Neal_J

Double-double from In & Out, animal style.

Nature's most perfect food...

BrianShaughnessy

5 Guys bacon cheeseburger.    Lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, ketchup...    regular fries,   a scoop of peanuts on top of the to go bag and a Sam Adams.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Old Moparz

My favorite burgers aren't from a chain restaurant or a fast food joint, & they aren't near me to enjoy them more often.  ::)

The Frontier Room in Dumont, NJ is a small bar/restaurant that I used to go to with friends when I lived in NJ. They have great burgers & my favorite was called "The English" on a seeded hard roll with cheddar cheese, onion, lettuce, & tomato.  :cheers:

Nathan's Cafe in Enola, PA is near Carlisle & the place where a bunch of us from DC.com went to eat. I usually don't get burgers there because the regular meals are awesome, but one day on the way home I decided to eat lunch there & ordered a burger & it was great.  :cheers:

Now I'm freakin' hungry.  :drool5:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

BB1

Delete my profile

Brock Samson

BEHOLD!   :o

The Original Joes Swiss Cheese Burger on Sourdough Garlic Bread!..

:drool5:

Todd Wilson

Quote from: BB1 on June 01, 2009, 07:58:45 AM
Food is a good subject.

My favorite burger is IN-N-OUT, unfortunately I can't get them out here in the Midwest.   :rotz:

HAHA!

Todd

Dans 68

Quote from: Neal_J on June 01, 2009, 10:29:25 AM
Double-double from In & Out, animal style.

Nature's most perfect food...

I agree, wholeheartedly!  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

JoeyGowdy

I voted Fast Food junky... but y'all already knew that:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,57528.0.html

Bumpers, Burger King, Hardees, McDonalds, Sonic, Whataburger, etc.

:icon_smile_cool:
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

CB

nobody mentioned Carl's Junior, my favorite joint :drool5:

The Bacon Cheese Six Dollar Burger™:

Only the gas you make, when you eat burger everyday, pfffoooo man !!!  :eek2:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

b5blue

Fast Food...Steak and Shake, triple, all the way, with fries 3.99 YUM!

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

mikepmcs

The wait staff was sweet!!!!  I liked FUDDRUCKERS when I lived in Virginia.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuddruckers

By the way, I voted mine are the best.

I got a burger for ya'll taken from the food recipe thread.   http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,44219.0.html

This is not my recipe.

Ted Reader's World Famous Ludicrous Burger
http://www.tedreader.com/view-recipe.php?viewrecipe=64

Ludicrous Tankhouse Ale Butter Barbecue Basting Sauce
1/2 cup melted butter, unsalted
1 cup gourmet barbecue sauce
1/2 bottle Tankhouse Ale, Mill Street Brewery
2 tbsp. Ted Reader's Bone Dust BBQ Spice

Bocconcini Stuffed Beef Burger
1 lb regular ground beef
1 small white onion, finely diced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup Tankhouse Ale, Mill Street Brewery
2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tbsp. Ted Reader's Bone Dust Spice
salt and pepper to taste
4 pieces baby or cherry sized bocconcini cheese

Pork Burger
1 piece pork tenderloin (about 12 oz), diced
1 bottle Tankhouse Ale, Mill Street Brewery
1 red pepper, grilled and diced
2 lbs ground pork
3 tbsp. gourmet style barbecue sauce
1 tbsp. Ted Reader's Bone Dust Spice
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 small white onion, finely diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

The $100 Ludicrous 20 Cheese Blend
OK, so this recipe makes a ludicrous amount of shredded cheese, but you'll need a good pile to go with those burgers...
1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
1/2 cup orange cheddar, shredded
1/2 cup white cheddar, shredded
1/2 cup Monterey jack, shredded
1/2 cup brick cheese, shredded
1/2 cup farmer's cheese, shredded
1/2 cup pepper jack, shredded
1/2 cup havarti, shredded
1/2 cup provolone, shredded
1/2 cup smoked cheddar, shredded
1/2 cup edam, shredded
1/2 cup emmental, shredded
1/2 cup smoked gruyere, shredded
1/2 cup gouda, shredded
1/2 cup feta, crumbled
1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup goats cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup parmesan, grated
1/2 cup asiago, grated
1/2 cup romano, grated

Grilled Cheese, Bacon, and Onion Sandwich Buns
16 tsp. butter, unsalted and softened
16 slices thick sliced Texas toast white bread or whole wheat bread
8 slices processed cheese slices, thick grill cheese style
1 red onion, sliced into ¼" rings and grilled
16 slices par cooked bacon, crispy

In a bowl combine melted butter, gourmet style bbq sauce, Tankhouse Ale and Ted Reader's Bone Dust Spice. Mix well and set aside for basting.

In a large bowl, mix together beef, onion, jalapeno, garlic, Tankhouse Ale, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard and Ted Reader's Bone Dust Spice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Form mixture into 4 x 4oz balls. Gently press 1 bocconcini ball into the center of each burger, forming the meat mixture around the cheese. Press burger into a patty shape, keeping the cheese in the center. Repeat for remaining burgers, cover, refrigerate and let rest for 1 hour to set.

Pour half the Tankhouse Ale over the diced pork tenderloin then season with gourmet barbecue sauce and Ted Reader's Bone Dust Spice. Mix well, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.

Preheat grill to medium (about 350-400 degrees F).

Grill red pepper for 2 to 3 minutes until lightly charred. Remove peppers from grill and turn off grill.

In a large bowl combine ground pork, marinated diced pork tenderloin, parmesan cheese, white onion, grilled red pepper, garlic, Dijon mustard, parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Form mixture into 8 equal sized balls, approximately 4 ounces each.

Flatten two pork balls into patties about 1/2-inch thick. Remove beef burgers from fridge and place one beef burger on top of a pork patty. Place second pork patty on top of beef burger and form the pork mixture around the beef burger, ensuring no beef is visible and pressing firmly to seal all edges. Repeat with remaining burgers. Cover and refrigerate, allowing meat to rest for at least one hour.

Note when preparing ludicrous cheese blend, before shredding cheese ensure all cheese is as cold as possible (especially the soft ones like havarti). Combine all the cheeses together in a giant big-ass bowl or pan. Reserve about 4 cups of cheese (or more!) for the Ludicrous Burger Assembly. Cover and refrigerate remaining cheese (should be about 6 cups left over) for future use.

To prepare the Grilled Cheese Bacon and Onion Buns, butter one side of each slice of bread. Place bread onto grill, buttered side down. Lay one slice of cheese (wrapper removed... duh) in the center of the bread. Top with a little bit of grilled onion and 2 slices of crispy cooked bacon. Top each stack with another slice of buttered bread, butter side up. Set aside.

Grilling the Ludicrous Burger...
Make Sure You Have:
6 bocconcini stuffed beef burgers stuffed in pork burgers
4 cups 20 cheese blend
8 grilled cheese, bacon, and onion sandwiches, assembled & uncooked
4 smoked sausages
4 eggs, fried sunny side up
1 recipe Tankhouse Ale Butter Barbecue Basting Sauce
1 bottle antacid (optional, as needed)

Preheat grill to medium heat.

Remove burgers from refrigerator.

Place chilled burgers onto preheated grill and cook for 10-12 minutes per side. When burgers are almost fully cooked, baste liberally with BBB Basting Sauce.

While the burgers are grilling, place sausages onto grill and cook until lightly charred and hot throughout. Remove from grill and allow to cool slightly. Cut sausages in ½ lengthwise and place onto top rack of grill to keep warm.

When burgers are nearly done, top with the 20 cheese blend, about ½ cup per burger. Close lid of your grill, and allow cheese to melt, about 3 to 4 minutes.

Once cheese is nearly melted, turn down grill temperature to medium-low. Place Grilled Cheese, Bacon and Onion sandwich buns onto grill. Grill sandwiches for 3-4 minutes per side, turning frequently to prevent burning, until bread is golden brown and crisp and cheese is melted.

Remove burgers from grill and cover with foil. Clean grill thoroughly.

To assemble Teddy's Ludicrous Burgers onto a flat surface place one Grilled Cheese, Bacon and Onion Sandwich Bun. Top with a burger, one fried egg and half a grilled sausage. Garnish with your favorite toppings and top with another Grilled Cheese, Bacon and Onion Sandwich Bun. Repeat with remaining burgers, eggs and buns.

Serve with extra Ludicrous Tankhouse Ale Butter Barbecue Basting Sauce for dipping, lots of napkins, very cold Tankhouse Ale and antacids, as needed.

Serves 8
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Silver R/T

I like grilling my own but if I have a choice I'll go with BK over McD's
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Tilar

We raise our own beef so I have to say mine is the best tasting, But there are a lot of close seconds out there!
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

skip68

1. Red Robin Whiskey River Bar-B-Q Burger  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: (Havn't had one in a long time!  :'()

2. Carl's Jr. Guacamole 6 dollar burger

3. In-N-Out Double Double with cheese, and fries!!!!!!  :2thumbs:

4. I like Mc Donalds/Burger king, just for cheap, easy, on the go food. (Especially with kids!)

My quest in Las Vegas is to find a place that makes my favorite sandwich,....."Monte Cristo"!!!!!!!!  :yesnod: :drool5: :yesnod: :drool5: :yesnod: :drool5:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

KS71owner

Gotta go with Fuddruckers. When I lived in Texas, and whenever I visit, I ALWAYS stop by there.

In Wichita, Freddy's is really good. I usually make my own though - I like to make inside-out burgers, where I stuff the patties with onions, cheese and bacon with a little Mesquite flavoring mixed into the beef. Works ok with turkey too but beef is always better.

mopar_nut_440_6

I like to make my own. I mix up my hamburger with a package of onion soup mix and a couple of eggs and use a piece of 4 inch PVC tubing and make a bottom patty. I then take diced cooked bacon and add a layer followed by a layer of cheddar cheese. I then add another layer of meat and then pull it out of the tubing and make sure the edges are squeezed together well. I like to keep the cheese and bacon away from the outer edge so they will stick together.  2 lbs of meat makes about 5/6 burgers and they are delicious!!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Old Moparz

Quote from: mopar_nut_440_6 on June 02, 2009, 01:30:02 AM
I like to make my own. I mix up my hamburger with a package of onion soup mix and a couple of eggs and use a piece of 4 inch PVC tubing and make a bottom patty. I then take diced cooked bacon and add a layer followed by a layer of cheddar cheese. I then add another layer of meat and then pull it out of the tubing and make sure the edges are squeezed together well. I like to keep the cheese and bacon away from the outer edge so they will stick together.  2 lbs of meat makes about 5/6 burgers and they are delicious!!

Is it leftover new pipe from a project, or was it a piece of used sewer pipe? Just asking because my wife likes to use a well seasoned, cast iron, skillet over any of her silverstone pans. She said it makes a difference.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

mopar0166

ether a fudruckers burger, or a double monster thick burger  :cheers:from hardees are some of my favorites  in/out burger id awesome as well but how often do i get to go over to the west coast.   haa hahaa

Sonic makes a good burger as well.   much better then mcdonalds