News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are we EVER going to see the 2010 Charger a 2 door like the new Challenger???

Started by GeneralLeeTESH, May 27, 2009, 05:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeneralLeeTESH

With all the banko going on and HOPES Chrysler will make it-why in HELL don't they get it? We do not WANT their stupid vans, trucks or pathetic gas sippers ! This is what a Toyota or Hyundai is for ! We want MUSCLE cars linke the Superbird-with a HEMI of course and the Daytona-with a HEMI of course built as well as the new Chally !!!  :rotz: :flame: :yesnod: :cheers: :'( :icon_smile_angry:
The TESH

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

chargerhysteria

From what I have read and heard, 2011 is the year to look for changes to the new charger. If you go to chargerforumz.com, there are several different pics.

hotrod98

Probably won't have a hemi since they're phasing them out. They're going to start using a new six cylinder as their premium enigne. And that includes all autos including Challengers and light duty trucks. If anyone wants a Mopar powered by a 5.7 they better act fast. I've been buying up all of the 5.7 drivelines that I can find. The decently priced ones that is.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Brock Samson

OK, so I went over to the chargerforums site and thought it claims to be the "coolist site on the web" it isn't... it's loaded with ads and ads and ads,.. and there's only about at best 3% of actual posts per page,.. so your constantly scrolling past ads and ads and ads and BS comments and Sig's of the posters who say things like the superbird was the first car to break 200 MPH, and they're glad the charger still has four doors and how they love the old (06-09) charger's fourdoor roof line... they are also still going on about three year old photoshops like they will actually be produced, some one also said "a two door Charger is a Challenger"...  :shruggy:
anyhow,..  one interesting pic was on there and i really had to dig to find it... someone who said the picture was lacking detail seemed credable..
seems the neo-charger owners are decrying the rear door hump and think it looks like a mustang and/or an impala...

looking at that site sure makes one appreciate this site, which IS THE BEST SITE ON THE WEB!!!  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

Now the styling of that one looks much less awkward to me than the current version.

Brock Samson

it's lacking the upcomming door scallops and has a forward leaning grill like the new RAM... i think it's only a good photoshop though,.. i don't think the '11 model had actually been built yet,.. i suspect they're just now getting the actuall pre-production car assembled, we should see it in a couple Mos. though... it they can git the interior togeather as has been rumored and loose the pregnant fat girl with celulite sucking on a lemon looks,.. I might concider one... maybe..  :D

4forty

well, well......that doesn't megasuck as much as the current one. aggressive looking

r_biccum

I know Im going to take a lot of flack over this comment, but Im posting it anyway. The "new chargers" arent chargers at all. They are updated intrepids. Chrysler should have left the charger name dead and respected, rather than drag it through the mud with this "new charger". It used to mean muscle car, power, sexy body lines, respect, now it means 4 door, grocery getter, cookie mold car. Why not make a 4 door challenger? Why didnt they bring the K car back and call it challenger? The new challenger is exactly the way it should be. The new charger should have paid omage and respect to the older cars as well. I will never recognize a "new charger" as a charger untill it is a 2 door that looks something like the car it is meant to be.  :Twocents:
1969 Dodge Charger SE 383 727 #'s matching with original 8 track
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
2003 Hummer H2

MichaelRW

A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

r_biccum

1969 Dodge Charger SE 383 727 #'s matching with original 8 track
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
2003 Hummer H2

68charger383

Quote from: 4forty on June 03, 2009, 01:52:55 PM
well, well......that doesn't megasuck as much as the current one. aggressive looking

The one thing I do like about the current charger is the headlights...look mean like a snakes eye, figures they would take that feature away in the new 2010 model.

The current charger has grown on me. But this new one really looks like an intrepid with an aero kit.  :'(
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Rustymuscle

I remember when the first four-door Chargers were announced. In fact, I wrote a very two-faced review of the new Chargers in the very first issue of Mopar Muscle that I was a part of, saying, "It's a fantastic sedan, it just has the wrong name" and wouldn't sell all that well...

I was was proven dead wrong. Charger sales have proven the choice of moniker as a success. While slapping goofy black-out hood decals, wings, and shoulder stripes on wildly hued versions and calling them "Daytonas" and "Super Bees" is a little more insulting to the brand's heritage, I don't find the stealthy SRT-8 an affront to my senses or emotional connection to those of yesteryear.

Here's the problem though, with personal opinion, guys. Everybody's got a different one.

Personally, I think post-1970 Chargers look like shoe horns. I've never liked them and even protested their inclusion (en masse) in the magazine. Of course, I pestered my superior for more B-Bodies, Hemi and 440s, and most importantly, 1960s race cars. If you've paid close attention in MM over the last few years, those categories have been pretty thin.

Word that a "392 (6.4) Hemi with about 450-475 hp and MDS for better gas mileage" is coming is awesome news and should be praised by everyone here. A 475 horsepower Charger hasn't been on the road since 1971 (don't believe the de-tuned 425 hp estimate). Frankly, I'm happy the thing isn't a hatchback, like a Mazda 6 or something.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T, 535ci Wedge, 727 w/ GV, Dana 60
1970 Dodge Super Bee
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT HEMI

FLG

WOW!

Try doing a search on the charger forums...its the most FRUSTRATING thing i have done

And then you see threads like this

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3542&highlight=2+door+charger

and this

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15472&highlight=2+door+charger

Yep apparently all you chally owners just have a poor mans car!  :2thumbs:

elanmars

it sucks, I don't understand...there's mustangs everywhere, mustangs, mustangs, mustangs...and lots of 2 door Hondas and Mitsubishis and such that I see around...

but "apparently" America don't like 2 door cars....WHATever....might as well make a PT Cruiser into a 'Cuda, or say the Avenger is the new Roadrunner....
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

Brock Samson

Quote from: FLG on June 03, 2009, 06:36:52 PM
WOW!

Try doing a search on the charger forums...its the most FRUSTRATING thing i have done

And then you see threads like this

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3542&highlight=2+door+charger

and this

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15472&highlight=2+door+charger

Yep apparently all you chally owners just have a poor mans car!  :2thumbs:

reading those threads is just plain annoying...
the writers must have just fallen off the turnip truck..
  also telling are the huge chevy malibu ads.. lol...
fail.

chargerjy9

actually/ the 2011? Charger does have door scallops, it doesnot have that godawful rear qtr hump, the c pillar is more agressive,  (with a bit of a sail). the head lights less agressive. the plan view bodyside is cokebottlish. and the t/lites go all the way across the rear
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

Ghoste

Quote from: Rustymuscle on June 03, 2009, 05:09:10 PMI was was proven dead wrong. Charger sales have proven the choice of moniker as a success. 

I've said it before but if the sales of the thing are so great why is the company tanking?  It sells okay comparatively because what other choices are there in it's size and price class?  They could have named it the Dodge Squarebox and the numbers would be about the same and I doubt that 90% of the people who buy it are doing so just based on the name.  Some are but most couldn't care less.  It's also important when you look at those "great" sales numbers to remember the fleet sales that GM and Ford handed them. (esp. police)

bull

Quote from: Rustymuscle on June 03, 2009, 05:09:10 PMI was was proven dead wrong. Charger sales have proven the choice of moniker as a success. 

BFD. :shruggy: It doesn't sell as well as the Camry, Accord, Impala, Focus, Altima, Prius, Malibu, Fusion, BMW 3-Series, Sonata and Pontiac G-6 (and probably more), so in the four door sedan category it's a joke too. Every way you look at it it's a joke.

Brock Samson

bull

Quote from: Brock Samson on June 04, 2009, 09:58:46 PM
So Bull, I'm guessing you don't much care for it then?..  :popcrn:

Wow! It's like you can read the thoughts inside my head? Are you a wizard? :nana:

Ghoste

Hey Bull, it may interest you (or it may not) to know that their is supposed to be a guy somewhere in my vicinity who has taken a 68 Charger body and dropped it onto an 07 Charger chassis.  I've been chasing this phantom for a couple of weeks now trying to get pics but no luck as yet.

bull

Quote from: Ghoste on June 04, 2009, 11:35:32 PM
Hey Bull, it may interest you (or it may not) to know that their is supposed to be a guy somewhere in my vicinity who has taken a 68 Charger body and dropped it onto an 07 Charger chassis.  I've been chasing this phantom for a couple of weeks now trying to get pics but no luck as yet.

Yes, that would interest me. Albeit an elimination of much nostalgia it could be considered the best of both worlds, and a major improvement in the looks dept. for the '07.