News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture of alternator brackets for 1970 440 4-speed non-air

Started by troy.70R/T, June 19, 2007, 07:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troy.70R/T

I could also really use a few pictures of some alternator brackerts that would be correct for my 1970 Charger R/T 440 4-barrel 4-speed. Some good pictures of the brackets on the the car as well as one of the brackets off the car if possiable. Thanks for any help. charger.seventy@yahoo.com

Shakey

Welcome to the site.

There may be some photos already posted, if not the 1970ChargerRegistry.com will certainly have what your looking for.  Be patient, poke around a bit here and on the '70 site and when you come back, hopefully some others will have posted some photos for you.

I have some install pics of my '69 440 auto, not sure if they're the same or not, but they're on my other computer anyways.

:cheers:

Charger-Bodie

this is a 68 but im 99% sure they are the same.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

70sixpkrt

You might be able to see it.

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

Shakey

My '69

resq302

There was a good article in Muslce Car Enthusiast July 2007 where Frank Badalson does an article on a correctly restored / detailed 1970 440.  According to the article, the bolts and spacers for the alternator are supposed to be zinc phosphate plated and the brackets were semi flat black and were probably dipped from what I remember.  The alt pully is also supposed to be semi flat black.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

troy.70R/T

Thanks for the pic they really helped. I will ask this guestion seperatly but will ask it here to. Could I get a few more pic of the motor. I need to se how to route my plug wires and witch plug wire holders go where. I have stock manifolds. Thankyou Troy

Chargeraddict

Would I be able to get a measurement for the water pump pulley for this configuration guys?  Any dimensions you can give me would be great. Im having a hell of a time getting my pulleys to line up right. Im pretty certain now I have the wrong water pump pulley and Id like to run a 2 groove water pump and drive my steering pump as well.

maxwellwedge

Power steering uses a double crank pulley, water pump is a single pulley.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: troy.70R/T on June 24, 2007, 11:28:52 AM
Thanks for the pic they really helped. I will ask this guestion seperatly but will ask it here to. Could I get a few more pic of the motor. I need to se how to route my plug wires and witch plug wire holders go where. I have stock manifolds. Thankyou Troy

Here are some pics - 2 different cars - both '69's but 70 is the same.