News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ran't over. Cool pics of my Duster though.

Started by C_stripes, May 15, 2009, 12:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

QuoteMike DC,

Not to start an arguement but if officers didn't ask for ID, how could they be sure that you are who you say you are.  Especially since it was a known drug dealing area.  I'm not saying C-Stripes meets the description of the individuals who have been possibly seen doing contraban in that area but who is to say that the one instance the police come upon someone, that person could be the dealer.  Now if they find him again during a questionable situation, they have his name on file and can start putting two and two together.

IMHO it's not a problem when authorities are asking for ID & taking names when the area has recently been known for increased drug-dealing.  (And when a "recent increased drug dealing area" is not just a blanket term being applied to an entire zip code in the ghetto.)  Or when a person is doing something that genuinely is suspicous.  Or when they match the description of a suspect/person of interest who is potentially in the area. 

If I happen to match the description of a recent suspect in the area, then I'm perfectly willing to produce ID.  And I'll do it without giving the officer any indignant self-rightous crap about it.  I understand the sense in this scenario.

The problem is when there is no new drug dealing or any other specific circumstances. 

It's a prinicple thing.  Slippery slope.  A big portion of modern law enforcement operates as if a private citizen owes them an explanation and a photo ID under any circumstances they feel like asking for one.  Crossing this line is a violation of what we know as historically right in America. 

C_stripes

I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

magnum

Some of those pics would be good calendar material :yesnod: :2thumbs:.
Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Khyron on May 15, 2009, 09:46:58 AM
Thats what you get for blocking a dirt road in the middle of nowhere! :lol:

Standard Jason comment :smilielol: Cool pictures Jeremy :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

resq302

Very nice pics.  Just curious what pixel camera you are using since they seem almost like professional quality pics. :2thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

C_stripes

Quote from: resq302 on May 16, 2009, 07:54:33 PM
Very nice pics.  Just curious what pixel camera you are using since they seem almost like professional quality pics. :2thumbs:

It's actually a older Kodak V550 5 mega pixel camera. I have it turned down to 3.1 though. It is a good camera but is starting to show it's age.
But thanks for the complements. I have always enjoyed photography, someday I will get a good camera.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: skip68 on May 15, 2009, 09:07:14 AM
Next time ask them if you are being detained.    :yesnod:   

YEP!!!   Asked if you're being detained...   if they say "yes" they must provide a reason why - immediately write down their badge number.   Most cops avoid this...      :Twocents:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

hemi-hampton

As far as I know the cops need Probable cause or what some call reasonable suspicion. And you have the right to know what that reason is. But, many cops do not follow that rule knowing it is so minor that 99.9% of the public are not going to bother with a harrassment suit. They know they can violate it & get away with it. In this case the cop may just win any type of suit being a known drug area possibly providing probably cause but he still should of told you the reason for the questioning but may justfy that in court by saying it could of jeopardized any future drug stake outs by tipping you off the area is being watched :scratchchin:  Where did you say you live again, Colorado, Nice Pics :2thumbs: LEON.

jb666

Quote from: Khyron on May 15, 2009, 09:46:58 AM
Thats what you get for blocking a dirt road in the middle of nowhere! :lol:

I agree. You were parked sideways on the middle of a dirt road near a sign that reads KEEP OUT. I'd say you just looked suspicious and he wanted to have your name on file (in case there was more to it than that). The police have a very difficult job trying to determine who is/isn't telling the truth, because EVERYONE is innocent. When was the last time they pulled up to someone to have them say "Gee officer, I just killed the people in that house over there!". He was just doing his job..  :2thumbs:

With that said, I have to say that is some of the most incredible background scenery I've ever seen. I would do what ever it takes to be snapping pictures there every time!!!!!!!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

hemi68charger

Quote from: 1hot68 on May 15, 2009, 02:59:21 PM
Quote from: Silver R/T on May 15, 2009, 02:42:40 PM
Cops are assholes, that one thing you have to remember. You don't want to give them a chance to pull you over for anything. Nice car btw.

:shortbus:

That! To say the least , was completely uncalled for!  :brickwall: Not all cops are jerks....I know of alot more decent Police officers than I do bad ones.

:iagree:  My best friend in all my life is a cop.........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection