News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Heater/defroster assembly

Started by twodko, May 20, 2009, 10:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

Hey all,

Before my Charger goes in for paint I need to install a new heater core. Its not going to be fun but does anyone have any tips to pass along that may ease this chore...........other than beer. Thanks

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Ghoste

It's fairly straightforward but if you decide to remove any support brackets you should maybe mark them with tape and numbers on the tape and then take a pic so you know where to reinstall them.

twodko

Hello Ghoste,

Thanks for your advice. I've looked over Oestermarken and Shakey's heater box rebuild and they are both outstanding! I'll be shooting for the same results and will photo document the process for our Charger binder and the forum.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Chatt69chgr

I'll look forward to that workup.  I have this project to do myself.  I have a new dual heater core and gasket kit.  Will have to have the ac evaporator pressure tested since nobody repops it.