News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So who still games online? FPS's I mean.

Started by Khyron, May 19, 2009, 07:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

O.k.... so the thread is about online games. years ago ... when I had less kids and more time I used to game alot. But now I just find my enjoyment when the kids go to bed and since im getting older I can only stay sharp with one. I still play Command and Conquer Renegade.

I used to play...

Americas Army
Unreal Tournament
Freespace
Quake 3
Quake 2
and all the older Command and Conquers. I still have all the games.

anyone else?

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Mr.Woolery

I occasionally log on and play Battlefield 2...fun game there.
-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

bakerhillpins

I know the tune about the kids!

I never did a lot of online gaming at home (never lived anywhere that had a high speed connectivity option) but at a few places I worked over the years a group of coworkers used to game during lunch and sometimes after work. It was a blast, but as with any group activity, after a while folks drop out or become hit or miss and it just kinda dies.

When I worked at GE they actually got after us because they had the MFG network tied into engineering... and the lunchtime gaming was jamming up production systems... Oops!  :D

Bryan
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

SeattleCharger

I play a lot of quake 4, dm and ctf,  did quake 3 a couple years ago,  my computer is getting out of date to run new games unfortunately, or I would try some new ones. 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Tilar

I used to play a LOT on mmorpg's. My son and I had a pretty killer Delta Force team. We had 9 computers setup in one addition at one time. We'd have his friends come over and play. You're really pretty much unstoppable when all your team is in the same room talking instead of typing.  I played a little bit of American Army but haven't played that in a couple years.

I also played Dark Age of Camelot, Actually I was a beta tester but once it went live I lost interest. I've played World of Warcraft and lost interest in that too. Played Star Wars GAlaxies for a short time but didn't like the game play. I started playing Everquest when it came out in March of 1999 and still play it now and then. My oldest character was started April 24th 1999 and at one time I had 5 active accounts.

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Forza

Used to play Duke Nukem, Blood, Redneck Rampage, Quake, and Doom way back. Now I pretty much stick with Call of Duty 4 & 5. I used to be pretty heavy into MMORPG's like Star Wars Galaxies, Everquest, World of Warcraft, and Vandguard. Most of the time now if I'm not at work, I'm at home in the yard or my parents yard.

skip68

I love hidden object games and download the hour long samples all the time.  :yesnod: Chuck likes them too! (But I hate it when he jumps in my game!  :brickwall: :D )

Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

KS71owner

I play CoD 4, Gears, Left 4 Dead and Battlefield 2142. I haven't played much in a while but mostly I play L4D lately. I also enjoy the Warhammer Dawn of War RTSs.

devilgear

I play Frontlines and Halo 3 alot latley...

SeattleCharger

duke nukem, quake 1, 2, 3, 4, doom 1, 2, and 3,    just do q4 online now, but sometime play through the single player of doom 3 or quake 4,   I need to upgrade this computer!!!    :icon_smile_angry:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: Forza on May 20, 2009, 04:44:26 PMI used to be pretty heavy into MMORPG's like Star Wars Galaxies

What server were you on and your toons name ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpw8ziR6krw
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

Khyron

wow, thread brought back....

WORLD OF TANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Drache

Quote from: Khyron on July 27, 2011, 01:17:31 PM

+1 on World of Tanks.

As for FPS I still get into L4D2, BC2, Brink, etc.

I used to play in Renegade A LOT! That game I miss.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Mr.Woolery

-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

Sabre

Call of Duty Black Ops is the only FPS I'm playing now.  When MW3 and BF3 come out this year I'll be playing them.

BIGBLCK11

Currently playing Bad Company 2 and COD5: Nazi Zombies.

Battlefield 3, coming out in Oct., looks to be excellent. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zw8SmsovJc

1BAD68

I've been playing Battlefield 1 and 2 for awhile.
3 looks like an entirely new game, can't wait!

moparguy01

I used to play doom. Can't say it was online though, but I did call my buddys computer so we'd play it as a team. Yes, I did have to put the phone onto the receiver thing to make it work. I do play blacks ops from time to time as well. But not real often.

Khyron

Quote from: Drache on July 27, 2011, 01:20:39 PM
Quote from: Khyron on July 27, 2011, 01:17:31 PM

+1 on World of Tanks.

As for FPS I still get into L4D2, BC2, Brink, etc.

I used to play in Renegade A LOT! That game I miss.

dude, www.unrulesclan.com  we still play Ren sometimes and have a WoT clan going :-)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

KS71owner

I had to reinstall all my games recently due to a HD replacement, so all I have right now is Portal, COD4 and L4D 1 and 2. Just downloaded some new maps tonight. Gonna reinstall Gears of War and Assassin's Creed soon.

redmist

I held the number 3 spot in the nation on the CLQ back in the day playing chaos quake. I moved on to counterstrike and did well in that game also. Both those games were under the tag "redmist"  I then played BF2 as "tactical_ted" and now play BFBC2 with the same name.
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

1BAD68

tactical_ted ?
I think I have your dog tag

redmist

JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

last426

I just built a fairly killer gaming pc, I5 2500k, asrock p67, 200 dollar gpu, an SSD, but I am now 58 -- a bit too slow for online fps.  Heck, I haven't even loaded any decent games on it yet (getting old is no fun).  What's the deal with EA and Origin?  Kim

Tilar

Nothing wrong with growing old unless you let yourself get old. I don't play any online first person shooters anymore either because of my reaction time, but I do still play WoW and every now and then log on to Everquest, and I do have some FPS's that are not online that I play now and then. 
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.