News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Free to a good home (aka Pay it Forward)

Started by Neal_J, May 27, 2009, 07:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neal_J

A short while ago, someone did a Pay it Forward thread and I thought it was a cool idea but promptly forgot about it.

Earlier this week, I was having some work done in my basement and discovered some interior stuff for my '69 that I've never used, frankly forgotten that I had, and now want to get rid of.  Here's the deal:  1st person to PM me, gets the item.  I will ship it USPS to whatever address you supply (continental US only).  All I ask in return is that you reimburse me for the shipping once you receive the item (if you don't, bad karma will follow you for 7 years).  Oh, only 1 item per customer - because I want to spread the love.

Here's what I have:

1 pair front seat foam (2 buckets), Year One, brand new in box. (Gone to r_biccum)

1 set of carpet, light tan color, also Year One, brand new in box.  (Gone to Daytona R/T SE)

1 used passenger upper door pad, tan color, small tear near wing window.  Includes emblem (Gone to mikepmcs)

If I find anything else, I will update the thread. (Thanks to all that responded.)

Peace.

Neal

jb666

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

teamroth

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

69*F5*SE

Another cool gesture of giving from a member.  Very cool.   :2thumbs:  Wow, new bucket seat pads.  I could've used those. 

aone415

Even tho I cant use any of these things, this is another incredible gesture from a member here... You're a good man Neal

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

squeakfinder

lilwendl and you are top notch people!  :2thumbs:
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Dans 68

Chuck...brand new tan carpet for your '68! Your General will love you! Neal, I will put dibs on it until Mr. April 1st gets to this thread. I'm guessing that it is correct for a General Lee (a '68 edition, that is!  :rofl:)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

BROCK

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

mikepmcs

Nice gesture Neal.  :2thumbs:
I would like to get upper door pads for my Charger and recover them myself.  I don't know if I can find the same material that the hack who put my car together used though.  I was thinking this door pad might be a good way to find out.  So, please, if you still have it I'd like to try.  If it doesn't turn out I will offer it back up for free on the site. 
Thank you for doing this Neal!

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Neal_J

Enjoy the gear, guys.  I will ship Friday via USPS.  When it arrives, please send me a check for the postage on the sticker (my cost).

To those that didn't get stuff, apologies & good luck with your projects.

Best, Neal

PocketThunder

Quote from: Dans 68 on May 27, 2009, 11:09:41 PM
Chuck...brand new tan carpet for your '68! Your General will love you! Neal, I will put dibs on it until Mr. April 1st gets to this thread. I'm guessing that it is correct for a General Lee (a '68 edition, that is!  :rofl:)

Dan

Damn you and your little dog too!   :P    :icon_smile_big:

EDIT: Sorry Dan, i see the future previous owner of my '72 Imperial beat me too it..   :scratchchin:    :icon_smile_big:   :drool5:   :drool5:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 28, 2009, 11:29:00 AM

EDIT: Sorry Dan, i see the future previous owner of my '72 Imperial beat me too it..   :scratchchin:    :icon_smile_big:   :drool5:   :drool5:

:nana: ;)

Daytona R/T SE

Neal, The carpet arrived today !   :2thumbs:

Looks Great!  :coolgleamA:

Thank you very much !  :icon_smile_big: :cheers:

Neal_J

Awesome news, Chris!!  That was fast - I just mailed it Friday from NorCal.

Rather than continue to gather dust in my basement, I'm just glad to get it someone who can use it on a project.  Post a pic sometime, once it's installed!

Cheers!

Neal

jb666

This was very cool. I haven't had a warm feeling like this since the last time I peed my pants  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Seriously though, you have me in the giving mood.. I have a few spare parts I bought over the months that can do someone else some good  :cheers:

r_biccum

Waitin on my seat foam still, but Im really far away, Thanks again Neal!

:cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger SE 383 727 #'s matching with original 8 track
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
2003 Hummer H2

TUFCAT

WOW cool idea.  :cheers:  Kudos to you man!  :2thumbs:

mikepmcs

Thanks Neal.  Received the door pad yesterday and it's perfect for my little experiment.  Hopefully it will be on my Charger someday.  Check mailed this morning. :cheers:

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Neal_J

Great to hear, Mike.  Good luck with the experiment and please post a pic of the results.

Best, Neal

mikepmcs

Neal_J

Mike:

It obviously looks better than it did a week ago - ripped and forgotten in my basement.  What's your opinion of the results and did they meet your expectations?

Mr. Curious

mikepmcs

My expectations weren't too high considering I was a one person show and really couldn't stretch it tight enough.  Also, it's near impossible to duplicate the relief pattern on the old one without a machine of some sort to vac/bond it to the foam.  I got a smidge of detail in there and it looks 100 times better than mine which was ridiculous. It suits my needs and happy with my results and very grateful to you for giving it to me.  I am now looking for a driver side pad to match em up. :2thumbs: :icon_smile_big:  Thanks again

My conclusion is it is a good driver quality job I completed. Only reason I won't go higher than that is because I can't duplicate the design on the pad itself.  It's already on my car. :2thumbs:

Mike

Neal_J

Righteous!!

I'd thought the same thing - it looks 1000 times better!!  Maybe not perfect for high buck resto, but very presentable for a driver.