News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Free to a good home (aka Pay it Forward)

Started by Neal_J, May 27, 2009, 07:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Khyron on July 23, 2009, 10:56:37 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on July 23, 2009, 05:38:59 PM

Somebody will stuff a shit bomb in his mailbox.  :fireangry:

I'll do it, I think I have a hot one in the chamber :lol:

Bombs away!  :smilielol:

bmoparmofo

That sucks, sorry to hear it. lil wendal hooked me up when he was doing something similar. I made sure to cover it asap and put a few extra bucks in to cover the paypal fee. Its unfortunate that you found one of the bad guys out there. Shame on him for it. :slap:
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

Neal_J

In fairness, I don't know that he's really a bad guy.  It's likely that, like many of us, he's meant to get around to it just hasn't. 

One previous post of his contained several reasons but, really, how hard is it to put a check in an envelope?   

Whatever. 

FLG

Quote from: Neal_J on July 24, 2009, 12:54:09 AM
In fairness, I don't know that he's really a bad guy.  It's likely that, like many of us, he's meant to get around to it just hasn't. 

One previous post of his contained several reasons but, really, how hard is it to put a check in an envelope?   

Whatever. 

Neal,

He needs about 1 minute to write the check and put it in the envelope and then depending on where he lives either walking to the mail box or letting the mail man deal with it. He should have had the check mailed the day you told him the price of shipping.

Wonder how he's gonna feel asking for any more help on here?

C_stripes

It's sad guys, but I think some of you are being a little harsh. Sorry that you didn't get your money. He may have things going on that he can't deal with this right now. I think he should at least man up and be honest with Neal, but what he and Neal say is really none of the rest of our business. I think that we should be a little more respectful of him. I mean, how many of you have never been late on a bill or something. It isn't right for him to not offer an explanation! Bud, if you read this. Just pay. It's not that hard. $20 is easy to find.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

mikepmcs

Quote from: C_stripes on July 24, 2009, 01:07:31 AM
It's sad guys, but I think some of you are being a little harsh. Sorry that you didn't get your money. He may have things going on that he can't deal with this right now. I think he should at least man up and be honest with Neal, but what he and Neal say is really none of the rest of our business. I think that we should be a little more respectful of him. I mean, how many of you have never been late on a bill or something. It isn't right for him to not offer an explanation! Bud, if you read this. Just pay. It's not that hard. $20 is easy to find.

I disagree.  Needs to be addressed and if us guilting/pushing him to pay aids in the process then so be it.  Neal can just sit back and say nothing, we'll do the work and Neal will get his money(I know not the point, but it still needs to happen).  It is our business because he is a member here and we might have to deal with him in the future.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

69*F5*SE

Actually, maybe I could get him to just ship me the seat foams since I could use them and then I can just pay him for shipping..............  :hah:  maybe.   I'd also pay Neal what he is out.  The foams are worth it.   :Twocents:

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on July 24, 2009, 06:16:59 AM
Actually, maybe I could get him to just ship me the seat foams since I could use them and then I can just pay him for shipping..............  :hah:  maybe.   I'd also pay Neal what he is out.  The foams are worth it.   :Twocents:

Maybe r_biccum could send you the seat foams and you could just pay Neal_J!   :icon_smile_big:   :icon_smile_big:   :angel:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Khyron

Quote from: Neal_J on July 24, 2009, 12:54:09 AM

Whatever. 

My guess is less time the packing and sending the parts.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

C_stripes

Quote from: mikepmcs on July 24, 2009, 06:03:17 AM
Quote from: C_stripes on July 24, 2009, 01:07:31 AM

I disagree.  Needs to be addressed and if us guilting/pushing him to pay aids in the process then so be it.  Neal can just sit back and say nothing, we'll do the work and Neal will get his money(I know not the point, but it still needs to happen).  It is our business because he is a member here and we might have to deal with him in the future.

I never said it didn't need to be addressed, I was only saying how everyone is being a bit harsh on him. If I came back to a board and saw everyone talking like this about me, I would say good riddance and probably not worry about paying. Hell, I would already be the bad guy whether I pay or not. When I said what him and Neal say is only their business, I was meaning if he calls Neal and gives him a legit reason why he isn't paying. If it's something bogus like he had to take is friends out to McDonald's or something, OK. That should be said. But if he calls and says, hey, my wife was in a car accident and got killed. That should stay between them. He is in the wrong no matter how you look at it. But some of you are making yourselves look like school children by how your acting. I know I have done it in the past too. So no need to bring that up.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

69*F5*SE

Maybe everyone is jumping to a conclusion. It does happen.  For me, in an earlier post I did say that Neal will probably receive payment.  It just hasn't been in a timely manner.  I myself believe he will pay Neal.  Let's hope nothing bad happened to anyone. 

Ghoste

I hope so too even though it's been nearly two weeks since it was supposed to be mailed out Priority Post.  Life can throw a lot of bad curves your way but he was on here as recently as this morning so perhaps contacting Neal off thread is at least in order?

Neal_J

Some contact, PM or post, would be nice but neither have happened. 

I too hope nothing untoward has happened, as I see he's not posted here since July 10th.  However, for reference, I sent the seat foam via Priority Mail fully two months ago.   

For the last time, whatever.

Ghoste

If you can log on to see what's going on you should be able to make some sort of contact?

69*F5*SE

Damn, I sure could've used those foams if I haven't said that enough already. But, I'm going give r_biccum the benefit of the doubt and assume he'll pay up with explanation to Neal as to why it took him so long.  This may get worked out through PM's between the two.   :popcrn:

r_biccum

Whoa whoa whoa. Before everyone jumps down my throat on this one, I am very greatful for what neal did. I think it was a very selfless act and hope it does not stop. HOWEVER, I do not get items sent directly to  my house, as I just bought a house and was moving at the time. Therefore, when neal asked for my address, I specifically put my name, address, and PHONE NUMBER so the post office could call me. I waited for a call for over a month, and I had no idea it was there the whole time. I finally did get a hold of neal, found out he did not put the number on the box, called the post office, and they were just about to return to sender. I had them hold it for one more week (at a cost, of course) and just picked it up a few days ago. I havent even had a chance to open the box yet. Now, out of good faith, I did mail neal a check as soon as the post office confirmed the box was there (after he provided his address for me via a PM). Im assuming because it has to cross the boarder (im canadian) that it is taking a little longer. Neal is quoted as saying "please pay me back the shipping charges when you recieve the item". That is exactly what I did. How the hell was I supposed to know where to mail a check without the return address?? Again, I want to thank neal for his generousity, but also slap him on the wrist for not following my instructions for shipping and now making me look like an a**hole.
1969 Dodge Charger SE 383 727 #'s matching with original 8 track
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
2003 Hummer H2

mauve66

hey man, someone stole the door off you car..........................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Tilar

Quote from: r_biccum on July 25, 2009, 09:40:45 AM
Therefore, when neal asked for my address, I specifically put my name, address, and PHONE NUMBER so the post office could call me. I waited for a call for over a month,

I'm not going to jump on anyones bandwagon, but from that statement I can tell you that I would NOT have put your phone number on any package unless you specifically asked to do that. To me it's just not a good practice.

The first guy posted that he got his stuff within 5 days of the original post. I'd think that 2 weeks would be max to at least send him a PM to be sure it wasnt lost in the mail.

Sounds like a big misunderstanding to me... Maybe on both parts.   :shruggy:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Brock Samson

i think it's just Neal J.s' Karma...  :lol:

Ghoste

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 25, 2009, 11:58:22 AM
i think it's just Neal J.s' Karma...  :lol:

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Well, it all looked to have worked out so :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69*F5*SE

Neal_J

In a word Ryan, Nonsense.

I have all your PMs and you NEVER said to put your phone number on the package.  

Moreover, in the original post I said I did not want to send to anything other than the continental US to avoid any potential international problems.   Funny how you had me send the package to Oroville, WA instead of telling me you live in Canada, eh?  

Oh and great job omitting that you agreed to pay weeks ago in a post here yet your "check" has still not arrived.  Last time I checked, a letter should take about 2 days to get here, not 2 weeks.  Lastly, dude it's been 2 months since I sent you the seat foam free.  Two months.

Nice job pissing in the pool and then trying to blame me for the yellow water.

Never again, bro, never again.

Neal

PS - The karma crack made me chuckle, Dave.  Probably made Chuck do same.

jb666

I'm with Neal on this one, the timing's not right here..  But one thing I want to know, when it's such a small dollar amount (even if it was what was suggested), why wait to send shipping $$ until you got the box??  The day Neal posted that it was shipped out the check should have been sent. One good faith gesture deserves another.  :shruggy: