News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chrysler 300 seats in a 3rd Gen

Started by Bob, May 26, 2009, 08:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Well, I did it. I installed working power driver and passenger seats from a Chrysler 300 and a center console from a S10, no shift hole or p/brake hole, just a straight console. Console and seat colors match. Some will say it's not original and looks like crap. With my bad back those electric seats are awesome.
Here is what I did. Oh yea, the whole conversion including seats and console cost 25$
The back seat will be another project.
When looking from the outside of the car you can't tell that there is more green in the car.
In the pics the console and seat color seem to be off a bit. Up close you can't tell. In the pics the seats and console have not been cleaned yet.
It was great sitting there and going through the 8 way settings.
My wife loved her seat also.
The seat belts are still the original and fit right in. Originally it had a bench seat.
Now I have a tranny leak. That's in another area though.

Ghoste

Even though they aren't my personal taste they do look like they fit in there pretty well and if having the modern seats allows you to drive the car more with your back, then it's all good.

73chgrSE

Looks comfy! and now you have a drink holder too!

Bob

Quote from: 73chgrSE on May 26, 2009, 08:35:34 AM
Looks comfy! and now you have a drink holder too!

Ah yes, the drink holder. Now I don't have to hold it in crotch.  :smilielol: :smilielol:

Bob

Quote from: Ghoste on May 26, 2009, 08:35:12 AM
Even though they aren't my personal taste they do look like they fit in there pretty well and if having the modern seats allows you to drive the car more with your back, then it's all good.

Not 100% mine either but 25$ and a Cadillac feel, not bad. When adjusted to fit my back it was almost heaven.

Bob

I just remembered I had a friend in the upholstery business and gave him call a little while ago. He said the vinyl/leather spray paints will do fine but with daily use it will wear off over the years. Occasional driving he said will last years. He stated they came a long way on those types of paints. I think I will do the console first and then the seats. He recomended a shop about 10 miles from me that will custom blend and put in a spray can.
I know this sounds like a lot of work but when I figure it would cost me:
200$ for original buckets needing covers.
200$ pluss for covers.
300$ for a decent original console and then have to switch to floor shift.
I'm way ahead and once the colors match I think it will turn out great.

GN

The cup holder, what a great idea!

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Ghoste on May 26, 2009, 08:35:12 AM

:iagree:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Bob

With much thought and consideration I decided to go back to the bench. Installed it last night.