News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear Sholder belts for 70 Charger

Started by Kiwi383, May 22, 2009, 06:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwi383

Hi All
I was wondering if anyone had fitted rear sholder belts to their  70 charger.I want to fit them to mine and any info or pics would be of great help before I start.

Thanks ...Paul

maxwellwedge

The option number on the buildsheet is C14 - Not sure if offered on Chargers (probably) but rarer than rare on an E-Body. If they were optional on a Charger they would be extremely rare as well. This all for reference only but just trying to say you probably wont find factory parts - you would need to McGiver something from a later model car.

Dodge Don

Quote from: maxwellwedge on May 22, 2009, 10:06:01 PM
The option number on the buildsheet is C14 - Not sure if offered on Chargers (probably)

Yes the C14 option was indeed available on 70 Chargers and yes it was very rare. Only 9 70 R/Ts had them and 27 500s.

Kiwi383

Thanks guys, wow that is rare. In New Zealand we have to have them by law so I just wanted to see if anybody had done this so I could see where the best place is to mount them.I have found the pre made area where the belt would come through on the parcel shelf but it is always easier if you can see what someone else has done.So if anyone has ever fitted some ,some pics would be of help.I do have the factory booklet for 70 and it does say they were an option for 70.

Dodge Don

Kiwi383

Hi Don
Thanks for that link. Part of it is no longer active but I can see the pic of the 68 belt.I wanted to put in the retractable ones maybe mounted under the parcel tray.I've been having a browse around the site and man you are doing one hell of a nice job.I cant wait for an update.My car was mostly rust free but im not going to the standard you have gone too.I dont have the time or the money to do that.But its nice to see some one do what I would like to do.