News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone went from console to non-console manual trans?

Started by CB, May 17, 2009, 09:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB

I have a console 4-speed car but since the lower shifter boot isn't really an easy to find part and because my console is a little rough I might just delete the console. For the time being at least.

what's your idea?
Some even like the clean look of just a stick instead of the console/stick combo.

Thanks
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Troy

Finding a nice non-console shifter will likely be as hard as finding the right boot. Everything for the console is reproduced I believe. Plus, you'll have to cut the brackets off the floor and change your carpet.

Oh, and I prefer the non-console look but if I had an original 4-speed car with a console I wouldn't change it (fortunately, mine's non-console so I don't have to stress about it).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

A console is definitely something you can live without, at least temporarily. I will probably end up driving mine before I get the console in place because I doubt I'll have the patience to save up the $1,000 I'll need to replace it all until later.

charge-it

The lower console boot looks nothing like the upper console boot. The last I heard was Brewers bought up all the nos ones and sold them off. Good luck finding one, I`ve been looking for three years. I have a pic of the lower boot. You would have thought that before selling them all off they would have at least saved one to have them re-popped. Here`s what it looks like. If anyone even has a used one I need one.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

CB

Quote from: charge-it on May 17, 2009, 12:25:10 PM
The lower console boot looks nothing like the upper console boot. The last I heard was Brewers bought up all the nos ones and sold them off. Good luck finding one, I`ve been looking for three years. I have a pic of the lower boot. You would have thought that before selling them all off they would have at least saved one to have them re-popped. Here`s what it looks like. If anyone even has a used one I need one.

I've seen that pic somehere on the forum. That's the one I need too... :yesnod:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Ryan

Do you really need to use that exact boot? I used a 70 lower boot on my car and it works fine, plus its covered by the console anyways. It may not look correct below but who will ever see it?
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

CB

they definitely used the wrong year one on my car.

It is junk now:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

charge-it

Quote from: Ryan on May 17, 2009, 12:43:21 PM
Do you really need to use that exact boot? I used a 70 lower boot on my car and it works fine, plus its covered by the console anyways. It may not look correct below but who will ever see it?
That`s what I`ve done. Your right, no one will ever see it...
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

Brightyellow69rtse

Quote from: CB on May 17, 2009, 12:47:13 PM
they definitely used the wrong year one on my car.

It is junk now:

thats the exact boot on my car too. mines all tore up aswell. this boot has been giving me nightmares forever. i dunno what to do about it. i was also thinking of just deleting the console aswell.

whats involved in swaping over to a big long pistol grip shifter?