News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chrysler Says It Will Eliminate 789 Dealers

Started by 451-74Charger, May 14, 2009, 10:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

there are four here on that list and add to that the 16th st. location where my mom bought her new '63 Lancer for a total of five.. only one left.

bull

Quote from: Ghoste on May 15, 2009, 08:11:29 AM
I'm hearing other reports this morning though that the list wasn't a complete one and that other dealers who weren't on there are being notified of elimination.  Anyone else hear this or is it fear mongering and rumor?

I heard that one of the dealerships in Washington, apparently one of the region's top sellers, is going to be closed and that they are going to appeal that decision. Makes no sense that they would close a busy dealership and I'm surprised to learn that the decision can be appealed. :shruggy:

Ghoste

Hmmm, perhaps there are some personal politics going on in the various sales regions?

1973_WP29P

One of the four that got the axe in Maine is a customer of mine. They sell Volkswagons and Jeeps. Maybe the Chrysler dealer in town will pick up the Jeep franchise.

Rosevillemoparts

we did not get axed but 40 others in Michigan did, 14 with in my try county area, Sad to see them close. Politics could have played but it was more on performance in new car sales and customer relation issues. small or big it did not metter.
moparDave

mikepmcs

Quote from: 1973_WP29P on May 16, 2009, 07:57:57 PM
One of the four that got the axe in Maine is a customer of mine. They sell Volkswagons and Jeeps. Maybe the Chrysler dealer in town will pick up the Jeep franchise.

I assume you are talking about Morong and thinking Bodwell will take up the slack??  I was wondering if Quirk or Darlings were going to get it to tell you the truth.  I new Central Maine Motors would be safe. :lol:

You watch though, as soon as NAS Brunswick closes, I see some stuff tanking down thataway pretty quick. :Twocents:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

69*F5*SE

Quote from: Rosevillemoparts on May 16, 2009, 08:05:44 PM
we did not get axed but 40 others in Michigan did, 14 with in my try county area, Sad to see them close. Politics could have played but it was more on performance in new car sales and customer relation issues. small or big it did not metter.

Yes, I was glad to see that you guys didn't get cut.  You're right around the corner from me and I used to work there as a kid being a porter when it was Jim Riehl's.  Monicotti got cut. Bummer for them. They've sponsered the Mopar Nats. in the past. 

Todd Wilson

I heard today that Bill Clinton has a relative that is a major player in the new car selling world. Owns a lot of shares of dealerships. The competition was eliminated in Lawrence Kansas by closing down the big dealer there so the Olathe dealer can get more business. Guess who owns part of that dealership.

Todd

1973_WP29P

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 16, 2009, 08:19:10 PM

I assume you are talking about Morong and thinking Bodwell will take up the slack??  I was wondering if Quirk or Darlings were going to get it to tell you the truth.  I new Central Maine Motors would be safe. :lol:

You watch though, as soon as NAS Brunswick closes, I see some stuff tanking down thataway pretty quick. :Twocents:

Yeah, Morongs does better with the Volkswagon sales then they do with Jeep. I think it is kinda funny thou. My brother was the parts manager for Morongs Brunswick. Last year they laid him off after 15 years of service. They did what alot of companies have been doing. Cut the higher paid people and keep the lower paid ones.

I'm hoping Bodwells picks it up. Bodwells is a pretty good customer of mine.

I'm curious to see what happens in Brunswick after BNAS closes. I'm afraid my sales will slow down even more when it happens.

hemi-hampton

YES, I'm glad your still their also, I buy alot of my parts from you & like all the after market parts available :2thumbs: LEON.

68charger383

I was across the street from Valley Dodge in Van Nuys today.

I usually look when I'm walking in to the building across the street to check out the new challengers and vipers they have in stock

However, all the new cars were gone. Only the service area was open.

I didn't realize this dealer was being closed. This is where Jay Leno got his challenger from.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=127486

Man talk about things happening fast!
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

maxwellwedge

Well - Look at the good side of this. Chrysler will get away with building less Superbirds to be legal for Nascar.  :eyes:

Joking aside, this totally stinks. If a store is selling units and making money why close them?

Ghoste

That's a damned good question, I have always thought that dealers were independent businessmen like other franchise owners.  Sure there's a dealer floor plan subsidized by Chrysler Financial and some dealers borrowed outright from Chrysler to get started but howmuch financial liability are they getting off the hook for here?

W4ATL

Went over to Atlanta Dodge to get some service done to my '96 Ram and they were shutting it down as of today. It wasn't on the list but one of the now ex-employees told me it was owned by a group from FL and they shut it down. 

moparstuart

Quote from: W4ATL on May 19, 2009, 02:11:59 PM
Went over to Atlanta Dodge to get some service done to my '96 Ram and they were shutting it down as of today. It wasn't on the list but one of the now ex-employees told me it was owned by a group from FL and they shut it down. 
Maybe chrysler should have asked for volenteers first before making the list   :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE