News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

daytona clone updates

Started by aussie daytona, May 29, 2009, 04:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussie daytona

hi guys...how about a daytona clone update...seems that a lot were being built when i bought mine a year ago,how about an update on what your doing  :shruggy:...im about to pull the engine and get into a full paint job...what are all the clone builders up to .popcrn:

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

thallium

I'm working on my nose cone at the moment.  Just installed studs into the grill trim piece and shaped the grill.  The car has been sitting for about 5 years now.  I just now started back on the project. 

After I finish the grill, I'm going to start sanding to get ready for paint.  I'm sure I'll be asking more questions when I get to body and paint etc. That's pretty much where I'm at right now. Plent of stuff to do.

BigBlockSam

Hey Tabor ! how are ya man ?  good to hear that your back on your daytona . i hope things are well at home .  we've been wondering how you and your car have been  :boogie::cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Where have you been?
What were you thinking?
We've been worried sick about you.
Don't do that again. :icon_smile_big:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

A383Wing

Mines done...drive it all over the place....

thallium

Quote from: hotrod98 on May 29, 2009, 10:39:02 PM
Where have you been?
What were you thinking?
We've been worried sick about you.
Don't do that again. :icon_smile_big:

Ya it's been a couple years! All is well now and the daytona is in the garage where I can work on it. I went through a bunch of crap, but it was my own doing. All is well now and I'm back on track and working the daytona. I'm going to need your guys help and will be calling on your expertise.

A383wing.  I love the color.  I must of changed my mind on the color at least a hundred times already

A383Wing

Quote from: thallium on May 30, 2009, 12:52:23 AM

A383wing.  I love the color.  I must of changed my mind on the color at least a hundred times already

The wife picked the color..it's her car....she just lets me drive it and work on it from time to time

BigBlockSam

QuoteThe wife picked the color..it's her car....she just lets me drive it and work on it from time to time

and what do you do for her  :scratchchin:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

A383Wing

Quote from: BigBlockSam on May 30, 2009, 07:04:54 PM
QuoteThe wife picked the color..it's her car....she just lets me drive it and work on it from time to time

and what do you do for her  :scratchchin:

Anything she "asks" me to do  :D

BigBlockSam

A383Wing

BigBlockSam

your giving yourself way to much credit  :D  :cheers:

hotrod98

The only thing that I've done to my car lately is remove the new hollow wing to be painted. The car is still sitting up in the storage building along with other projects waiting to be completed. I keep toying with the idea of flattening the clearcoat on the car and the wing. Probably won't do that, but you never know. I kinda like Mr. Angrier.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteThe only thing that I've done to my car lately is remove the new hollow wing to be painted. The car is still sitting up in the storage building along with other projects waiting to be completed. I keep toying with the idea of flattening the clearcoat on the car and the wing. Probably won't do that, but you never know. I kinda like Mr. Angrier.

DUDE! , sell me the car . ...........i gotta take it out of it's misery .that's a sad picture . :rotz:

hotrod98

I've been busy trying to make enough money to finish up the Daytona clone and start on the Superbird clone. You should see how messy my shop is. My shop is usually nice and neat but there hasn't been any spare time left in the day to straighten it up.
I've been mainly working on the hemi GTX this week since it has to be finished in time for the Nats. I've also been painting parts for three different cars this week so I've spent quite a bit of time in the booth. As soon as the GTX is complete, I'll jump back on the black 69 runner, then the cloner.

Don't worry, I'll have the tona finished by the end of the year.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

i dig the size of your shop

Blown70

Have wing no, nose yet.   time, and $$ plus other project.  I have everything for the wing braces, etc..... will take some time and not sure the direction for sure........meaning how much of a hot rod....it will be

Tom

hotrod98

Quote from: BigBlockSam on May 31, 2009, 10:12:47 AM
i dig the size of your shop

What your seeing is about 3/4 of the shop. The paint booth is behind me in the pic. I've already run out of room in all three buildings. I need to sell a couple of cars to make more room.

Here's a couple of pics of the back shop.

Charles Addams

hotrod98

Here's a couple of pics of the front shop and my small original shop. I started the resto on the 70 Challenger convertible in that little shop over 10 years ago. That's when I decided that I was going to need a bigger shop. Outgrew the front ship in about two years and then decided to build the back shop three years ago. That's enough buildings.
At the time I built the Challenger, it never dawned on me that the sale of the Chally would net me enough cash to build the back shop.

Charles Addams

hotrod98

Back to the subject of the thread.
Here's another pic of the clone showing how much dust has accumulated since putting it in storage. I need to get it out and wash it.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

your little shop would be perfect for me   :pity:

A383Wing

Quote from: hotrod98 on May 31, 2009, 11:18:15 AM
Back to the subject of the thread.
Here's another pic of the clone showing how much dust has accumulated since putting it in storage. I need to get it out and wash it.

You need to get it done and take it out and drive it... we ain't getting any younger here waitin' on you  :nana:

moparstuart

have not done anythinng on mine lately

did sell my solid dane wing and order a new hollow one from dane
he has my deposit and says late june maybe ? 

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52298.0.html

the birdible is done and running great
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE