News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Free to a good home (aka Pay it Forward)

Started by Neal_J, May 27, 2009, 07:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

I agree, I think you're hard on yourself Mike. You do great work!!  :cheers:

mikepmcs

Thank you. Very nice of you to say that.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Neal_J

Your check arrived yesterday, thanks Mike.   

Neal

Neal_J

Well, lesson learned.  While two of the three folks paid the shipping costs immediately for the items I sent free, the third has yet to do so - now fully two months later & despite reminder PMs from me.  

OK, I guess I'll wise up next time and unload extra parts on ebay or Craigslist.  Like I said, lesson learned.

FLG

Too bad neal.

I think we can guess who it was. Shame on him.

Its really sad to see someone take advantage of another persons kindness.

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

jb666

That is bad... I tell ya what, just so it doesn't leave a sour taste in your mouth over this deal, I'll cover the shipping.. I'd hate to see you not extend something like this again because one person couldn't "pay it forward".   :cheers:

jaak

Quote from: Neal_J on July 22, 2009, 05:57:44 PM
Well, lesson learned.  While two of the three folks paid the shipping costs immediately for the items I sent free, the third has yet to do so - now fully two months later & despite several PMs from me. 

OK, I guess I'll wise up next time and unload extra parts on ebay or Craigslist.  Like I said, lesson learned.

Man thats sorry as hell! You do an act of kindness like this and someone sticks you that way.... thats sorry. I Pm'd you about the seat foams you had, but was too late.....I woulda loved to have those.

Can't blame you for never doing this again!

Jason

Blakcharger440

Quote from: FLG on July 22, 2009, 06:30:02 PM
Too bad neal.

I think we can guess who it was. Shame on him.

Its really sad to see someone take advantage of another persons kindness.

Who was it that didnt pay it forward?  :shruggy: 

FLG

Well i personally met mike....hes a great guy, Daytona R/T seems like a cool dude and is here quite a bit...only leaves one other person  :shruggy:

Im with Jeff. What was the cost of shipping? Though im sure you can give a crap about the money....its more on the simple principal.

69*F5*SE

I needed the seat cushions too and would've paid in advance to avoid such a problem.  Especially since they were free.   :Twocents:  I have a feeling you'll receive payment but, it just wasn't in a timely manner.

PocketThunder

Maybe he lost his checkbook in the move and is still looking for it?   :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Neal_J

Quote from: jb666 on July 22, 2009, 08:26:52 PM
That is bad... I tell ya what, just so it doesn't leave a sour taste in your mouth over this deal, I'll cover the shipping.. I'd hate to see you not extend something like this again because one person couldn't "pay it forward".   :cheers:

Jeff, thank you for your generous offer.  Pure class!~

However, as you can attest from your long GL journey, at some point it's not about the cash as much as the principal of the matter.  It makes you wonder about some folks. 

It's just disappointing.

C_stripes

It's nice to see other members messing stuff up for the rest of us.  ::)

I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

Quote from: Khyron on July 23, 2009, 01:04:35 PM
spill it, who was it.
Let me make it into an easy 3 step program for you there Krylon buddy..   :2thumbs:

1) Ummmm  lets see, go here  :scope: > http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,57660.msg642608.html#msg642608
2) look for the seat foam recipient, shouldn't be too hard, even for you..  :slap:
3) bam! you got it!  :icon_smile_big:

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

mauve66

thats why i had to get the shipping up front when i did mine, i knew i couldn't eat the shipping AND the part also, now i'm at the mercy of someone else anyway :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

jb666

Quote from: Neal_J on July 23, 2009, 09:38:09 AM
Quote from: jb666 on July 22, 2009, 08:26:52 PM
That is bad... I tell ya what, just so it doesn't leave a sour taste in your mouth over this deal, I'll cover the shipping.. I'd hate to see you not extend something like this again because one person couldn't "pay it forward".   :cheers:

Jeff, thank you for your generous offer.  Pure class!~

However, as you can attest from your long GL journey, at some point it's not about the cash as much as the principal of the matter.  It makes you wonder about some folks. 

It's just disappointing.

I know it is..  I was doing something similar on the Corvette Forum a couple of years ago.. I offered to send free headliner kits to anyone that wanted them (Just the fabric). I had 3 colors. All I asked was they covered the $3 shipping. People came out of the woodwork for this freebie and I sent over 300 kits out at no charge. Just like your deal, ONE PERSON not only gipped me for shipping, but he complained. All of the others were tickled pink.. But that one person was enough to make me stop the offer and never do it again..

And you're right, it's not the $$ value of the transaction. If it were, you'd have sold the item(s) in the first place, but you did something very generous here and it backfired in your face... That's what pisses me off.. So the offer stands, I'll gladly pay it forward to keep this tradition going  :cheers: :cheers:

Dans 68

I would have the "buyer" pay the postage ahead of time (estimate it in your favor) and let 'er go when you get their payment. Sad fact of life is that a very small percentage of people abuse any system. Don't let them dictate how you live your life.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

69charger2002

he should man up for shipping charges. come on dude, it's the LEAST you can do. he sent you a free item from YEAR ONE! at this point, i would send shipping plus $10 restitution, but then again, i wouldn't be the one in this situation, because if someone does me a favor, i definitely am not going to leave them hanging on something so minute! are you kidding? whoever got those seat foams, MAN UP!
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

jb666

Quote from: 69charger2002 on July 23, 2009, 05:32:38 PM
he should man up for shipping charges. come on dude, it's the LEAST you can do. he sent you a free item from YEAR ONE! at this point, i would send shipping plus $10 restitution, but then again, i wouldn't be the one in this situation, because if someone does me a favor, i definitely am not going to leave them hanging on something so minute! are you kidding? whoever got those seat foams, MAN UP!

Well said..  :cheers: :iagree:

I'm quite sure the answer is in post #1:

1 pair front seat foam (2 buckets), Year One, brand new in box. (Gone to r_biccum)

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from Neal:

"Well, lesson learned.  While two of the three folks paid the shipping costs immediately for the items I sent free, the third has yet to do so. "

As one of the recipients of Neal's generosity, this infuriates me. :flame:

(Thanks again, Neal  ;) :coolgleamA:)

I say post the name, address, phone number and whatever else you have on this deadbeat.  :RantExplode:

Somebody will stuff a shit bomb in his mailbox.  :fireangry:

d/ur/t

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on July 23, 2009, 05:38:59 PM
As one of the recipients of Neal's generosity, this infuriates me. :flame:

(Thanks again, Neal  ;) :coolgleamA:)

I say post the name, address, phone number and whatever else you have on this deadbeat.  :RantExplode:

Somebody will stuff a shit bomb in his mailbox.  :fireangry:

This world we live in is the most amazing place.

Doesn't seem possible to have people ripp you off with the price of parts to now giving them away and the benifactor doesn't sound like he is happy.

I think the seat covers cost me about 300 delivered to australia.

Hope you get you costs back if not let me know I'll send a little something from down under

cheers

Khyron

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on July 23, 2009, 05:38:59 PM

Somebody will stuff a shit bomb in his mailbox.  :fireangry:

I'll do it, I think I have a hot one in the chamber :lol:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.