News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

even bloomington gold would be ashamed of "survivor" being stretched this bad!

Started by 69charger2002, May 14, 2009, 09:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69charger2002

this is ridiculous.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ALL-ORIGINAL-SURVIVOR-CAR_W0QQitemZ170332429877QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item27a89a9e35&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A7|39%3A1|240%3A1318

all original survivor? i see more things unoriginal about this car than i do that ARE original. take away the rusted out body/paint you pretty much have nothing...

survivor:
1. original motor-  NOPE
2. original color engine bay- NOPE
3. original paint- well considering it's down to 80% body left, i guess we can give him this one
4. original interior- YES!
5. original wheels-NOPE
6. original miles-NOPE
7. original vinyl top- NOPE

man crap like this just pisses me off. his weak little description doesn't even TALK about the rotted out frame on the driver's side under the front seat area.. and he goes from saying all original survivor..and in the 3 lines of description he talks about stuff that is anything but original
anything to make a buck   :brickwall:   :RantExplode:
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Sublime/Sixpack

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Mike DC

"Survivor" is like "muscle car."  As time goes by the term's application seems to gradually widen. 

Bob

This statement disqualifies his "Original" statement.

Up for auction is a 1969 Dodge Charger This car is all original down to the paint and interior.  Previous owner installed 340 crate motor with a rebuilt transmission.  Car has new cragar s/s wheels  all of the way around with new goodyear tires.  Also has disc brake conversion with new spindles and KYB shocks.

72chargerSE

FastbackJon

Someone had this '66 on eBay for a while reporting it as "all original."

http://www.1966-67chargerregistry.com/list/indv.php?year=66&pic=3605780

Fender tag shows it should have a green interior and roof stripes, so other than the wrong air cleaner and battery, it's not only been repainted but also re-upholstered with the wrong color interior!
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

rav440

1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

TUFCAT

There seems to be a new pop culture term....refering to older restorations as "survivors".

It's disgusting to hear some consignors at Barrett-Jackson referred to their cars as survivors.

I'm happy when Steve Manante, Mike Joy, and Bob Varsha correct the terminology on the vehicle card as to what a survivor means.

As an owner of an original paint survivor, I'm quick to point out to others that my car has been "detailed" or "restored".

For example, the seats and carpet have been restored, but the engine block was only degreased and repainted, and the entire exterior has only been heavily "detailed" (protecting the original paint).

I always tell people that it took a couple years to make it this nice.....and there's a huge difference in the term "survivor" and "original".  Some people wouldn't look twice if they saw my car in its "original" (as purchased condition). :eek2:  ...because its been improved beyond the normal wear and tear expected for a 42 year old car.

dpm68