News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sign of the Cat

Started by Ghoste, May 17, 2009, 09:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

How many remember that Mercury ad campaign?  Anyway, took a road trip to small town called Exeter yesterday with a buddy of mine.  He has a 68 Mustang GT 428CJ car that was sold new from the Ford Mercury dealer there and he wanted to see the place.  It has a giant cougar on the roof left over from the 60's.  They remodelled the front of the place but they had the good sense to keep the big kittycat.

Aero426

Wow, I've been to Exeter and somehow missed that.   Cool stuff.

Ghoste

Exeter, Ontario?  It's at a main intersection across from the Dodge dealer (which doesn't have a giant ram on the roof btw).

maxwellwedge

Meow

maxwellwedge

The word Cougar has a whole new meaning now ... :lol:

Ghoste

Guess which one I'm most afraid of.

pettybird

my 5 liter convertible has the sign of the raccoon--damn things walked all over it this winter, tore my car cover to pieces, etc. white top car, too.   :flame:

I'd love that big cat!

Old Moparz

I remember that ad campaign well. When my Dad took me to the New York Auto Show in the late 60's & early 70's, Mercury used to have a live cougar at the show. Usually a pretty woman on stage with the new car & the cougar on top of the sign behind her. I bet you couldn't do that these days with PETA & lawyers waiting in the wings.

I probably took pics, but all the family photos in a large suit case got lost in a move & gone for good.  ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

69*F5*SE

Remember the ad well.  Showing my age here.   :icon_smile_big:

maxwellwedge

Brock Samson

i sure hope it don't git loose...  :eek2:

bull