News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any Of You Guys Go To These Lengths When Washing Your Car?

Started by JMF, May 19, 2009, 11:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68charger383

This guy needs to find a girlfriend to help spend his money and use up his time.  :slap:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Brock Samson

Old Moparz

I know the whole argument about "It's his money & he can spend it whatever way he wants" but there is absolutely no reason on this planet that wax should cost thousands of dollars unless it'll prevent damages from being broadsided by a freakin' train.   ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: Old Moparz on May 22, 2009, 11:49:43 AM
I know the whole argument about "It's his money & he can spend it whatever way he wants" but there is absolutely no reason on this planet that wax should cost thousands of dollars unless it'll prevent damages from being broadsided by a freakin' train.   ::)

For that price you should only need to rub the bottle and a genie pops out, services you, and then waxes the car!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

FLG

The only way i see that wax being worth it is if you do it for a living and wax ALOT of cars...over time the free refills need to add up  :shruggy:

wordslikebullets

did you see my post with the video?  This guy most likely get between $1500-2500 to detail one car and if that is his job of detailing high end cars then to purchas that wax becuse of free refils would be great right?  It is silly becuse we have a wax that is $12 dollars that actuly looks better than that 8k wax for sure...
I Love Chargers Yes I Do....I love Charger How Bout You

FLG

Not to change the topic but what wax would you recommend for black cars??

I have trouble finding good wax for black.

jb666

WOW that is anal!!!!!! I owned/ran a detailing shop for almost 10 years. I thought I was a bit crazy when I bought a drying unit for cars/bikes. It resembles a canister vac but has a 2 stage 8HP motor. I still have/use it. Watching the neighbors walk by as I'm drying my car is a riot.

jb666

Quote from: FLG on May 22, 2009, 05:00:37 PM
Not to change the topic but what wax would you recommend for black cars??

I have trouble finding good wax for black.

I've used Zaino for years. TOP NOTCH polish, but expensive.

Meguire's NXT -- Good bling, doesn't last long.

Klasse -- 2 step system. VERY NICE, but stage 2 is a bear to get off.

There's a lot out there, you just have to find one that works good for you. Personally, I'd give Zaino a shot, you can't go wrong.

:cheers: :cheers:

bill440rt

$8K for car wax is insane.  :eek2:
I LOVE Griot's Garage products. They're a little expensive, but not insane like that.
I wax my cars about 2x per year, & use 3M's Show Car Paste Wax. I may use a hand glaze or polish prior to waxing. Comes out nice.
I was never a big fan of Zymol products, I just thought it was just overpriced crap.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

jb666

Quote from: bill440rt on May 22, 2009, 08:26:21 PM
$8K for car wax is insane.  :eek2:
I LOVE Griot's Garage products. They're a little expensive, but not insane like that.
I wax my cars about 2x per year, & use 3M's Show Car Paste Wax. I may use a hand glaze or polish prior to waxing. Comes out nice.
I was never a big fan of Zymol products, I just thought it was just overpriced crap.
:Twocents:

I SECOND THAT.

Old Moparz

Back when I had free time & waxed my own cars, I used this stuff called Liquid Glass. I just Googled it & they still make it.

http://www.liquidglass.com/FAQ.htm

I am so glad I don't have a $10,000 paint job on anything & have to wonder & worry about what to clean & wax it with.  :smilielol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

skip68

:o   Damn !   I don't even wash my junk that good.   :icon_smile_big:   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on May 23, 2009, 10:28:04 AM

Well, look on the bright side, at least your car gets USED.

:shruggy: :slap:

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

dkn1997

Quote from: skip68 on May 23, 2009, 10:28:04 AM

most of us married guys wash our junk really good.....

RECHRGED