News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

about 750 edelbrock

Started by 66monaco, August 15, 2008, 10:04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

66monaco

today I check the distributor...slot are ok, but I changed the orginal springs back, and now it works! basic advance is, at D and 800rpm, around 18 and total timing in about 3000rpm, 38.....mayby 2 degrees too much bad it seems to work ok....well quess it works, I accelerated the whole first gear and changed quikly to second and it went little sideways... ;) :D and I changed my holley blue pump to mallory 110! 10 times quieter than holley!! so I had a good day! :2thumbs:
alltough now I worry about that clanking..it don't clank and idle but when rpms rice above 1500 it clank little around 4-6 cylinder....I just hope there ain't nothing wrong with pistons etc.... I have to try to adjust pushrods next...or maybe some lifter has got hurt... :scratchchin:
M ore
O utstanding
P ower
A nd
R eliability

firefighter3931

Quote from: 66monaco on May 16, 2009, 05:18:07 PM
today I check the distributor...slot are ok, but I changed the orginal springs back, and now it works! basic advance is, at D and 800rpm, around 18 and total timing in about 3000rpm, 38.....mayby 2 degrees too much bad it seems to work ok....well quess it works, I accelerated the whole first gear and changed quikly to second and it went little sideways... ;) :D and I changed my holley blue pump to mallory 110! 10 times quieter than holley!! so I had a good day! :2thumbs:
alltough now I worry about that clanking..it don't clank and idle but when rpms rice above 1500 it clank little around 4-6 cylinder....I just hope there ain't nothing wrong with pistons etc.... I have to try to adjust pushrods next...or maybe some lifter has got hurt... :scratchchin:

Good work....18/38 is fine  :2thumbs:   Pull the valvecovers and have a look at the valvetrain....you might have a bad/collapsed lifter.  :scratchchin:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs