News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Digital Camcorder Video Camera Whats a good value????

Started by Charger-Bodie, May 14, 2009, 02:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Looking to buy a video camera...Anyone have any input or advice on a good one?? not looking to spend thousands but I don't want an outdated piece of crap either.

Thanks in advance!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Tilar

Bought this one a couple months back. $300ish holds 30 gigs of videos and you can connect it direct to a dvd burner and burn the movies to dvd.

http://camcorder.jvc.com/product.jsp?pathId=119&modelId=MODL028244

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

472 R/T SE

My only suggestion is to make sure you can plug it into a computer to edit what's on the camera before having to burn a disc.

That's my problem now.  I bought a new camcorder and slr when I sold my blue car and found out recently that the camcorder is too old to be able to connect to the puter.

Like digital cameras, dvd recorders have dropped in price.

mikepmcs

Brian
Need to know the budget and your needs/wants for the camera and I will try to help.
In the meantime, check out this consumer buying guide for tips if you like.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/electronics-computers/audio-video/camcorders/camcorder-guide/index.htm?EXTKEY=SP72C00&CMP=KNC-CROYPICARS&HBX_OU=51&HBX_PK=pi

I like this one BTW for a good midrange+ camcorder.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_280HG21/Canon-HG21.html?tp=268

Sony and Canon pretty much own the market, myself, I'm not a fan of Sony any longer, because, in my opinion, they have become really cheaply made and that is based on their audio equipment mainly.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Tilar

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 14, 2009, 06:18:51 PM
My only suggestion is to make sure you can plug it into a computer to edit what's on the camera before having to burn a disc.

That's my problem now.  I bought a new camcorder and slr when I sold my blue car and found out recently that the camcorder is too old to be able to connect to the puter.

I imagine any of them can connect to a computer now. The JVC comes with all the cables to connect to the PC and also the software to edit the videos... but I haven't quite figured out how to use the software yet to edit them yet. I guess if I'd read the manual it would help.  :scratchchin:
Dave  

mikepmcs

Those manuals are so confusing.  It's unbelievable and you literally have to have nothing but time to figure out every option.. Just so much you can do nowadays, technology is incredible.
Does yours take memory sticks as well as the HDD
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Tilar on May 14, 2009, 07:20:56 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 14, 2009, 06:18:51 PM

I imagine any of them can connect to a computer now. The JVC comes with all the cables to connect to the PC and also the software to edit the videos... but I haven't quite figured out how to use the software yet to edit them yet. I guess if I'd read the manual it would help.  :scratchchin:

That shows how far behind the times I am.  :pullinghair:  It was the thought that counts.  :icon_smile_wink:

Charger-Bodie

Thanks Guys!!

I ended up going with the JVC...... I hope it works out well. Here is a link to the one I got :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=150344518378

Let me know how I did?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Tilar

Wow, 60 gig hard drive. I think you'll be happy with it.
Dave