News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Hemi That Got Away... (New Home)

Started by 426HemiCharger, May 06, 2009, 05:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIRD67

Well, before we got the Firebird, there was a 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T convertible I wanted to get, however, it had literally 50 different shades of paint and there were no floors.. The car had no engine or transmission, but it did have an 8 3/4 rear end.. The guy wanted $12k for it... My stepdad thought it was too far gone.. Last I heard, it was originally a Plum Crazy car with a white interior, 440 4 barrel and 727 T-flite from the factory and was now down in Florida for a nut and bolt restoration..

Then, there was a pretty nice '71 Mustang Mach 1, it was a solid car and it ran great, had a 351 4 speed, but it had a big crack in the passengers side rear quarter panel, which made us question if it was really all that solid..It was Light Blue Metallic with silver stripes, magnum 500's and a ram air hood.. the guy wanted $11,500 for it..We passed
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

scatpack69

back in 95 I coulda traded a 70 Charger R/T I had for an original General Lee. I shoulda but didn't. I'm still kicking myself over that.

Chargerrtforme

Back in my school days I took a friend to go check out a 62 Impala SS 409 dual quad 4 speed conv, for 300.00.  It was Roman red and in perfect original low mile condition.  This was about 1975 ish and I didn't have the 300.00 at the time.  My (X) buddy bought the car behind my back for the 300.00.  Then 6 months later sold it for the same 300.00 without letting me know. :RantExplode:  The guy sucks.

426HemiCharger

your ex-buddy sounds like a Hans Luedtke type. :rotz:
------------------------Cars I have now----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS
-----------------------Cars I wish I had----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T 4-Speed or Hemi Clone
1970 Charger R/T Hemi Clone
1970  Dodge Polara IL State Police Car
---------------------------Future Posibilities------------------------
2010 or later Ford Fusion Hybrid (Replaces 2002 Hyundai)