News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do you believe this?

Started by Hemidog, May 23, 2009, 06:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidog

These decals doesn't look like they will look any good on the heater panel switches.
The after picture looks like they were refaced, and not with these decals.
Asked the seller this, and he assured me that the after picture was the product of these decals.

What do you think? too good to be true right?

b5blue

Think they would hold up in use? Are they "stickers" or "decals" (I would think "decals" too flimsy)  :scratchchin:

moparjohn

I did it on my car over 2 years ago and they look great. They do not show any wear as of yet.
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

mikepmcs

Can't be the same.  Let's take the "OFF" for example.  Look at the positioning of the word on the sticker itself on the top ones, and then look at how high the "off" is on the original/after picture.  No way that is the same exact set.  The "off" in the first picture would have to be up a bunch higher.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Hemidog

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 23, 2009, 08:49:40 AM
Can't be the same.  Let's take the "OFF" for example.  Look at the positioning of the word on the sticker itself on the top ones, and then look at how high the "off" is on the original/after picture.  No way that is the same exact set.  The "off" in the first picture would have to be up a bunch higher.

That's excactly what I was thinking, the seller must be lying. Besides, wrapping these decals around the buttons won't look good, and the words will be too far downwards compared to the original.

Hemidog

Quote from: moparjohn on May 23, 2009, 08:09:40 AM
I did it on my car over 2 years ago and they look great. They do not show any wear as of yet.

Could you get me a picture John?

Just 6T9 CHGR

I have done mine 10+ years ago with no trouble as of yet.  I got mine from Performance Car Graphics....I would not trust anyone else  :Twocents:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

b5blue

WOW LOOK AT THE DASH ON THAT ONE GUYS!!  :2thumbs:

Hemidog

Quote from: b5blue on May 23, 2009, 09:24:09 PM
Yeah, Chris thinks he's better than everyone else  :nana:

Bought a set from Performance Car Graphics instead, the price wasn't half bad, worth a shot.

BB1

How come you have A/C and no A/C vent Chris?  :scope:
Delete my profile

b5blue

And is that a "rear defrost" switch too! (nice!)

resq302

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on May 23, 2009, 08:17:17 PM
I have done mine 10+ years ago with no trouble as of yet.  I got mine from Performance Car Graphics....I would not trust anyone else  :Twocents:

Same decals used on mine only for a non-a/c car.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

1969chargerrtse

I think I talked to him about that once, his car is a A/C car but he doesn't like the A/C vent look, or hoses around the engine, so he removed them.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

resq302

I thought it was cause the A/C didnt work.  Chris, care to shed some light on this?
Brian

Hemidog

My A/C don't work, but it's still nice to have these vents for hot and outside air!
Do non A/C car only have defrost vents and underdash vents? all new cars have vents in the dash...

resq302

Yup, non a/c cars got the heater vents that go out on either side in front of the console (or hump if you have a buddy seat) and the defrost vents in the dash by the windshield.  Non-air cars also got vent cables that worked the fresh air vent on the driver side by the parking brake pedal and the pass side by the kick panel.  Both were controlled by cables.
Brian

Just 6T9 CHGR

Ne
Quote from: Hemidog on May 24, 2009, 03:58:26 AM
Quote from: b5blue on May 23, 2009, 09:24:09 PM
Yeah, Chris thinks he's better than everyone else  :nana:

Hmmm...how do you figure?   You asked for a pic & an opinion so I delivered :shruggy: 

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

I think he's just yanking your chain Chris, you know how those Hemi and Six Pack owners are always trying to make the rest of us feel bad.  ;)

Hemidog

It was just a joke Chris, You're car is so nice, so whenever I see a picture of the details, I get jealous  :yesnod: