News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Attaching console door striker

Started by E5 Charger, May 20, 2009, 10:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E5 Charger

I'm putting together a used console that I bought for my 74, that didn't have one, and I'm having trouble with the striker for the console door. The holes are too big for the only screw that I have left over. Should there be a plate or nuts on the other side? Or am I missing larger screws for it. Here is a photo of what I have left over.

maxwellwedge

If it is anything like a 70-71 E-Body, there should be 2 holes in the console wall that the wire latch screws into with screws that go thru the loops.

E5 Charger

There are two holes, but they are too big for the screw I have. Is this the wrong screw?

maxwellwedge

Hard to tell....Are the holes "hogged-out" or do they look normal? If they look ok go with the next size up screws. I'll check one of mine this weekend and let you know.

E5 Charger

Someone posted a pic on the 3rd gen site. There should be a plate behind it. I just made up something and attached it.