News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is my woodruff key still in my crankshaft snout?

Started by WH23G3G, May 25, 2009, 03:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

I don't remember removing a woodruff key out of the crankshaft when I took the balancer off. But that was years ago. Now I'm putting the damper back on the crankshaft snout and I'm not even sure if what I'm seeing is the crankshaft key that's still stuck in the snout. There is a raised straight line coming out of the crankshaft snout, not a hole. Is this the crankshaft key still stuck in there or just the way the crank is made? I stopped tightening the damper until I figure this out because then it will be so hard to get the crank bolt off again. Is there suppose to be a crank key that I push in through the damper? If that's the crank key still stuck in the crankshaft snout it didn't come out the whole time I had the engine apart even at the machine shop. Because once I tighten up the crank bolt if the key isn't in there then I'll be screwed.

GreenMachine

If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.