News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1/2 price new cars????

Started by wordslikebullets, May 27, 2009, 07:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wordslikebullets

Is it true that the 700+ dealers that are going out of biz are cutting prices that deep just to get out from the deal?  I read somewhere about that today.  It said they have until June 9th does that mean RT Chargers, SRT Chargers and Trucks too?  If I could get one that cheep I would do it.  They even said that there was 4000+ 2008's that they were going to be taking offers on...is that crazy or what?  If any one knows anything or know of a dealer that is having a fire sale let us know...
I Love Chargers Yes I Do....I love Charger How Bout You

Ghoste

They sure aren't around here.  The Pontiac dealer is getting closed but he remains a GM franchise until 2010 and during the interim he will be opening his new dealership... selling Nissans! ::)  Good move GM. 
I haven't heard of either of the Chrysler dealers local to me getting closed as yet but I do know that one of them is branching out into Mazda's and he already has a Kia joint opened up so I guess the Asian invasion is nearly complete.

Silver R/T

Does anyone know if Antichrist will be Japanese/Asian? lol jk.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

mauve66

united dodge down the street is closing june 9th but they aren't selling anything for half price, what ever doesn't sell will just be transfered over to the other dealerships in town, that whole "we have to sell them at auction" thing is a farce, just like if your looking for a particular model/color/options car and your dealer doesn't have it, they just get it from a delaer who does, don't believe the hype, its just hype
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

GN

But what about the $4500 min trade for your 18mpg and lower milage car? Is it still in congress?

NHCharger

As of June 9 those dealerships will lose their dealers license and will be forbidden to sell any new Dodge vehicle. Sen. Rockerfeller is going to sponsor a bill to force Chrysler to let those dealers sell off their inventory or buy back the unsold cars.

An interesting side note to this. A group has been studying why these dealers have been giving the ax, especially the ones that turn a profit each year. So far every dealer but one has donated money to the opposing party of the current party in the white house.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

68charger383

This dealer always seems to be giving them away.

http://gochampiondodge.reachlocal.net/site_specials.cfm

He sold off the 08 SRT8 Chargers for $32K

He has 09 R/Ts for $23,998 (I guess your charger would get you the loyalty $1K)

I remember last month they were like $22K with the employee ++

I can get you a 2009 Mustang GT for $19,998 which is almost 1/2 off

If he would sell the challenger R/Ts for this price I'd already have one!
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Ponch ®

Quote from: 68charger383 on May 28, 2009, 10:28:00 PM
This dealer always seems to be giving them away.

http://gochampiondodge.reachlocal.net/site_specials.cfm

He sold off the 08 SRT8 Chargers for $32K

He has 09 R/Ts for $23,998 (I guess your charger would get you the loyalty $1K)

I remember last month they were like $22K with the employee ++

I can get you a 2009 Mustang GT for $19,998 which is almost 1/2 off

If he would sell the challenger R/Ts for this price I'd already have one!

I've talked to a lot of guys from the local Challenger club and they all seem to be in agreeance that Champion Dodge is the absolute worst dealership in SoCal to try and go buy a Challenger. They have 10-15 on the lot and they refuse to deal on them.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Tilar

Quote from: NHCharger on May 28, 2009, 08:18:03 PM
As of June 9 those dealerships will lose their dealers license and will be forbidden to sell any new Dodge vehicle. Sen. Rockerfeller is going to sponsor a bill to force Chrysler to let those dealers sell off their inventory or buy back the unsold cars.

An interesting side note to this. A group has been studying why these dealers have been giving the ax, especially the ones that turn a profit each year. So far every dealer but one has donated money to the opposing party of the current party in the white house.

That's very interesting, But it doesn't surprise me.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

jb666

Last month our local news station did a story on a local Dodge dealership that was clearing out their left-over 2009 trucks. They had a sticker of $32k and were selling them for $17k first come first serve.

I tell you if I wanted a new (Dodge) truck I'd have bought one that weekend!!!!

A buddy of mine just picked up an '09 Mustang GT for short $$ after "rebates" and discounts. He stole the thing.