News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking Stealth heads

Started by Purple440, May 14, 2009, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple440

Hey guys,

I've been seriously considering getting a set of Stealth heads for my 440.  I've been reading the forums and following what people are seeing, so I have some background.  My cam is a lunati single pattern with .480 lift and 230@.050.  I've wondering about a few things:

1. Do I need the 10degree locks/retainers or is that issue only for guys with big lift cams?
2. The exhaust isn't raised like Eddy heads right?  so my current headers should fit...?

Thanks,
- Doug

mally69

your headers will be fine and most everything else will also, and about the 10 degree locks ( defintaly change them) just to be safe. I didnt cuase i thought mine would be ok well i ended up having to change them while the heads were on the engine and its alot easier to do befroe you bolt them on. Also, have your valve job checked to make sure all the valves are sealing to the seats, i had a few that werent and needed to be touched up some. But you'll have that no matter what heads you buy.

firefighter3931

Quote from: mally69 on May 14, 2009, 08:05:05 PM
your headers will be fine and most everything else will also, and about the 10 degree locks ( defintaly change them) just to be safe. I didnt cuase i thought mine would be ok well i ended up having to change them while the heads were on the engine and its alot easier to do befroe you bolt them on. Also, have your valve job checked to make sure all the valves are sealing to the seats, i had a few that werent and needed to be touched up some. But you'll have that no matter what heads you buy.

All good advice !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs