News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Attempted to drive a new Challenger this weekend!!

Started by mopar_nut_440_6, May 19, 2009, 12:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar_nut_440_6

My wife sold her truck last week so we went test driving new vehicles this weekend!

We ended up at our local Dodge Dealership where there was a 2008 SRT8 500 with the 6.1 and an automatic transmission. I was told I could not drive it as it was a "numbers " car 1 of 500 of the "500" model. I asked if they had any others on the lot and was told the only one I could drive was a V6 automatic.

How in the hell do they expect to sell these cars if they will not allow you to drive them! I was unimpressed as if I wanted to purchase the car I could!!

The price tag was 69,000 on it as well which I thought was pretty steep!!

Needless to say I will NOT purchase a car from this dealer!!

1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

tecmopar

Your right, how do they plan on selling one if you can't drive it. I went to my local Dealer and had no problem at all driving the SRT-8 (not a 500) but it is pretty impresive. I realize now that I miss my Bullitt edition GT Mustang because it is really nice to drive a car with all of todays technoligy, comfort, music, handling, braking etc etc, and faster then most anything else out there. Don't get me wrong, I will always love my older muscle and get a big kick out of the excitement it brings when you pull into a dealer and there all over it.

squeakfinder

The other problem is finding a dealer within a hundred miles at the rate there shutting them down. :RantExplode:

Give them all this bailout money and there still on the path to bankruptcy. Sorry to be so negative.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Chatt69chgr

a good website to keep up with the goings on with Chrysler is allpar.com   

They also have some good historical info. 

I think they will be producing the Challenger for a couple of more years.  After that, I doubt it.  Could be wrong depending on police car sales.  Even then, I wouldn't think they would keep the LX line going more than  three years. 

There are still Challengers available from dealers for reasonable prices.  You just have to do a lot of internet work to find them.

69bronzeT5

Me and my dad went to Langley Chrysler. He asked them the price for a white '09 R/T and the salesman ran into the back and grabbed the keys. That was a fun test drive ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Ghoste

I can understand their reasoning if it was really one of the "500" introductory ones (I thought it was a lot more than 500?) but if they plan to sell them they really need to pull their heads out of their asses.  I have been finding similar things at other dealers, they all seem to feel the Challenger is a golden toy that may only be viewed with permission and a small fee.  The Ford dealers killed the new Thunderbird through the same type of greedy stupidity and these guys will do the same.  And we wonder why they are in trouble.  :brickwall:

bull

What's that saying about how the emperor has no clothes? Seems like these dealers are often the ones blowing holes in the USS Chrysler. :loser:

Khyron

Quote from: bull on May 19, 2009, 02:08:15 PM
Seems like these dealers are often the ones blowing holes in the USS Chrysler. :loser:

ohhhh they're blowing something alright :lol:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.