News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ran't over. Cool pics of my Duster though.

Started by C_stripes, May 15, 2009, 12:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_stripes

Well, I went to do a little photo shoot of my Duster today since the weather was perfect and the mountains looked beautiful. It was a perfect evening to do so. So I found a dirt road out in the middle of nowhere and I got situated. I took one, it looked good, but I wanted a little bit different angel. So I moved a little and took another pic and it looked great. I started walking to the other side to take a pic and noticed that I had the cops rolling up on me. Now I know that a lot of people will say that they won't just come bother you for nothing. Well, I was doing nothing. I was on a back road away from anyone. I was standing there with my camera and he decides that he needs to get all of my info and run my ID and whatever else they do. WHY?? I DID NOTHING!! It wasn't even a no trespassing area. I was on a public road. Well, I wanted to continue, but he just sat there. So I got in and drove away. Well, he started following me. As I am going down the road, another Sheriff is coming down the road towards me. What, Is my camera and car a threat? It's a slant six for hell sakes. I don't understand. Can we not even take pics of our own cars without being bothered?

Sorry for the rant. Here are the THREE pics I took.

Jeremy

What do you all think anyway?
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

TheGhost

Just a bored county sheriff.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Charger-Bodie

The pics you did get are Really cool!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Hemidog

We don't take to kindly to your kind around here!  :police:  :nana:

mikepmcs

Maybe it has something to do with that keep out sign in your picture. :shruggy:
I agree that they don't just take your info for nothing... why did he say he was doing it??  Did you ask him?
If you were doing nothing wrong, then there is nothing to worry about.  Should've had him put his cruiser in the pics or better yet, when the other pulled up, you could have had them both surround you and that would have made even better shots.  I would have used that to my advantage if it were me or tried to anyway.  Lots of times it's the attitude that is portrayed that fuels the outcome of a situation. 
My guess is someone called for them to check you out, maybe thieves in the area lately??
They didn't just do it for nothing.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

bakerhillpins

For them to show up and harass you without providing any reasonable explanation is BS. If someone called them or they were having problems with thieves in the area they should have had the decency to give you that explanation first.

The police have a hard time of it in general but sometimes they just don't help their own situation.

Nice pics! Sorry they spoiled your fun.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Old Moparz

The police are just like everyone else, you'll find that there are good cops & bad cops. Look at the law of averages regarding how many assholes you run across on a daily basis. Could be 2 in 10? Maybe more? Take that average & apply it to the entire population of cops out there & you'll probably get to meet that same percentage. The day you took pics of your car was the day that you got to meet the asshole percentage of the police force.

Go find (Mr Angry) NYCMile's photo thread where he was in New York City taking pics of his car. He told us of how 2 cops walked up to him & asked what he was doing, then told him he could drive his car into a pedestrian only area of the park to get better photos. That was very cool & obviously those cops weren't in the asshole percentage of the NYPD. We've all had out share of meeting cops that irritate the crap out of us, it's nothing new.

You have a photo of yourself posted? Maybe you look really weird & you needed to be checked out.  :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

resq302

Ok, with working for a police dept. I can shed some light on this.  The reason why the officer asked you for your id was to have it on file.  If someone did report you as being in the area as say suspicious or on private property, the officer would need to have some info on you should something be wrong.  For instance, if there has been someone illegally dumping, the officer would then have a name and an address to go investigate should the said instance occur again once you were seen in the area.  Everytime my officers go out on a motor vehicle stop be it pulling up on a parked car that is occupied or on a violation, they check the registration, insurance, etc to make sure everything is valid and legit.  You won't believe how many fake insurance cards and uninsured cars there are out there!  Now imagine if one of these uninsured cars hit your antique.  You can get my idea I'm sure.

Now, are there bad cops out there that love to bust your balls.  Of course, I won't lie.  But for the most part, there are good cops out there like Johntpr and others here on the board who took an oath to serve and protect.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

skip68

Hey resq302,  The other thing is if Jeremy, was doing nothing wrong he could have asked the officer why he wanted to see his I.D.    :yesnod:    The officer must give you a reason or tell you that you are being detained as he can't do it simply because he has nothing better to do.  If you have done nothing wrong and they will not give you a reason or tell you they are detaining you then you can tell them it is none of their business who you are or what you are doing.   Next time ask them if you are being detained.    :yesnod:    Most cops are good and are only there to help so try and never be rude to them. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

C_stripes

The keep out sign was to the side of he road. I doubt that anyone would have called me in for a few reasons. 1. There isn't a house for about a mile away. 2. I was there for less than 5 minutes. I was cool to him and he was alright, I guess the thing that pissed me off is that I wanted to take more pics and he just sat there. So he was kind of in the way. The last pic, I took why he was there. So I wasn't really bothered that he pulled up. Just the fact that he wouldn't leave and then when I did, he followed me for about two miles and then had a second cop on their way.

skip68

Most likely he was just patrolling the area and wondering what you were doing out there.  It may have looked suspicious and that's fine. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Khyron

Thats what you get for blocking a dirt road in the middle of nowhere! :lol:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: Wow, just be glad your not black...  :lol:

FlatbackFanatic

cool pics though. :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

FLG

Since most of my family comes from a law enforcement background...i can understand the reasoning. Just yesterday about 5 of us were removing a transmission from a Audi under the BQE (brooklyn queens expressway) and when i came by im like "So how many cops passed by and asked if you were stripping the car??" buddy said "none yet", not soon after cops came by, asked what we were doing, asked to see the paperwork...ect. They saw everything was fine and let us alone. Granted we werent on a dirt road taking pics, but you get the idea.

Look at the big picture, what if you were a car thief? and all it would have taken was 5 min for some cop to question you and check some paperwork...i know if it was my car that was stolen id be damn happy.

There just doing there job, and if he wasent a prick about things i wouldnt have minded myself...id actually appreciate it. Also like mike said, maybe he would get in some pics with ya?

Old Moparz

Quote from: FLG on May 15, 2009, 01:44:29 PM

Just yesterday about 5 of us were removing a transmission from a Audi under the BQE (brooklyn queens expressway) and when i came by im like "So how many cops passed by and asked if you were stripping the car??"

I first read that as "you were on the BQE" doing that & thought you were full of crap......LOL

I've been on that road before, just driving it can get you killed, I couldn't imagine doing repairs on it.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

resq302

Quote from: skip68 on May 15, 2009, 09:07:14 AM
Hey resq302,  The other thing is if Jeremy, was doing nothing wrong he could have asked the officer why he wanted to see his I.D.    :yesnod:    The officer must give you a reason or tell you that you are being detained as he can't do it simply because he has nothing better to do.  If you have done nothing wrong and they will not give you a reason or tell you they are detaining you then you can tell them it is none of their business who you are or what you are doing.   Next time ask them if you are being detained.    :yesnod:    Most cops are good and are only there to help so try and never be rude to them. 

Chuck,

You are right however it depends on the state and local laws.

Brian
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Ponch ®

Quote from: Brock Samson on May 15, 2009, 10:29:15 AM
:scratchchin: Wow, just be glad your not black...  :lol:

oh man I could have some fun with that one...but I'll be good, for once.  :smilielol:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Silver R/T

Cops are assholes, that one thing you have to remember. You don't want to give them a chance to pull you over for anything. Nice car btw.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Silver R/T on May 15, 2009, 02:42:40 PM
Cops are assholes, that one thing you have to remember. You don't want to give them a chance to pull you over for anything. Nice car btw.

:shortbus:

That! To say the least , was completely uncalled for!  :brickwall: Not all cops are jerks....I know of alot more decent Police officers than I do bad ones.

Stereo typing sucks!!

Silver how would you like it ,if someone said all auto body repair techs are dicks?? I know I wouldn't like that!!  :soapbox:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Fitz73Chrgr

I love the black rims on that car, it makes it look mean!  Great pics, man!
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Dans 68

Hmm, trying to be a bit edgy, or just controversial? Either way it didn't work.  :rotz:  Just about the most ill-informed comment I have read yet on this forum....

Nice backdrop for the photos! The next time you go back (which will be soon, correct?  :D) you'll get the shots you want.  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Ponch ®

Quote from: Dans 68 on May 15, 2009, 03:08:01 PM
:  Just about the most ill-informed comment I have read yet on this forum....

Dan

you must have missed all of his other posts... :nana:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

C_stripes

I am not trying to say they are ass holes, I just don't understand why he had to hang over me till I left after he had seen everything was fine. I treated him with respect and for the most part. He treated me with respect. It just pissed me off that I really couldn't get good pics anymore as he was lingering. Then to follow me for a few miles and have his buddy come too. Thats what bothers me.

I did find out today that there are many drug deals on those back roads. So as far as I am concerned, he had the right to come check me out. But if I'm clear. Leave me alone.

But it's all good now. I will probably be out taking more pics tonight and tomorrow. Poor car is getting shot allot.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ponch ® on May 15, 2009, 03:15:18 PM
Quote from: Dans 68 on May 15, 2009, 03:08:01 PM
:  Just about the most ill-informed comment I have read yet on this forum....

Dan

you must have missed all of his other posts... :nana:

:smilielol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

C_stripes

Also, Thanks for the complements on the pics and the car. For some crazy reason, it is the number one Duster on cardomain. I can't believe it.

It is so much fun to drive. I even enjoy the slant six. Talk to you all later,

Jeremy

resq302

Sounds like someone was either breaking the law or had a bad run in with Johnny Law. :patrol: :police: :drive:
Brian

TheGhost

Quote from: 1hot68 on May 15, 2009, 02:59:21 PM

That! To say the least , was completely uncalled for!  :brickwall: Not all cops are jerks....I know of alot more decent Police officers than I do bad ones.

Stereo typing sucks!!

Silver how would you like it ,if someone said all auto body repair techs are dicks?? I know I wouldn't like that!!  :soapbox:

Lord knows that autobody techs don't deserve to be stereotyped after Silver.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

teamroth

Quote from: Old Moparz on May 15, 2009, 02:03:20 PM

Just yesterday about 5 of us were removing a transmission from a Audi under the BQE (brooklyn queens expressway) and when i came by im like "So how many cops passed by and asked if you were stripping the car??"

I first read that as "you were on the BQE" doing that & thought you were full of crap......LOL

I've been on that road before, just driving it can get you killed, I couldn't imagine doing repairs on it.

Oh it's true, these young bucks are my inspiration. I happened by there on my way home and saw Frankie's Charger and had to stop in. There they were doing a clutch job right under the highway. I only hope I can afford them when I get my car. As far as the cops Jeremy, If you're doing nothing wrong, you could just aski him if everything is alright and see if it's ok to keep taking pictures. He may not be used to seeing people on that road, or maybe something unrelated had been reported and he was just checking.
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

FLG

Quote from: teamroth on May 15, 2009, 04:54:27 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on May 15, 2009, 02:03:20 PM

Oh it's true, these young bucks are my inspiration. I happened by there on my way home and saw Frankie's Charger and had to stop in. There they were doing a clutch job right under the highway. I only hope I can afford them when I get my car. As far as the cops Jeremy, If you're doing nothing wrong, you could just aski him if everything is alright and see if it's ok to keep taking pictures. He may not be used to seeing people on that road, or maybe something unrelated had been reported and he was just checking.

Yea not ON just under LOL

Thanks Thad!! My god Audi's are NOT The car to change clutches on under the BQE....had to drop the cross member. Was getting late so we left it alone the other night, got it out the next day and then found out it also needed a new flywheel so waited on that...if you pass by tonight it should be back in.

Id much rather work on rear wheel drive cars...so much easier  :2thumbs:

Mike DC

QuoteNow I know that a lot of people will say that they won't just come bother you for nothing. Well, I was doing nothing.

Been there.  More times than I can remember. 

tan top

good back ground   , nice  pictures   :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Forza

I wasn't going to post in this thread but after Silver's comment it got my feathers a lil ruffled. First off to the original rant, take a step back and look at the situation from the Deputies standpoint. Young male, middle of nowhere, parked on a gravel road. I don't care where you live that's going to grab someone's attention. For all he knew you could have been one of the following: car broke down, out smoking pot, dumping a body, stealing property, raping a penguin. How is he supposed to know? I would have been more concerned had he drove by and said nothing, because that would mean all he's doing is collecting a paycheck and not doing his job. It seems that you are under the impression that you have to be openly breaking the law for a police officer/deputy/state trooper to pull up and ask for I.D., that's not the case. If they deem something suspicious they can walk up to you and ask to see your I.D. at any time. There has been cases around here where a person is just acting shady enough for a cop to go talk to them and when their I.D. is ran, in pours the warrant hits. I'm sorry your photo shoot didn't go as you planned but come on, everyone bitches about cops until they need them. You should be happy that the law enforcement in your area are proactive and not reactive.

Dear Silver,

I hope someday that your head shrinks enough to be pulled out of your ass. Until then, please crawl back under your rock.

Sincerely,
Chuck

C_stripes

Forza.

Like I said a few posts back. I have since found out that there have been many drug deals on those roads. So I am not upset with him stopping. In fact, yes. It is his job and we should be glad that he was doing it. What still gets me though is that he just sit there and didn't leave. Then after I leave. He follows me for a wile and then there is another officer that was on his way out there. I shouldn't have said anything about it because it will always start a problem. I was just a little upset last night. I know several officers that are great people. I also know some that are not. On the other hand, I know some people that are great Church going people that will never do you wrong, and I knoe some church going people that will screw you any chance they get. So I know there is good and bad in everything. I never said the guy was an ass. But as anyone from this area knows, Cache County police do have a pretty bad rap.

Here are a few new pics I took today.  No one bothered me this time. It is so beautiful here in the spring.

I hope you enjoy,   Jeremy

QUIT saying negative things about cops now please. I am over it!

skip68

Cool Pics!  :cheers: Wish my Dad had held onto his gold duster. It was green w/gold flakes in the paint! Spent alot of my childhood in that car! On another note, I keep looking at your pics. with the snow topped mountains, and I am jealous. "IT'S FREAKING HOT HERE IN VEGAS!!!" LOL!  :rotz: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

C_stripes

Hey, I'm only like eight hours away.  :icon_smile_big:

It's still a bit chilly here in the mornings But I like it. I plan on moving to Boise next spring though. I like it better there.

Manfred318

Digin the pics Jeremy :drool5:  :2thumbs:
Hopefully one of these days Ill have my Duster on the road :yesnod:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

dads_69

Cops are assholes, that one thing you have to remember. You don't want to give them a chance to pull you over for anything. Nice car BTW.

Do you have any idea what a cops job intails? I to did not want to respond to this thread until I seen your comment. I wish right now I was a cop in Washington State. I can't even type what I want in response to your comment now, that's how pissed I am.
Nice A body BTW.

Mark

Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

C_stripes

Thanks Manfred and dads_69.

I am really enjoying this car. I really didn't think I would. I was going to part it out.  :brickwall:.

To everyone, I really didn't mean to start a cop bashing thread. I apologize.

Here are a few more pics because the way I see it, you can never have to many.  :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:

First one is a bit blurry, but I really like it.

Jeremy

Forza

Nice lookin car. Glad you were able to get the pictures you wanted, turned out great  :2thumbs: :cheers:

resq302

Really cool pics with the mountain in the background.  Hell, looks good enough to be either a postcard or fake background which I know it isn't.
Brian

Ghoste

The one scene almost looks like a background from Hazzard County.

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: C_stripes on May 15, 2009, 04:18:53 PM
For some crazy reason, it is the number one Duster on cardomain. I can't believe it.

It's those wheels, man.  They fit that car perfectly.  I love it.  I immediately started searching eBay for a similar car after reading this thread.  I even think the rust looks cool!  :2thumbs:
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

C_stripes

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on May 15, 2009, 11:23:50 PM
Quote from: C_stripes on May 15, 2009, 04:18:53 PM
For some crazy reason, it is the number one Duster on cardomain. I can't believe it.

It's those wheels, man.  They fit that car perfectly.  I love it.  I immediately started searching eBay for a similar car after reading this thread.  I even think the rust looks cool!  :2thumbs:

Lol,  Thanks. The wheels do make it look tuff. They are Victory Nascar wheels. Not sure of the exact model though.

I hope to fix the rust in a little wile. First I want to swap a 360 w/ 727 and an 8 3/4 3:91 sure grip into it. Mostly because thats what I have access to.

I would also like to add that it is the #2 Plymouth on cardomain right now following moparstuarts 69 Runner. Congrats MoparStuart. His birdable is also #6.  :cheers: out of over 4700 Plymouth's, three top ten cars here in this group.

Mike DC

QuoteI wasn't going to post in this thread but after Silver's comment it got my feathers a lil ruffled. First off to the original rant, take a step back and look at the situation from the Deputies standpoint. Young male, middle of nowhere, parked on a gravel road. I don't care where you live that's going to grab someone's attention. For all he knew you could have been one of the following: car broke down, out smoking pot, dumping a body, stealing property, raping a penguin. How is he supposed to know? I would have been more concerned had he drove by and said nothing, because that would mean all he's doing is collecting a paycheck and not doing his job. It seems that you are under the impression that you have to be openly breaking the law for a police officer/deputy/state trooper to pull up and ask for I.D., that's not the case. If they deem something suspicious they can walk up to you and ask to see your I.D. at any time. There has been cases around here where a person is just acting shady enough for a cop to go talk to them and when their I.D. is ran, in pours the warrant hits. I'm sorry your photo shoot didn't go as you planned but come on, everyone bitches about cops until they need them. You should be happy that the law enforcement in your area are proactive and not reactive.

Dear Silver,

I hope someday that your head shrinks enough to be pulled out of your ass. Until then, please crawl back under your rock.

Sincerely,
Chuck

With all due respect, I extremely disagree with your viewpoint here. 

Lots of people say, "Well, if you're not doing anything wrong, then you should have no problem showing your ID and explaining yourself." 

The only problem is that this is totally counter to the beliefs this country was founded upon.  We stopped flying the British flag because of frustrations like this. 

The benefits of a police force's intrusion into everyday life must be balanced against the detrimental effects on privacy and freedom.  If modern America wants to decide that they want less freedom, then we should vote to actually change the constitution on such issues.  But until that time happens it is wrong for the police to usurp this kind of power. 

It's not a question of whether or not there are benefits from giving the authorities this kind of power.  Of course there are benefits.  But this is still going too far and the principle of the issue needs to override. 

Private citizens should not have to justify themselves or present identification to any authority.  Not without at least some kind of circumstances that suggest someone or something shady is going on.  The circumstances don't need to be anything too strict, but it needs to be SOMETHING more than just a man standing on the side of the road in public. 

skip68

:cheers:  That's pretty much what I was saying.   But like you said Jeremy,  you were in a known problem area so that gives them a good reason to check you out.   Sorry,  I know you got it now.   I think it's great that the Police would be curious and ask what you're doing other than just drive by.  Like what was said earlier, they are earning the paycheck.  Next time just ask them why and I'm sure they will tell you.  Man silver,  :flame: Those so called assholes are the ones that would put their lives in danger just to save or help you.   :flame:   :rotz:    By the way, SWEEEEEEET pics Jeremy.  :drool5:    Chuck.............

WingCharger

C_stripes, you are taunting me with these pics! :icon_smile_big:

Wish I could find a Duster.

dodgecharger-fan

If it ever happens again, I'd suggest just continuing about your business after the deputy/officer/constable is satisfied that all is well. Carry on like they are not there.

I'm not in law enforcement, but the first thought I'd have if someone took off shortly after an ID check is, "I wonder why he's in a hurry to leave, now," then I'd follow to see if I can find out why. Dong that makes you look nervous and that makes them suspicious.

That said, after you checked out, he could have told you about the area being known for drug deals and warned you to keep safe.

The other car was probably called for backup in case it WAS a drug deal. You'd expect at least two cars to chase after in that scenario.

resq302

Mike DC,

Not to start an arguement but if officers didn't ask for ID, how could they be sure that you are who you say you are.  Especially since it was a known drug dealing area.  I'm not saying C-Stripes meets the description of the individuals who have been possibly seen doing contraban in that area but who is to say that the one instance the police come upon someone, that person could be the dealer.  Now if they find him again during a questionable situation, they have his name on file and can start putting two and two together.

Lets use this example.  Say you are out at Carlisle or some other large scale show and swap meet.  You know there is a part out there in the swap meet that you are looking for and that it is definitely at the show.  You walk the countless isles and vendors looking for this part.  Now you come across the part but decide that there is something else higher on the adjenda that you want to try and find.  You don't write down what isle it is or what the vendors name is so you can find him later.  You walk the entire swap meet but don't find that higher thing on the list.  Now you decide you want to go back and try to find that part that you had passed up on.  Uh oh, which isle was it in?  Isle 25 or ilse 52?  If you had written down the persons info or where he was located, you could have simply gone back and saved all the time rewalking through each ilse trying to find where he was.

There is a company by me whose slogan is "Do it once and do it RIGHT!"   Same slogan can apply to police work.  Easier to get the facts the first time than to look like an idiot and have the same crime happen again and then try to get the facts after the fact.

Now..... lets get back to seeing those pics of the "Gold "rush" duster"
Brian

magnum

Awesome pics :2thumbs:. You did a awesome job taking them. I like the one with the park lights on front view  :2thumbs:.
Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

Mike DC

QuoteMike DC,

Not to start an arguement but if officers didn't ask for ID, how could they be sure that you are who you say you are.  Especially since it was a known drug dealing area.  I'm not saying C-Stripes meets the description of the individuals who have been possibly seen doing contraban in that area but who is to say that the one instance the police come upon someone, that person could be the dealer.  Now if they find him again during a questionable situation, they have his name on file and can start putting two and two together.

IMHO it's not a problem when authorities are asking for ID & taking names when the area has recently been known for increased drug-dealing.  (And when a "recent increased drug dealing area" is not just a blanket term being applied to an entire zip code in the ghetto.)  Or when a person is doing something that genuinely is suspicous.  Or when they match the description of a suspect/person of interest who is potentially in the area. 

If I happen to match the description of a recent suspect in the area, then I'm perfectly willing to produce ID.  And I'll do it without giving the officer any indignant self-rightous crap about it.  I understand the sense in this scenario.

The problem is when there is no new drug dealing or any other specific circumstances. 

It's a prinicple thing.  Slippery slope.  A big portion of modern law enforcement operates as if a private citizen owes them an explanation and a photo ID under any circumstances they feel like asking for one.  Crossing this line is a violation of what we know as historically right in America. 

C_stripes

magnum

Some of those pics would be good calendar material :yesnod: :2thumbs:.
Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Khyron on May 15, 2009, 09:46:58 AM

Standard Jason comment :smilielol: Cool pictures Jeremy :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

resq302

Very nice pics.  Just curious what pixel camera you are using since they seem almost like professional quality pics. :2thumbs:
Brian

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

C_stripes

Quote from: resq302 on May 16, 2009, 07:54:33 PM
Very nice pics.  Just curious what pixel camera you are using since they seem almost like professional quality pics. :2thumbs:

It's actually a older Kodak V550 5 mega pixel camera. I have it turned down to 3.1 though. It is a good camera but is starting to show it's age.
But thanks for the complements. I have always enjoyed photography, someday I will get a good camera.

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: skip68 on May 15, 2009, 09:07:14 AM
Next time ask them if you are being detained.    :yesnod:   

YEP!!!   Asked if you're being detained...   if they say "yes" they must provide a reason why - immediately write down their badge number.   Most cops avoid this...      :Twocents:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

hemi-hampton

As far as I know the cops need Probable cause or what some call reasonable suspicion. And you have the right to know what that reason is. But, many cops do not follow that rule knowing it is so minor that 99.9% of the public are not going to bother with a harrassment suit. They know they can violate it & get away with it. In this case the cop may just win any type of suit being a known drug area possibly providing probably cause but he still should of told you the reason for the questioning but may justfy that in court by saying it could of jeopardized any future drug stake outs by tipping you off the area is being watched :scratchchin:  Where did you say you live again, Colorado, Nice Pics :2thumbs: LEON.

jb666

Quote from: Khyron on May 15, 2009, 09:46:58 AM

I agree. You were parked sideways on the middle of a dirt road near a sign that reads KEEP OUT. I'd say you just looked suspicious and he wanted to have your name on file (in case there was more to it than that). The police have a very difficult job trying to determine who is/isn't telling the truth, because EVERYONE is innocent. When was the last time they pulled up to someone to have them say "Gee officer, I just killed the people in that house over there!". He was just doing his job..  :2thumbs:

With that said, I have to say that is some of the most incredible background scenery I've ever seen. I would do what ever it takes to be snapping pictures there every time!!!!!!!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

hemi68charger

Quote from: 1hot68 on May 15, 2009, 02:59:21 PM

:iagree:  My best friend in all my life is a cop.........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection