News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ran't over. Cool pics of my Duster though.

Started by C_stripes, May 15, 2009, 12:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_stripes

Well, I went to do a little photo shoot of my Duster today since the weather was perfect and the mountains looked beautiful. It was a perfect evening to do so. So I found a dirt road out in the middle of nowhere and I got situated. I took one, it looked good, but I wanted a little bit different angel. So I moved a little and took another pic and it looked great. I started walking to the other side to take a pic and noticed that I had the cops rolling up on me. Now I know that a lot of people will say that they won't just come bother you for nothing. Well, I was doing nothing. I was on a back road away from anyone. I was standing there with my camera and he decides that he needs to get all of my info and run my ID and whatever else they do. WHY?? I DID NOTHING!! It wasn't even a no trespassing area. I was on a public road. Well, I wanted to continue, but he just sat there. So I got in and drove away. Well, he started following me. As I am going down the road, another Sheriff is coming down the road towards me. What, Is my camera and car a threat? It's a slant six for hell sakes. I don't understand. Can we not even take pics of our own cars without being bothered?

Sorry for the rant. Here are the THREE pics I took.

Jeremy

What do you all think anyway?
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

TheGhost

Just a bored county sheriff.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Charger-Bodie

The pics you did get are Really cool!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Hemidog

We don't take to kindly to your kind around here!  :police:  :nana:

mikepmcs

Maybe it has something to do with that keep out sign in your picture. :shruggy:
I agree that they don't just take your info for nothing... why did he say he was doing it??  Did you ask him?
If you were doing nothing wrong, then there is nothing to worry about.  Should've had him put his cruiser in the pics or better yet, when the other pulled up, you could have had them both surround you and that would have made even better shots.  I would have used that to my advantage if it were me or tried to anyway.  Lots of times it's the attitude that is portrayed that fuels the outcome of a situation. 
My guess is someone called for them to check you out, maybe thieves in the area lately??
They didn't just do it for nothing.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

bakerhillpins

For them to show up and harass you without providing any reasonable explanation is BS. If someone called them or they were having problems with thieves in the area they should have had the decency to give you that explanation first.

The police have a hard time of it in general but sometimes they just don't help their own situation.

Nice pics! Sorry they spoiled your fun.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Old Moparz

The police are just like everyone else, you'll find that there are good cops & bad cops. Look at the law of averages regarding how many assholes you run across on a daily basis. Could be 2 in 10? Maybe more? Take that average & apply it to the entire population of cops out there & you'll probably get to meet that same percentage. The day you took pics of your car was the day that you got to meet the asshole percentage of the police force.

Go find (Mr Angry) NYCMile's photo thread where he was in New York City taking pics of his car. He told us of how 2 cops walked up to him & asked what he was doing, then told him he could drive his car into a pedestrian only area of the park to get better photos. That was very cool & obviously those cops weren't in the asshole percentage of the NYPD. We've all had out share of meeting cops that irritate the crap out of us, it's nothing new.

You have a photo of yourself posted? Maybe you look really weird & you needed to be checked out.  :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

resq302

Ok, with working for a police dept. I can shed some light on this.  The reason why the officer asked you for your id was to have it on file.  If someone did report you as being in the area as say suspicious or on private property, the officer would need to have some info on you should something be wrong.  For instance, if there has been someone illegally dumping, the officer would then have a name and an address to go investigate should the said instance occur again once you were seen in the area.  Everytime my officers go out on a motor vehicle stop be it pulling up on a parked car that is occupied or on a violation, they check the registration, insurance, etc to make sure everything is valid and legit.  You won't believe how many fake insurance cards and uninsured cars there are out there!  Now imagine if one of these uninsured cars hit your antique.  You can get my idea I'm sure.

Now, are there bad cops out there that love to bust your balls.  Of course, I won't lie.  But for the most part, there are good cops out there like Johntpr and others here on the board who took an oath to serve and protect.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

skip68

Hey resq302,  The other thing is if Jeremy, was doing nothing wrong he could have asked the officer why he wanted to see his I.D.    :yesnod:    The officer must give you a reason or tell you that you are being detained as he can't do it simply because he has nothing better to do.  If you have done nothing wrong and they will not give you a reason or tell you they are detaining you then you can tell them it is none of their business who you are or what you are doing.   Next time ask them if you are being detained.    :yesnod:    Most cops are good and are only there to help so try and never be rude to them. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

C_stripes

The keep out sign was to the side of he road. I doubt that anyone would have called me in for a few reasons. 1. There isn't a house for about a mile away. 2. I was there for less than 5 minutes. I was cool to him and he was alright, I guess the thing that pissed me off is that I wanted to take more pics and he just sat there. So he was kind of in the way. The last pic, I took why he was there. So I wasn't really bothered that he pulled up. Just the fact that he wouldn't leave and then when I did, he followed me for about two miles and then had a second cop on their way.

skip68

Most likely he was just patrolling the area and wondering what you were doing out there.  It may have looked suspicious and that's fine. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Khyron

Thats what you get for blocking a dirt road in the middle of nowhere! :lol:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: Wow, just be glad your not black...  :lol:

FlatbackFanatic

cool pics though. :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

FLG

Since most of my family comes from a law enforcement background...i can understand the reasoning. Just yesterday about 5 of us were removing a transmission from a Audi under the BQE (brooklyn queens expressway) and when i came by im like "So how many cops passed by and asked if you were stripping the car??" buddy said "none yet", not soon after cops came by, asked what we were doing, asked to see the paperwork...ect. They saw everything was fine and let us alone. Granted we werent on a dirt road taking pics, but you get the idea.

Look at the big picture, what if you were a car thief? and all it would have taken was 5 min for some cop to question you and check some paperwork...i know if it was my car that was stolen id be damn happy.

There just doing there job, and if he wasent a prick about things i wouldnt have minded myself...id actually appreciate it. Also like mike said, maybe he would get in some pics with ya?

Old Moparz

Quote from: FLG on May 15, 2009, 01:44:29 PM

Just yesterday about 5 of us were removing a transmission from a Audi under the BQE (brooklyn queens expressway) and when i came by im like "So how many cops passed by and asked if you were stripping the car??"

I first read that as "you were on the BQE" doing that & thought you were full of crap......LOL

I've been on that road before, just driving it can get you killed, I couldn't imagine doing repairs on it.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

resq302

Quote from: skip68 on May 15, 2009, 09:07:14 AM
Hey resq302,  The other thing is if Jeremy, was doing nothing wrong he could have asked the officer why he wanted to see his I.D.    :yesnod:    The officer must give you a reason or tell you that you are being detained as he can't do it simply because he has nothing better to do.  If you have done nothing wrong and they will not give you a reason or tell you they are detaining you then you can tell them it is none of their business who you are or what you are doing.   Next time ask them if you are being detained.    :yesnod:    Most cops are good and are only there to help so try and never be rude to them. 

Chuck,

You are right however it depends on the state and local laws.

Brian
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Ponch ®

Quote from: Brock Samson on May 15, 2009, 10:29:15 AM
:scratchchin: Wow, just be glad your not black...  :lol:

oh man I could have some fun with that one...but I'll be good, for once.  :smilielol:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Silver R/T

Cops are assholes, that one thing you have to remember. You don't want to give them a chance to pull you over for anything. Nice car btw.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Silver R/T on May 15, 2009, 02:42:40 PM
Cops are assholes, that one thing you have to remember. You don't want to give them a chance to pull you over for anything. Nice car btw.

:shortbus:

That! To say the least , was completely uncalled for!  :brickwall: Not all cops are jerks....I know of alot more decent Police officers than I do bad ones.

Stereo typing sucks!!

Silver how would you like it ,if someone said all auto body repair techs are dicks?? I know I wouldn't like that!!  :soapbox:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Fitz73Chrgr

I love the black rims on that car, it makes it look mean!  Great pics, man!
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Dans 68

Quote from: Silver R/T on May 15, 2009, 02:42:40 PM

Hmm, trying to be a bit edgy, or just controversial? Either way it didn't work.  :rotz:  Just about the most ill-informed comment I have read yet on this forum....

Nice backdrop for the photos! The next time you go back (which will be soon, correct?  :D) you'll get the shots you want.  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Ponch ®

Quote from: Dans 68 on May 15, 2009, 03:08:01 PM
:  Just about the most ill-informed comment I have read yet on this forum....

Dan

you must have missed all of his other posts... :nana:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

C_stripes

I am not trying to say they are ass holes, I just don't understand why he had to hang over me till I left after he had seen everything was fine. I treated him with respect and for the most part. He treated me with respect. It just pissed me off that I really couldn't get good pics anymore as he was lingering. Then to follow me for a few miles and have his buddy come too. Thats what bothers me.

I did find out today that there are many drug deals on those back roads. So as far as I am concerned, he had the right to come check me out. But if I'm clear. Leave me alone.

But it's all good now. I will probably be out taking more pics tonight and tomorrow. Poor car is getting shot allot.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ponch ® on May 15, 2009, 03:15:18 PM
Quote from: Dans 68 on May 15, 2009, 03:08:01 PM
:  Just about the most ill-informed comment I have read yet on this forum....

Dan

you must have missed all of his other posts... :nana:

:smilielol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry