News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sold my Charger!

Started by keepat, May 19, 2009, 09:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepat

Went out to the big car show in Ocean City MD this past weekend and this guy just had to have my car so he showed up Monday with cash (will just leave at cash) and off it goes! It was time, I built the car over 3 years ago and I'm just about finish with my 72 Pontiac T/A and I need to make room for the next project.     
Pat

SnoPro440

That's one of my favorite Chargers.  I'm sad to see that you sold it.  Are there any plans in the future for another?
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

keepat

There will be another Charger! I'm thinking a Daytona clone with a 6.1 hemi! But 1st  a cool car for my wife (old dodge woody)
Thanks!
Pat 

squeakfinder

Was that your first 68? I sold mine. It wasn't nearly as nice, but I had another one sitting next to my shop and decided to put it back together afterwords. It just didn't seem wright not having one.

But it's still understandable to me what you did. You can't drive them all.

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

FLG

WOW!

I can deff understand....everyone has there price.

You put alot of work into that car i remember looking at pics and gawking about how clean and sharp it was.

Good luck on your next project...keep us updated!!

aone415

:'( :'(sad to see it go... your car was definitely an inspiration... congrats on the sale tho!

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

69bronzeT5

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Pat, your '68 is truly one of my favorite Chargers EVER. I was soooo confused on what colour scheme to do for my '69 but after seeing yours, I automatically fell in love and that was it for me. I was hooked on that colour scheme. I'm gonna miss her. Also, a huge thanks for all the help you've given me when it comes to planning my '69. I hope you like my car when it's done.  :2thumbs: It'll basically be the same as yours...but in '69 form, black interior and a 383 ;) Also, when you get the chance, could you please email me all the pictures you have of it? :)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

CB

Good luck with the future projects.
Did you tell the new owner about joining this board? (so we know how she's doing?)
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Supercharged Riot

what state do you live in?  THat looks like a nice neighborhood. 

Where'd you get those new magnum 500's from?

G-man

I hope you didn't take a cent under 70k for that...

selling a perfect car/charger for projects? that i cant comprehend  :slap:

Projects to me suck because who in there right mind would have their charger off road until its ready over a charger that works right now? (that's why I can not understand)

Don't go throwing stones now cause many on here are out of their mind  :pity:

btw - I always loved your car :icon_smile_big:. Shame its gone  :-\

mopar0166

glad to hear you went, how did you like it?   i thought the mopar representation was much better then last spring. 

keepat

Quote from: squeakfinder on May 19, 2009, 09:20:45 PM
Was that your first 68? I sold mine. It wasn't nearly as nice, but I had another one sitting next to my shop and decided to put it back together afterwords. It just didn't seem wright not having one.

But it's still understandable to me what you did. You can't drive them all.

Yes my 1st but not the last!
Thanks!

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 19, 2009, 11:21:19 PM

Pat, your '68 is truly one of my favorite Chargers EVER. I was soooo confused on what colour scheme to do for my '69 but after seeing yours, I automatically fell in love and that was it for me. I was hooked on that colour scheme. I'm gonna miss her. Also, a huge thanks for all the help you've given me when it comes to planning my '69. I hope you like my car when it's done.  :2thumbs: It'll basically be the same as yours...but in '69 form, black interior and a 383 ;) Also, when you get the chance, could you please email me all the pictures you have of it? :)

Cody,

I have some cool pic that I will send you along with some of the garage!
Thanks!

Quote from: CB on May 19, 2009, 11:42:25 PM
Good luck with the future projects.
Did you tell the new owner about joining this board? (so we know how she's doing?)
CB

Yes! but I'm not sure he much of a online guy??
Thanks!

Quote from: Supercharged Riot on May 20, 2009, 12:34:06 AM
what state do you live in?  THat looks like a nice neighborhood. 

Where'd you get those new magnum 500's from?

I live in Maryland and I bought the wheels from http://wheelvintiques.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/page8.html
Thanks!

Quote from: G-man on May 20, 2009, 07:18:46 AM
I hope you didn't take a cent under 70k for that...

selling a perfect car/charger for projects? that i cant comprehend  :slap:

Projects to me suck because who in there right mind would have their charger off road until its ready over a charger that works right now? (that's why I can not understand)

Don't go throwing stones now cause many on here are out of their mind  :pity:

btw - I always loved your car :icon_smile_big:. Shame its gone  :-\

To me the best part of owning the car was putting it together. After the 1st year of showing it and driving its no fun after that, I need something to do!
Thanks!

Quote from: mopar0166 on May 20, 2009, 07:49:30 AM
glad to hear you went, how did you like it?   i thought the mopar representation was much better then last spring. 

Camaros, Chevelles, & 55 Chevys made up over 50% of the 3000 cars but yes Mopar had a good showing! Fun drive down (125 miles 1 way) and a great show!
Thanks!

Pat

PocketThunder

Damn dude.  I know what you mean about wanting a fresh project to work on.  I did the same thing last year. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69*F5*SE

Beautiful Charger to let go but, it was time I guess.  Congrats on your sale.  I'm sure it was substantial   :yesnod:

gordo1968charger

hope you got top dollar as your car was fantastic(understatement!)
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 20, 2009, 09:31:12 AM
Damn dude.  I know what you mean about wanting a fresh project to work on.  I did the same thing last year. 

I do not want another project...   have my hands full with the three I have plus doing restorations for a living...    gets kinda old.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

PocketThunder

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on May 20, 2009, 12:16:11 PM

I do not want another project...   have my hands full with the three I have plus doing restorations for a living...    gets kinda old.

I agree.  Thats why i'm down to just one car now one one money pit.   :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69bronzeT5

Quote from: keepat on May 20, 2009, 08:22:12 AM

Cody,

I have some cool pic that I will send you along with some of the garage!
Thanks!

Thanks Pat :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TUFCAT

THAT buyer was very LUCKY!

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 20, 2009, 12:39:37 PM
Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on May 20, 2009, 12:16:11 PM

I agree.  Thats why i'm down to just one car now one one money pit.   :Twocents:
i like to play the field , only have like 10 project now ,  OH and 750 cars

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mikesbbody

Sorry to hear you sold your Charger Pat  :'( always a favourite of mine (and Im a third gen guy) at least your getting somthing else.  :2thumbs:

chargerrt

Sad to see it go.  :'(  It was one of my faves for sure.  Is there any way you could hook me up with pics of it too?  I'd greatly appreciate it!

1970Moparmann

Sometimes it just time to go.  A good friend of mine loves restoring cars, and would rather work on one then driving one.  Sometimes a person just needs to mix things up.  Hope it worked out for you Pat........ Any pictures of your project?
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

NYCMille

NOOOOOOOOOO!! Dude, that was one of my favorite cars.... so sad to see it go, but hey, if the money talked then the Charger walked...  :2thumbs:

Neal_J

Beautiful car, I can understand why someone would really want it.  Congrats!

OneofNoneRT

1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

68charger383

If the guy had to have it, he had to have it + now you have room for the new Camaro  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

69chargerboy

Ahhh, That hurts me too, your look of the 68 inspired me to do the same.........................  :icon_smile_sad: :bawling:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

Manfred318

Wow what a nice car. Shame to see it go but at least it will be going to another good home :2thumbs:.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

keepat

Hey guys I miss the car too! :'( But I do look forward to building another! :cheers:
I got some good news; I sold my Charger at a big 3 day car show (Cruisin Ocean City) and one of the organizer stop by my office to give me an award my Charger had won! I was disappointed not seeing my number on their web site as it would have been the 1st show the car didn't win something. The show accepted the award for me, and so my number was not on the list. Over 3000 cars and registered and there are only about 120 award

I also received an email from my dealer that my Camaro shipped out last Friday. IT'S ABOUT TIME GM! :slap:

Thanks all! :cheers:

Pat 

ChgrSteve67

Mustang, Challenger, Camero.

That explains it.