News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

$68,000 for a daytona clone LOL

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, May 19, 2009, 02:40:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

not 2 sure about the price hahahah still has the 383 in it but at least it has a plug-MATT

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/1132560232.html

Old Moparz

Too bad the 4 tiny photos are all blurry, it might be a halfway decent car but I can't tell.  ::)

Seems pretty steep for a replica & something that still needs work, & that's not even taking into consideration that a 383 is in it. The 383 wouldn't bother me much for a driver, but the price has to reflect it. I would like to see more photos of better quality, I love the bronze/copper with a white interior.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

hotrod98

I'm still trying to figure out how he managed to get the body off of the frame for the "off frame" resto.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Daytona R/T SE

I think that is the car that HLPAG had that had the back window about a foot too far forward, so it looked more like a skylite than a back window :shruggy:

BigBlockSam

QuoteI think that is the car that HLPAG had that had the back window about a foot too far forward, so it looked more like a skylite than a back window shruggy

is that the hlpag car
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on May 19, 2009, 04:50:32 PM
QuoteI think that is the car that HLPAG had that had the back window about a foot too far forward, so it looked more like a skylite than a back window shruggy

is that the hlpag car
if so it didnt have a motor in it when they got it , so those dummies put the 383 in it .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Old Moparz

Quote from: nascarxx29 on May 19, 2009, 05:30:36 PM
What about $50K for a real superbird beats $68,000 for a clone
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1172803749.html

That's definitely a better buy. Did you notice the ad also has "best offer" after the $50K price?
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

BigBlockSam

QuoteThat's definitely a better buy. Did you notice the ad also has "best offer" after the $50K price?

that's a tricky picture . it makes me think it's in rough shape
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Old Moparz

Quote from: BigBlockSam on May 20, 2009, 10:42:13 AM
QuoteThat's definitely a better buy. Did you notice the ad also has "best offer" after the $50K price?

It does say runs & drives, but it also says it needs another $7K to $15K to be nice. I'd love to get one, but even 10% less than the asking price, it's still way out of my price range.  ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

PocketThunder

Quote from: Old Moparz on May 20, 2009, 11:20:51 AM

It does say runs & drives, but it also says it needs another $7K to $15K to be nice. I'd love to get one, but even 10% less than the asking price, it's still way out of my price range.  ::)

Bob i'm thinking you should clone your Coronet into a Daytona Convertible.   :scratchchin:  That will save you on having to do the window plug.   :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

and kill two of his dream projects with the stone  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Old Moparz

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 20, 2009, 11:32:35 AM

Bob i'm thinking you should clone your Coronet into a Daytona Convertible.   :scratchchin:  That will save you on having to do the window plug.   :2thumbs:

Nope, I want a regular Charger as a ragtop, & another one as a Daytona hardtop, although a Superbird would be just as cool.

I've wanted a Charger convertible ever since I had my first '69 Charger in 1981. The thing that sparked the idea was a misprint in my Chilton's Charger book that has the fuse chart listing a convertible fuse. I went crazy trying to find out back then if there ever was a Charger ragtop built since I didn't really know much about their history. Having friends who were all Chebby, Pontiyuck, & Ferd lovers, I had no help. I think it took about 2 years to actually verify that none were ever built, but I made a sketch of one & always wanted to build it.

When I saw Pete Veight's Daytona ragtop at the '88 Mopar Nationals, I knew it was possible, but decided that the a wing car is just too long as a convertible. I don't like the car as much as a hardtop version. When I found my Satellite convertible, I was going to use it as the base car for the conversion, but couldn't find a shop that was willing to do the back end swap. I even talked to Pete Veight many times at the Marcus Dairy car cruise in CT about his & tried to offer him some money to at least do the back half, but he wasn't interested.

If I hit the lottery though, I'll have lots of one of none cars.  :lol:

Quote from: moparstuart on May 20, 2009, 12:21:16 PM
  and kill two of his dream projects with the stone  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

HOW CAN YOU TALK ABOUT STONES & CARS???

ARE YOU FORGETTING ABOUT STONE CHIPS???
   :smilielol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

moparstuart

Quote from: Old Moparz on May 20, 2009, 01:23:43 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on May 20, 2009, 11:32:35 AM

Nope, I want a regular Charger as a ragtop, & another one as a Daytona hardtop, although a Superbird would be just as cool.

I've wanted a Charger convertible ever since I had my first '69 Charger in 1981. The thing that sparked the idea was a misprint in my Chilton's Charger book that has the fuse chart listing a convertible fuse. I went crazy trying to find out back then if there ever was a Charger ragtop built since I didn't really know much about their history. Having friends who were all Chebby, Pontiyuck, & Ferd lovers, I had no help. I think it took about 2 years to actually verify that none were ever built, but I made a sketch of one & always wanted to build it.

When I saw Pete Veight's Daytona ragtop at the '88 Mopar Nationals, I knew it was possible, but decided that the a wing car is just too long as a convertible. I don't like the car as much as a hardtop version. When I found my Satellite convertible, I was going to use it as the base car for the conversion, but couldn't find a shop that was willing to do the back end swap. I even talked to Pete Veight many times at the Marcus Dairy car cruise in CT about his & tried to offer him some money to at least do the back half, but he wasn't interested.

If I hit the lottery though, I'll have lots of one of none cars.  :lol:

Quote from: moparstuart on May 20, 2009, 12:21:16 PM

HOW CAN YOU TALK ABOUT STONES & CARS???

ARE YOU FORGETTING ABOUT STONE CHIPS???
   :smilielol:
notice i didnt say bird  :D :D :D :D